Mika Vayrynen

dazzareyes

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well in my transfer rumours thread it has a sourced rumour we were watchin £8m rated Bafetimbi Gomis of St. Ettienne so we do have money to spend if we are looking at players like that.

well in my transfer rumours thread it has a sourced rumour we were watchin £8m rated Bafetimbi Gomis of St. Ettienne so we do have money to spend if we are looking at players like that.

That rumour was floating about months and months ago, before we spent 7 mil on strikers.

We should just go out now and get Davis,this Finish lad,Lovenkrands and Loovens.

Pay the money and build a team otherwise we won't make the champions league cos of our penny pinchin or cos we bring in more shite like Broadfoot,McCulloch and Miller.

I know using youtube videos isnt a great way to know how someone can play but these are the ones i could find

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMizfq5zVcE...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oddTz84uIjU...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JiwQVtza4s...feature=related

The first two are highlights of his performance for PSV against Galatasaray and the second is Finland - Poland

He does look like a technically gifted player and he can tackle aswell

I found those videos very misleading!

He has definitely got some ability on the ball and can pass it but he never tracks back....

If you played Thomson, Ferguson and Mika in a midfeild 3 i think it could work well but he wouldnt defend.

And it says "powerful six footer" they must be getting confused hes far from powerful!

Btw he is both footed.

I found those videos very misleading!He has definitely got some ability on the ball and can pass it but he never tracks back....If you played Thomson, Ferguson and Mika in a midfeild 3 i think it could work well but he wouldnt defend.And it says "powerful six footer" they must be getting confused hes far from powerful!Btw he is both footed.

But surely it's a midfielder who does his best work in the final third that we are looking for?

I found those videos very misleading!He has definitely got some ability on the ball and can pass it but he never tracks back....If you played Thomson, Ferguson and Mika in a midfeild 3 i think it could work well but he wouldnt defend.And it says "powerful six footer" they must be getting confused hes far from powerful!Btw he is both footed.

But surely it's a midfielder who does his best work in the final third that we are looking for?

My opinion is wouldn't be in this mess if we'd had cover for barry in the first place in the form of hungry young starlets from the Murray Park youth system that is what it was built for is it not my policy is give youth a Fukin chance for once instead of wasting money taking new crap midfielders like amdy fae on loan, canna beleive he was allowed to sit in the "barry position" in our midfield one game last season what did watty expect a miracle. Time to give dean furman the creative CM role and stick fleck on the wing canna be any worse than chris burke who showed so much promise and has been injured more times than I can remember.

Steve davis would be most useful if watty ever gets his finger out his arse and actually signs him flippin greedy fulham where has all that money from the alan hutton transfer gone not to mention the CL/Uefa Cup stop penny pinching buy him he's worth 4 mil if kyle lafferty is worth 3 mil whom i see as probably a player for the near future once he gets some games. Could afford stevie if watty hadn't bought kenny miller first whom is not worth 2 mil try 500K-1 mil at best judgement is still out on him only time will tell canna beleive he was our first and I use this term extremely loosely 'high profile signing'. :rangers:

Put it this way, hes a Finnish Buffel and we all know what Smith thought of him!!

in todays evening times

Rangers have been given a boost in their attempt to sign mika vayrynen after he has been transfer listed and is available for only £700,000. he is being watched by a belgian club aswell as us

RANGERS' pursuit of midfield reinforcements received a boost today as PSV Eindhoven revealed Mika Vayrynen is up for sale.

The 26-year-old Finnish international has moved on to Walter Smith's signing radar following the long-term injury to captain Barry Ferguson.

The Ibrox manager was linked to the playmaker just over a year ago and has made tentative enquires regarding his availability - and he has been encouraged with news the Dutch side are prepared to offload the player.

advertisement

Vayrynen has only a year left on his current contract to run and PSV are thought to be ready to sell him if a £750,000 bid is tabled - which is well within Rangers' transfer budget.

PSV spokesman Pedro Salazar said: "He only has a contract for another year and we don't want him to leave for free. So if he wants to go, we will be sympathetic."

The player's agent, Alex Kroes, added: "I haven't heard from Rangers so far, but a club in Belgium are interested. Rangers would be a very nice club for Mika, so let's hope they will come to do something."

Meanwhile, Carlos Cuellar claimed both the Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year gongs at the club's annual awards ceremony.

And the Spaniard has handed Smith a massive boost ahead of next week's probable Champions League qualifier with Kaunas by shaking off a calf injury to return to training.

Cuellar is unlikely to be involved in tonight's friendly at Clyde, but a run-out at Raith Rovers on Saturday has been pencilled in for his return.

The former Osasuna man had already been named as the top performer in Scotland by SPL sponsors Clydesdale Bank and the Scottish Football Writers' Association.

