A great picture....

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

massive turnout....lol!

nobody cares about this stuff anymore...half the crowd is police and stewards! Waste of time.

I'm sure you'd like it more if it was The Wolfe Tones.

Nope, I'm disgusted by Republican marches. My point is that the pathetic size of the crowds who come out to watch these marches in Scotland, be it Republican or Loyalist (and those who do come out to watch tend to be the dregs of society) just shows how irrelevant all this nonsense is becoming. In 20 years time I reckon all these marches in Scotland will be a thing of the past as 99% of Scotland does not care about them and each year the numbers who do care get less and less.

You would get a bigger crowd at a Milli Vanilli reunion than you would at that march in the photo!

massive turnout....lol!

nobody cares about this stuff anymore...half the crowd is police and stewards! Waste of time.

I'm sure you'd like it more if it was The Wolfe Tones.

Nope, I'm disgusted by Republican marches. My point is that the pathetic size of the crowds who come out to watch these marches in Scotland, be it Republican or Loyalist (and those who do come out to watch tend to be the dregs of society) just shows how irrelevant all this nonsense is becoming. In 20 years time I reckon all these marches in Scotland will be a thing of the past as 99% of Scotland does not care about them and each year the numbers who do care get less and less.

You would get a bigger crowd at a Milli Vanilli reunion than you would at that march in the photo!

what a fantastic site batman the parade should have headed straight into the stadium.

Usual muck raking shit by the dinasors (spelling) within the support. WTF has this got to do with football or Rangers other that some wishful thinking by a handful of stuck in the past regressionists. Time to move on lads, realise that the club is dissassociated from this nonsence and get on with what it should be all about - FOOTBALL!

Usual muck raking shit by the dinasors (spelling) within the support. WTF has this got to do with football or Rangers other that some wishful thinking by a handful of stuck in the past regressionists. Time to move on lads, realise that the club is dissassociated from this nonsence and get on with what it should be all about - FOOTBALL!

:rolleyes: Yet another who completely disrespects fellow bears opinions and beliefs

I checked your sig, and, fortunately, you dont have "more than just a club" under it, thankfully. Are you another who does not believe this?

Also, you (and others) talk about moving on, and, dismiss peoples beliefs as nonsence (or as google says, Did you mean: nonsense ?). What makes beliefs and opinions that differ from yours so unimportant? Thats the biggest thing about comments like yours, virtually every one of batmans posts, they are all the same thing. Lecturing and attempting to belittle those whose opinions are different, with inflammatory and abusive posts like this. Its ridiculous!

:rolleyes: Yet another who completely disrespects fellow bears opinions and beliefs

I checked your sig, and, fortunately, you dont have "more than just a club" under it, thankfully. Are you another who does not believe this?

Also, you (and others) talk about moving on, and, dismiss peoples beliefs as nonsence (or as google says, Did you mean: nonsense ?). What makes beliefs and opinions that differ from yours so unimportant? Thats the biggest thing about comments like yours, virtually every one of batmans posts, they are all the same thing. Lecturing and attempting to belittle those whose opinions are different, with inflammatory and abusive posts like this. Its ridiculous!

1. I'll add 'more than a club to my sig' - your right its a community of great people who put the traditions of sportsmanship, competitivness and history first. What it is not is a political party or religious sect.

2. I respect your beliefs, or at least people who actually hold beliefs, but dont see why you associate them or try to associate them with Rangers. Rangers is a football club - take away the football and you have NOTHING, take away the other religious or political associations and you still have the greatest football club in the world!

3. Love the lecture on lecturing by someone who is lecturing! Love the attempt to tell me I am belittling while the original post starts by belittling people. Pot Kettle and Black methinks!

1. I'll add 'more than a club to my sig' - your right its a community of great people who put the traditions of sportsmanship, competitivness and history first. What it is not is a political party or religious sect.

2. I respect your beliefs, or at least people who actually hold beliefs, but dont see why you associate them or try to associate them with Rangers. Rangers is a football club - take away the football and you have NOTHING, take away the other religious or political associations and you still have the greatest football club in the world!

3. Love the lecture on lecturing by someone who is lecturing! Love the attempt to tell me I am belittling while the original post starts by belittling people. Pot Kettle and Black methinks!

you will never remove us no surrender.

A man not afraid to speak his mind - refreshing to see on this board mate. The only future for Rangers is as you have pointed out in your post - we will not long be associated with this type of stuff (any more) and not a moment too soon either. To be proud of Rangers success and the football they play on the road to that success is my concern. We are the people. :clap:(tu)

Can you passionately support Rangers without having to 'buy into' a weird obsession with Irish political history? I'm sorry but I just can't force myself to care about what happened across the water all those years ago while right now my country and SPL football is a stultifying crippled mediocrity, immobilised by the fear of being different or shaking up the accepted old ways. I want things to be better. What the f*k is wrong with that?

1 - However, it has a long association with both values, which is also held close and dear to a number of the support, this fact is an intrinsical part of the history of the club (as you made mention of above, highlighted) and that should not be dismissed

2 - I will attempt to ignore the implication that I have no beliefs, since you do not know what mine are, and, answer! You are missing the point. Forgenerations, beliefs, religious, political, or other, have played a significant part in the lives of the Rangers support, and the club itself. Some aspects of this may not sit well with others, it may not be "PC", but, it does not make it any less valid. I am not trying to associate anything with Rangers, thats presumption. The thing is, it IS associated with Rangers, fact! The reason being, it is not the clubs beliefs, its the supporters beliefs, therefore are you advocating that anyone with protestant or unionist beliefs, or in fact, any beliefs or values different from you own should not be a Rangers fan? Because, all those who advocate the "just a club" attitude are promoting that opinion, which, is highly offensive to a lot of people, and, to continue your analagy above, take the support away from the club, then you have nothing!

3 - Lecturing? It was, in all honesty, a poorly worded question, in fact, number of questions. Unlike some others, you actually answered some, so (tu) thanks. Where did I belittle someone? my first line was

" :rolleyes: Yet another who completely disrespects fellow bears opinions and beliefs"

So, thats not belittling, thats stating an opinion on a fact, and, in all fairness, something that you shouldnt feel good about.