Big DJ just said on Clyde2 !

DJ - Talker of neverending tosh.

?2m wouldn't be a disaster if spend wisely, but I'd imagine theres more than that in the kitty.

Yeah we could sign some duds, some o.a.p's and players who havent had a club in 6 months.

Wait isnt this how we got in this situation in the first place???!

If he only has ?2 million, the quality of player (s) (With the exception of Gow as he is out of contract in the summer) will be extremely poor and no better than we already have at the club.

If Walter doesnt get ?4 million and at least ?6 million in the Summer, I will be extremely disappointed.

DJ - Talker of neverending tosh.

?2m wouldn't be a disaster if spend wisely, but I'd imagine theres more than that in the kitty.

Yeah we could sign some duds, some o.a.p's and players who havent had a club in 6 months.

Wait isnt this how we got in this situation in the first place???!

If he only has ?2 million, the quality of player (s) (With the exception of Gow as he is out of contract in the summer) will be extremely poor and no better than we already have at the club.

If Walter doesnt get ?4 million and at least ?6 million in the Summer, I will be extremely disappointed.

Thats what I meant.

I'm sure he'll have a sizeable amount to spend in the summer.

Surely...

I saw in the Evening Times on Wednesday (i think) that said that SDM indicated at the press conference that Walter will have a minimum of ?2million, + whatever he gets from sales etc and that SDM may end up giving him more form his own pocket if required

I'm not sure that's what he said, I believe the 2 million quid refers to the money that PLG didn't spend last summer.

I'm sure you're right so he's presuming that SDM will only give him this and no more.

I think its important to get some young players in, like Gow for next season.

?2 million should enough to look 3 or 4 potentially good players.

With our current squad/team, we should finish 2nd. ?2million is more than every team outside Celtic in Scotland put ogether would spend.

Why would we spend a ton of the budget during this window anyway??? If Walter can bring in one or two more players (i.e CB's) Then that should be enough. This time of the year is only good for teams either making a run (with some money) or teams that are shite and want to rebuild for the next year. I would rather sign an OAP for 6 months and then get rid of him, during that time Walter and the Manangement can put together and list of targets who have been researched. Cause with our budget we cannot go for already established players, we have to be more creative with younger players with potential and scouring the smaller leagues of Scotland, England and Eastern Europe. We already have second place, it is ours to lose now. We should (with one or two load deal) have enough to hang on, then in the summer hope for 5-8 million for some real replacements.

WELL DONE BEARS!!!!

The only people that will know how much money we have to spend is, Murray, Bain, Smith, McCoist and maybe McDowell. The papers and Big DJ wont have a clue.

If he does only have ?2million to spend then that is a f*cken joke.

At the press conference SDM said that the transfer budget for PLG was ?2M, but that he (PLG) hadn't planned to spend any of it doh

He then said that he accepted that Walter would have to be given additional funds, so I think it is reasnable to assume that there is more than 2M available. How much more is what we don't know. Personally, I be surpried if it was more than 3M + anything brought in form transfers.

If only we could re-coup even half the money PLG spent in his tenure at Ibrox <scared> .He didnt use that 2mill cos he knew he couldnt handle the pressure and was ready to go desert walking again.

I reckon the 2mill plus if Walter moves a few players on then all that is to be used simply as a war chest<crweee> to salvage summit this year and europe is our only shot at glory. (spl)

Murrays GOT to give Walter a real good budget for the summer cos this team needs gutted bar a few players.It was great to see the scots lads doin the business yesterday,at least they know what it means to play for rangers,not that ppl like novo and prso dont but PLG's signings just aint cuttin it in the SPL,maybe Clement will stay but i reckon the rest are already on the phopne to the agents.More money for us to spend on decent players,a perfect blend of youth and experience but one thing is for sure,we,the fans are EXPECTING at least one major signing in the summer,even now so he could settle in properly.

If we all think about it,Murray gave advocaat millions to spend(approx 80mill?)but why didnt he just offer Walter that amount to spend on the transfer market and we would never have had to go through 3 managers since he left cos he wouldnt have left had it not been for the fact Murray had stopped backing him in the transfer market. :angry:

Think the summer is more important at this point. We should have enough quality to comfortably finish second esp. now that Webster has been 'officially' cleared. He should be back by e/feb or so?

Think the summer is more important at this point. We should have enough quality to comfortably finish second esp. now that Webster has been 'officially' cleared. He should be back by e/feb or so?

Since when has Webster been "quality"? He wouldn't have got a look-in 3 years ago and he shouldn't get a look-in now IMO.

Webster has NOT been officially cleared as far as I know and we are yet to see if we can put two or three good results together. I do believe we WILL win 2nd place but its not guaranteed. Some good players in the next two weeks is a must.

DM will splash cash if necessary.

This next two weeks will be interesting indeed.

<_<