Why did we boo Noel Hunt?

Danny

When he stepped onto the pitch he was not booed straight away. After taking a few steps he crossed himself, thats when I saw the boo's coming.

I hope there is past history that I don't know about but the booing certinarly did begin as he started to cross himself <nooo>

When he stepped onto the pitch he was not booed straight away. After taking a few steps he crossed himself, thats when I saw the boo's coming.

I hope there is past history that I don't know about but the booing certinarly did begin as he started to cross himself

He's also from the Republic of Ireland.

If he's being booed because he's an Irish Catholic, I am really, really disappointed in every 'supporter' who booed him. Just as I am likewise scunnered by those who chose to boo one of our own players.

(never happened in my day)

I hope there is past history that I don't know about but the booing certinarly did begin as  he started to cross himself  <nooo>

If he's being booed because he's an Irish Catholic, I am really, really disappointed in every 'supporter' who booed him. Just as I am likewise scunnered by those who chose to boo one of our own players.

Totally agree

I hope there is past history that I don't know about but the booing certinarly did begin as  he started to cross himself  <nooo>

I hope I'm wrong with it Danny, I've felt our club and fans have improved so much and a player crossing themselves would no longer be treated with boo's.

If anyone knows a different reason for him being booed please state it!

Guest marvsbeliever
He was involved in an incident with Ferguson a few seasons back at East End Park.

Whether some fans boo him for being an Irish Catholic, You'd need to ask them.

I can't remember the exact details of that incident. but yes he was playing for dunfermline/had made it known he was a big tic fan inthe papers/ then I think ferguson and him got into a set too and did ferguson not get sent off?. That's why I've never liked him and would happily boo him (bit childish i know). nothing to do with his religion on my part maybe others are confusing that with the crossing himself and think that's why and that that's why they do it.

He was involved in an incident with Ferguson a few seasons back at East End Park.

I can't remember the exact details of that incident. but yes he was playing for dunfermline/had made it known he was a big tic fan inthe papers/ then I think ferguson and him got into a set too and did ferguson not get sent off?. That's why I've never liked him and would happily boo him (bit childish i know). nothing to do with his religion on my part maybe others are confusing that with the crossing himself and think that's why and that that's why they do it.

Spot on (tu)

nothing wrong with wanting to boo this scumbag. you are right with what you say about the booing starting after that Dunfermline game. the guy is a clown and deserves everything he gets although in some ways its best to ignore these scumbags (especially ones like him who are not very good) as they love the attention. however i am all for giving this one as much abuse as possible.

I think its just down to the fact he has stated how big a Celtic fan he is, which makes him an easy target for our fans. I saw him and Barry having a laugh as the teams came back out so i dont think there is a problem with them.

Its the sort of thing that has happened at Ibrox for as long as i can remember, anyone who was a Celtic fan or had a surname that sounded Catholic was given a bit of a booing when they come on. Im not in anyway condoning it, just stating my opinion as to why it happens.

He is the type of opposition player who courts aggression.

He has made it clear he supports celtic, he hates us, and has been involved in several 'incidents' against us.

He likes to be a figure of haste against us.

The booing today started as soon as he blessed himself when he came onto the pitch. but he would have been booed anyway.

I didnot remember that incident. I believe you all will be correct that he was booed due to his past against Rangers. There would be some people in the stands that might still boo when someone crosses themselves but yeah, most people most likely booed because they plain simple just dislike him. Glad you've all set the record straight :)

I would be interested to know if our jolly little craicster

blesses himself everytime he enters field of play,regardless

where?.

I hope there is past history that I don't know about but the booing certinarly did begin as he started to cross himself <nooo>

The Boos started before this, the boos started when the United player was coming off and Hunt was named as his replacement - that was before he came onto the pitch

hunt has been boo'd since he started his pikey ways at dunfermline. Another of the 'crazy celtic fans' in the premier league

He was involved in an incident with Ferguson a few seasons back at East End Park

Yeah he came on as a sub and went right through Ferguson, Ferguson got him back with a thumping challenge and they squared up. Ever since that day, we have booed him. His actions towards us Rangers fans do not help tho. He is a little w*nker! He has also made it clear on a number of occassions that he is a tim.

I will boo the barsteward till the day I diepartay