Stevie Smith out of pre-season tour

Boab

New Blow For Smith

by Lindsay Herron

RANGERS were dealt another injury blow today with it was revealed that Stevie Smith is out of the pre-season trip to Holland and Germany.

Smith, who was out for over a year with groin and pelvic problems from December 2006, is suffering from an ankle injury.

However, the good news is that it is not serious and although he will miss the pre-season trip he should be fit to rejoin the squad when they return.

The 22-year-old left back knew that this season was going to be a huge one for him trying to win back the slot from Sasa Papac, who had an excellent 2007/08 season.

So he was desperate to be part of the pre-season tour where he hoped to show Walter Smith that he was ready to stake his claim.

Assistant boss Ally McCoist told rangers.co.uk: "I'm gutted for Stevie but the good news is that the injury is not serious.

"He took a bang on the ankle in training and it means he will miss the trip to Holland and Germany.

"However, he has done the vast majority of the pre-season work which will stand him in good stead and the physios think he will only be out for a week or so."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1341974,00.html

He's only out for a week, it's nothing serious.

Im surprised that the offical site broke this story. The last thing the fans needed was more injury news, this is only going to cause needless knee jerks reaction.

An absolute non story that could have been casually filtered through the media.

Bu bye Smith

Pack your bags and find a new club

Knee jerk and unexpected from you.

Next story to break will be

Webster injured in training

is webster fit and ready to play???something is telling me he isnt ready yet

i really jus wish him well. he is the most natural left back weve had at the club since numan,

would love him to push himself back to his old self.

remeber before his injury he was the strong wingback out of him and hutton,

look where alan is now and look were he came from with his broken leg.