RST info...

Bazza

Supporters Trust says fare thee well to three Board members

By RST

Monday, 19th May 2008

The Trust has issued a short statement as three members leave the Board.

Article continues below

"The Trust regrets to announce that our Chairman Malcolm McNiven, Vice-Chairman Scott McMillan and Webmaster Stewart Franklin have tendered their resignations. The Board will consider the resignations at our next Board meeting with a view to electing their successors. The appointment of the new office holders will be put to our members for ratification at the forthcoming AGM. The Board would like to take this opportunity to thank Malcolm, Scott and Stewart for their dedication, incredible hard work and achievements during their time on the Board."

Not sure if this has been posted but...

Was wondering why we hadn't seen or heard much from the Trust since Manchester but just came across this.

Can I take the opportunity to say thanks to Frankie for keeping us informed of everything going on within the trust and wish him all the best for the future.

I wouldn't have been a member, and I'm sure a lot more are in the same boat, had we not had contact through the forum here, and Frankie in particular.

All the best m8.

:rangers:

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been some kind of internal argument within the Trust board? This is definitely a big loss to the Trust as all three individuals worked incredibly hard for the membership and the Rangers support as a whole.

Would really like to hear from either Frankie or another Trust board member as to what happened.

Has there been some kind of internal argument within the Trust board? This is definitely a big loss to the Trust as all three individuals worked incredibly hard for the membership and the Rangers support as a whole.

Would really like to hear from either Frankie or another Trust board member as to what happened.

Yeah, would be nice to know as they were all important members of the trust. :(

Forgive me for being dim, but I take it Stewart Franklin = Frankie?

I have only recently joined the RST, and am pretty much unaware of the internal politics, but there are often things alluded to that suggests all is not well internally. To my knowledge, the RST do good work, and try to be the voice of the fans. I wish Frankie all the best, and hope there is nothing too serious going on at the Trust which has led to these resignations.

Interesting, and I sincerely hope Frankie stays on the forum albeit if he needs to drop the RST sig.

I doubt that he will leave the Trust completely Boab. He is still a member, and might be a lifetime member like myself and others on here.

Would really like for him to come on and clear things up though.

Strange.

Frankie was as passionate as anyone when it came to the RST.

Hope he stays in touch with RM to continue discussing Rangers.

Interestingly Malcolm McNiven I believe was the RST's candidate for supporters representation on the board.

Strange.

Interestingly Malcolm McNiven I believe was the RST's candidate for supporters representation on the board.

That is what makes it seem very much like an internal strife. I don't believe that Frankie will leave the Trust completely though as he is forever telling people that if you don't agree with the Trust policies then join and change them.

Strange.

That is what makes it seem very much like an internal strife. I don't believe that Frankie will leave the Trust completely though as he is forever telling people that if you don't agree with the Trust policies then join and change them.

There was an unusual thread about the RST on FF the other day.

Never took much notice but there must be something that we aren't being told about.

Well done for all your hard work Frankie, as Bazza says alot of people myself included would never have heard of the RST were it not for your posts on RM.

Also lets not all jump to conclusions until Frankie is back on and has a say.

This wasn't taken from the RST site, or if it was I certainly can't find it.

I sent Bazza a PM but he's offline, anyone know where this information comes from?

This wasn't taken from the RST site, or if it was I certainly can't find it.

I sent Bazza a PM but he's offline, anyone know where this information comes from?

The FF main site.

I typed the story in full in google and thats what came up.

As dado says let wait til we get the full story before jumping to conclusions. I would also never have joined the RST hadnt it been for Frankie. I wish all the people who have resigned the very best for the future and hope the rst continues to grow in the correct manner for the fans.

Got it Bazza (tu)

Frankie is on holiday according to FF.

Strange.. he was off holidaying about a month back too ;-)

Seriously... the way the RST is run it really would not surprise me if there has been a bust up.