Mika Vayrynen

dazzareyes

Mika Vayrynen will make a decision on his future next week after PSV Eindhoven told him he could leave the club.

Walter Smith is anxious to strengthen in central midfield with Barry Ferguson a long-term injury concern while Steven Davis has returned to Fulham after being priced out of a move to Ibrox.

The Rangers manager had the Finland international midfielder watched last season, but Vayrynen admits he has a number of offers and wants time before making a decision on his next move.

advertisement

"There is interest from several clubs, but I would like to have one or two weeks training behind me and I will see how it goes," said the 26-year-old.

"If I have no prospect of playing by the start of August then I will have to look at a move. Club Bruges in Belgium have shown an interest. It may be an option."

The 24-times capped midfielder has made only 29 starts for PSV in three years since signing from Dutch rivals Heerenveen.

However, the playmaker wants one last chance to show new PSV head coach Huub Stevens what he can do before deciding whether to quit the club.

He added: "The head coach has indicated this season will be very difficult for me. Stevens has been very clear. I would not like another season playing for the PSV reserves."

Vayrynen is available for £1m because his contract has only 12 months left to run.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/football/...V_Eindhoven.php

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic