£35k a man

dazzapat

That seems fair enough, although I prefer the deals where they get huge incentives for actually winning something or nothing at all. I think Big Amo used to deal that way for the players.

To be honest the amount the players will get when they qualify for the semis is peanuts compared to the amount of money that will be made in revenue. I agree that under normal circumstances incentives should only be given for winning trophies etc, but this is slightly different as it's a situation we haven't been in for quite a few years.

According to the Evening Times 200,000 in total a player if they lift it!

Euro Gers on £200K-a-man

Walter Smith

by Thomas Jordan

RANGERS stars will pocket an incredible £200,000-a-man bonus if they go all the way and lift the Uefa Cup.

Walter Smith's men have been handed a massive cash incentive to continue turning on the style in Uefa Cup.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2161387.0.0.php

how much do u reckon we would make if we actually won it?

200,000 a player seems a bit steep. considering we have a large squad.

It's only 200,000 in total, and that's if we won it, for all the bonuses starting with the CL qualifier last year, they won't get this on the evening of the final, Rangers have a 50,000 bonus cap. Also the whole squad aren't affected as only 18 players are registered for the European games.

how much do u reckon we would make if we actually won it?

200,000 a player seems a bit steep. considering we have a large squad.

It's only 200,000 in total, and that's if we won it, for all the bonuses starting with the CL qualifier last year, they won't get this on the evening of the final, Rangers have a 50,000 bonus cap. Also the whole squad aren't affected as only 18 players are registered for the European games.

There is a lot more than 18 players registered for European games, its around 28!

£200,000 a man is crazy!

They earn enough. Playing for Rangers should be a huge incentive. They shouldn't need extra money to spur them on.

Thats true Muff..but maybe our sheer volume of fixtures is taking its toll and the players need just that wee extra boost.

Most big European clubs do this in cup competitions

At leat I know My £40 ticket (even although I'm a season ticket holder) is going towards already rich footballers and their swimming pools. Happy Days

Thats the way I looked at it as well.

The players should recognise that as we have only won 1 European trophy in our history, for them to go on and win the trophy will mean they will be well looked after for the rest of their lives with all the celebratory dinners, testimonials, anniversary golf days etc.

They will become our life long heroes, like the '72 team are still held in high esteem, and any bonus money for winning the trophy will be long gone in the memory before the actual victory even begins to fade.

This should give them more incentive than any cash prize.

They're getting cash incentives because that's the way we work now. If we didn't have them then Barry Ferguson and co would be on £40k a year.

Most our starters are probably all on £12k + bonuses.