And now his Ibrox domestic double - secured by the votes of his team-mates and thousands of fans from around the world - has left Cuellar delighted.

The 26 year-old said: "To be voted for by the Rangers fans is special."

The Young Player of the Year gong was scooped by 16-year-old John Fleck after the talented teenager played a key role in another double for Billy Kirkwood's youth team, while also making a Scottish Cup Final appearance in the 3-2 victory over Queen of the South.

At the opposite end of the age spectrum in Smith's squad was the winner of the John Greig Achievement Award, Davie Weir. The 38-year-old managed over 60 games last season.

Steven Whittaker collected the Carling Fans' Goal of the Season award for his solo strike against Sporting Lisbon in the Uefa Cup quarter-final in Portugal.

Gers spy Ewan Chester will take in the Champions League first qualifying round second leg clash between Kaunas and Santa Coloma tonight, with the Lithuanians holding a 4-1 lead.

Smith will field a mix and match side against Morton at Murray Park this afternoon as he bids to get maximum game time for everyone in his squad, with a strong team then heading to Broadwood this evening.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...up_for_sale.php

RANGERS' pursuit of midfield reinforcements received a boost today as PSV Eindhoven revealed Mika Vayrynen is up for sale.

The 26-year-old Finnish international has moved on to Walter Smith's signing radar following the long-term injury to captain Barry Ferguson.

The Ibrox manager was linked to the playmaker just over a year ago and has made tentative enquires regarding his availability - and he has been encouraged with news the Dutch side are prepared to offload the player.

advertisement

Vayrynen has only a year left on his current contract to run and PSV are thought to be ready to sell him if a £750,000 bid is tabled - which is well within Rangers' transfer budget.

PSV spokesman Pedro Salazar said: "He only has a contract for another year and we don't want him to leave for free. So if he wants to go, we will be sympathetic."

The player's agent, Alex Kroes, added: "I haven't heard from Rangers so far, but a club in Belgium are interested. Rangers would be a very nice club for Mika, so let's hope they will come to do something."

Meanwhile, Carlos Cuellar claimed both the Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year gongs at the club's annual awards ceremony.

And the Spaniard has handed Smith a massive boost ahead of next week's probable Champions League qualifier with Kaunas by shaking off a calf injury to return to training.

Cuellar is unlikely to be involved in tonight's friendly at Clyde, but a run-out at Raith Rovers on Saturday has been pencilled in for his return.

The former Osasuna man had already been named as the top performer in Scotland by SPL sponsors Clydesdale Bank and the Scottish Football Writers' Association.

And now his Ibrox domestic double - secured by the votes of his team-mates and thousands of fans from around the world - has left Cuellar delighted.

The 26 year-old said: "To be voted for by the Rangers fans is special."

The Young Player of the Year gong was scooped by 16-year-old John Fleck after the talented teenager played a key role in another double for Billy Kirkwood's youth team, while also making a Scottish Cup Final appearance in the 3-2 victory over Queen of the South.

At the opposite end of the age spectrum in Smith's squad was the winner of the John Greig Achievement Award, Davie Weir. The 38-year-old managed over 60 games last season.

Steven Whittaker collected the Carling Fans' Goal of the Season award for his solo strike against Sporting Lisbon in the Uefa Cup quarter-final in Portugal.

Gers spy Ewan Chester will take in the Champions League first qualifying round second leg clash between Kaunas and Santa Coloma tonight, with the Lithuanians holding a 4-1 lead.

Smith will field a mix and match side against Morton at Murray Park this afternoon as he bids to get maximum game time for everyone in his squad, with a strong team then heading to Broadwood this evening.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...up_for_sale.php

yeah this one is gathering momentum ....doesn't exactly fill you with excitement does it :unsure:

I would like to see Steve Davies a tried and proven player for Rangers sign for us, but Walter thinks he is over priced. So this would be Walters way of thinking Davies 4mill =Loovens 2.5mill + Vayrynen 750,000 = two players for the price of one .WTF

I would like to see Steve Davies a tried and proven player for Rangers sign for us, but Walter thinks he is over priced. So this would be Walters way of thinking Davies 4mill =Loovens 2.5mill + Vayrynen 750,000 = two players for the price of one .WTF

yeah I think this will be on our strips soon

tesco-every-little-helps-lo_small.jpg

I have been critical of Vayrnen but to be honest if we can get him for 700k that is a bargain!

We wouldnt lose any money on him even if he came here and didnt do that great...

sign him up Smith!!

700,000 is a bargain for a player who has great international experience aswell as Champions League

We could do a lot worse and personally i think he would improve our midfield

He has had a rough time with injuries but I would sign him

this would be a great addition to our squad davis aint worth 4 million he dissapeard when the chips were down remember that people mind you smith playing him out of position doesnt help either

he will probz shove vayrynen at rb or something !

we are the people !