Alan Gow

NathanRfc

only problem I have with Lafferty coming is where does that leave naismith a guy who has proven talent not potential, and thats what we're buying potential in Lafferty

Naismith is average at best pish at worst who are you kidding.

Pretty much summed up Lafferty there.

only problem I have with Lafferty coming is where does that leave naismith a guy who has proven talent not potential, and thats what we're buying potential in Lafferty

First you think Thomson is pish and now Naismith, the one time Players Young Player of the year and so far ruined by Walter Smith, is pish doh F*ck me!

First you think Thomson is pish and now Naismith, the one time Players Young Player of the year and so far ruined by Walter Smith, is pish doh F*ck me!

:craphead:

pure and simple, gow is shit, he dont get picked for a reason, he canna play at this level, if he could he would have played last season with all the pile up carry on, he doin summit wrong, get gow out and get david healy

Its not a big deal if the signing fails to go through. As stated above its potential we are buying not a finished article. Makes you wonder then why not just play some of our own 20 year olds and use the money on some quality.

Far too sensible, there is no fun in that.

Alan Gow was in Burnley yesterday for talks with chairman Barry Kilby.

'Alan is very keen. He went to Rangers but has been on the sidelines and is anxious at this stage of his career to get out on the pitch.'said Kilby

He then added that talks were very much still in progress and further developments could be expected today.

Alan Gow is quoted as saying: 'I'm still thinking about things,'

So the talks appear to have stalled rather than failed completely but if Gow cant be tempted by the offer, the whole Lafferty deal is in jeopardy and we could be back to square one.

This could then bring in further improved offers from the likes of Celtic, Wolves and Ipswich, so we might still find out who Ipswich were willing to offer as part of the player plus cash deal.

http://www.burnley.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=112876

Its not a big deal if the signing fails to go through. As stated above its potential we are buying not a finished article. Makes you wonder then why not just play some of our own 20 year olds and use the money on some quality.

Gow is the victim of a horrendous career choice! Surely Wally must have promised him a fair crack at the whip when he joined? He really has just wasted a year of his career!

Alan Gow will be consigned to the 'example bucket' of what happens when you join the old firm, alongside Riordan, Murray, etc. Surely signing these lads and not playing them is detrimental to signing other young scots from provincial clubs?

For what it's worth, I agree with the guy that said he'd rather give young gers with potential a shot instead of signing this Laugherty mincer! FFS surely Stevie Lennon or Rory Loy could rattle in more than 6 goals in a championship season!

Pish Wally....get it sorted! The more boys that come through the youths the better for the club! Pride!

Why should Gow, a model professional, who hasn't be given a fair chance be forced out of the door to bring in Lafferty for a wee bit less money?

Maybe because his performances, effort and attitude in the reserves were rotten?

It does seem that he hasn't made the grade in training or reserves as he wasn't given a sniff at the 1st team all season. I didn't see any reserve football last season to comment on his performances but the coaching staff must have seen enough (or as the case may be, didn't see enough) to make a decision that he should move on.

Gow is the victim of a horrendous career choice! Surely Wally must have promised him a fair crack at the whip when he joined? He really has just wasted a year of his career!

Alan Gow will be consigned to the 'example bucket' of what happens when you join the old firm, alongside Riordan, Murray, etc. Surely signing these lads and not playing them is detrimental to signing other young scots from provincial clubs?

For what it's worth, I agree with the guy that said he'd rather give young gers with potential a shot instead of signing this Laugherty mincer! FFS surely Stevie Lennon or Rory Loy could rattle in more than 6 goals in a championship season!

Pish Wally....get it sorted! The more boys that come through the youths the better for the club! Pride!

and if he doesnt go to Burnley & noone else comes in for him, he'll be wasted for the remaining years on his contract, Walter wont play him, proven nearing the end of the season when things were fucked up, I think he's holding out to see if any SPL teams come in for him tbh.

pure and simple, gow is shit, he dont get picked for a reason, he canna play at this level, if he could he would have played last season with all the pile up carry on, he doin summit wrong, get gow out and get david healy

Disagree about Gow, but agree that Healy would be a good grab.

Burnley’s move to sign Rangers midfielder Alan Gow is reported to have alerted Town and Preston to the former Falkirk man’s availability. Gow’s switch to Turf Moor is part of the deal taking another Town target, Kyle Lafferty, in the opposite direction.

Earlier today, Burnley chairman Barry Kilby revealed that the Blues had made a cash-plus-player offer for Lafferty, but had bid less than Rangers for the Northern Irish international, who had offered Gow plus £3 million.

However, Scotland B international Gow is now claimed to have turned down the move to the Clarets, although Burnley talks with the Scotland B international will continue today.

Preston and Town are said to be interested in the 25-year-old, who has failed to make in impact at Ibrox since his move from Falkirk last summer, having made only two appearances.

The Glaswegian was a player interesting Jim Magilton in January and was previously mentioned in connection with the Blues back in 2005 while an Airdrie player, and again late in 2006 when with Falkirk.

If Gow does fail to agree terms with Burnley it looks unlikely to increase Town’s chances of signing Lafferty, who has already undergone a medical with Rangers, with the SPL side appearing determined to land the 20-year-old. However, a Town move for attacking midfielder Gow would not be a surprise, given his availability, the Blues’ previous interest and Town having greater financial resources than the Clarets or Preston.

Kyle Lafferty's transfer to Rangers moved a step closer as Alan Gow's agent confirmed the Scotland B forward is inching towards signing for Burnley.

A fee of £3.25million has been agreed, which includes £250,000 to be paid once Lafferty has established himself at Ibrox.

Burnley will also collect 10% of any future profit if Rangers sell Lafferty - but Gow holds the key to the transfer being completed.

The 25-year-old has been offered as part of the deal and continues to hold talks with the Coca-Cola Championship side.

He made just two appearances during his debut season at Ibrox, in cup games against East Fife and East Stirling, and his agent is hopeful a move to Turf Moor can be agreed within the next 24 hours.

"We are still in talks at the moment and nothing has been agreed yet," said Phil McTaggart.

"Hopefully something will be sorted sooner rather than later for everyone involved."

A move south of the border would allow Gow to renew his acquaintance with former Airdrie team-mate Owen Coyle, now manager at Burnley.

It would also provide the opportunity to resurrect his career following successful spells at New Broomfield and Falkirk before his move to Rangers last summer.

But McTaggart warned that Gow must be happy with the personal terms on offer before he will be willing to sign.

He added: "If everything goes right, then Burnley is a great opportunity and Alan knows that.

"It's a good club, with a great manager who knows him inside out, and it could be ideal.

"But the personal terms have to be right."

There's two threads on him, even though I've put this in the other one, I'm putting it in here too:

I actually think that people that need to get a grip for having a go at Gow for what might seem as if he's stalling.

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and see it?

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and meet the Chairman and the Manager?

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and actually discuss wages?

Should he not be allowed to go discuss this move with friends and family and friends?

I actually think you are the one that needs to get a grip and others having a go at Gow for what might seem as if he's stalling.

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and see it?

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and meet the Chairman and the Manager?

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and actually discuss wages?

Should he not be allowed to go discuss this move with friends and family and friends?

It seems to me that because Lafferty has agreed, actually us doing a deal quickly for a change, Gow should roll over according to some and accept a fiver a week.

Never mind the rest of the issues among Gow's career right now and the past or if he's good or not, a lot of people are being very unfair IMO.

He hasn't said no - the Rangers site said '

Discussions between Alan Gow and Burnley are ongoing.
http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1330134,00.html

There's f*ck all wrong with that...as I've said.

Discussions between Alan Gow and Burnley are ongoing.
http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1330134,00.html

There's f*ck all wrong with that...as I've said.

Gows free to do whatever he wants, if he feels he can stay and make something at Rangers then fair enough to him. If Rangers didnt think he would make it, why offer him a 3 year contract? why offer him a contract in the first place..Rangers cant force him out the door, hes free to do whatever he likes.

Believe it or not, Gows going nowhere (tu)

Gow will not sign for burnley.

Why should Gow, a model professional, who hasn't be given a fair chance be forced out of the door to bring in Lafferty for a wee bit less money?

Maybe because his performances, effort and attitude in the reserves were rotten?

That sounds like probably the only realistic answer to Gow not getting a game. :unsure:

When we signed Gow, he was scotlands next big thing. A few people came to the papers saying, Gow would do this, he would do that!

Gow, never got the chance.

Lafferty, will get a chance. Hes a big money signing, imo he will not make a bigger impact than Gow would in a game. English prices is all it is. Even if lafferty is crap, Walter will not want to be proved wrong and keep playing him.

Gow was potential, Lafferty is potential.

Gow has shown it in the spl. Lafferty hasnt proved it in the Championship.

Gow, never begged Rangers to sign him. Lafferty was a cocky wee cunt who ran to the papers saying he was a diehard Rangers fan, yet when Celtic came calling he was going their.

How can Gow not perform at this level?

Had all the other teams in the SPL somehow gotten magically better over the summer when Gow left Falkirk (after impressing) to join Rangers?

You don't sign a flair player who thrives on confidence to sit him in the reserves and expect him to give the best football of his career.

Gows free to do whatever he wants, if he feels he can stay and make something at Rangers then fair enough to him. If Rangers didnt think he would make it, why offer him a 3 year contract? why offer him a contract in the first place..Rangers cant force him out the door, hes free to do whatever he likes.

Believe it or not, Gows going nowhere (tu)

Gow will not sign for burnley.

if we thought he could make it, he would have been playing for us doh

he doesnt have to go anywhere, he can rot away in the reserves, totally up to him.

Gow is one those players, like Alan Johnston, who has a bit of flair, but lacks pace to play wide, isn't really physical or sharp enough to play up front and can't tackle well enough to be a central midfielder. Those sorts of players can sometimes do quite well in small teams, but are not really good enough to make the step up.

I can't see any similarity with Lafferty, who is a 20 year old 6'4" striker who may (or may not) develop into a quality front man as he has some pace. I'm happy enough with this transfer, assuming it goes through.