*** Official Rangers vs Liverpool Thread ***

nvager

Walter needs the money for more players, SDM better get the fucking money out because Rangers fans wont put up with this next season.

Walter should get no more money

He's wasted £9 million already and he still thinks our midfield is good enough

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

disappointing but Im not completely gutted, is a friendly and we did make alot of changes during the second half, which we dont normally do.

Are you on the wind up?

For the last 30 minutes Liverpool played "Keep away" and we were chasing shadows.

We were murder from start to finish

There is a lot of work to be done that is for sure!

We'll be whipping boys if we make the CL group stages going by this result today!

what was he thinking playing whittaker in right back

whittaker is a right back and he was a f*cking good one at hibs - fuck knows why he is playing pish

hes better as a right mid christ liverpools 3rd goal could have been prevented if he wasnt such a lazy bastard at the back then he tries to do a step over and loses the ball in his own half

It'll take more than Cuellar or ferguson coming back to sort that team out!

Weir, Broadfoot, Adam, Dailly, McCulloch can all get out the team they are no good to us!

I don't think so. Cuellar will shore up the defence and getting their captain back is always a boost.

Aye so it will Weir is passed it, Broadfoot is absolutely dire and should never get a game, Whittaker has only played 2 games at RB. Smith refuses to play Webster in friendlies when he needs match fitness.

Papac and Cuellar are the only decent 2!

Whittaker Bougherra Cuellar Papac.

The players you mentioned are not there. If they remain fit during the season we should be fine for defensive options.

We are SO slow in thought and in foot speed.

No midfield at all. No width or movement.

Agree with Mad Cow: Cuellar and Papac are the only decent players, but Lafferty shows something, Novo has pace too, but lacks quality and the rest are just not good enough.

DB is also right - 9m spent and no midfield!! Crazy!!

Going to be a piss season from what I can see.

Walter needs the money for more players, SDM better get the fucking money out because Rangers fans wont put up with this next season.

The SPL hasn't even started FFS. How do you know that he has wasted it? We will see in the months to come but it is far too early to decide. The players need a chance. If he thinks the midfield is good enough, then why have we been looking for players there all summer?

disappointing but Im not completely gutted, is a friendly and we did make alot of changes during the second half, which we dont normally do.

Are you on the wind up?

For the last 30 minutes Liverpool played "Keep away" and we were chasing shadows.

We were murder from start to finish

no im not on the wind up, just not a game Im going to cry about, did I say thats the reason we lost and if we didnt make changes we wouldnt have lost or something? I was simply pointing it out, sais that Walter and co. werent ever going to take the game seriously and it wasnt.

You have to love the knee jerk reactions.

Let's bin half a dozen players and sack the entire coaching staff? Yeh! Great idea!

Walter is the manager and the players we have, barring maybe one or two extra, are the guys that will be representing us this season. We can either get behind them, support them and try to boost their confidence or we can continue with the wrist slashing, going into every single game looking forward to a wee moan and maybe a boo or two.

I would go for the first option. Support them because they need us.

Knee jerk reactions?

You been living under a stone for the last year? The football has got worse and worse and for every signing we make our team gets weaker

I'm well aware of our weakness and failing to strengthen in certain areas but I don't see the point of continual negativity about the team. If we go into games with a negative attitude, we should expect utter failure. If we go in full of support with the intention of helping the team and boosting their confidence, it can make a massive difference.

If this is the squad we have for the coming season then this is the squad we support.

The SPL hasn't even started FFS. How do you know that he has wasted it? We will see in the months to come but it is far too early to decide. The players need a chance. If he thinks the midfield is good enough, then why have we been looking for players there all summer?

FFS take the blinkers off, if we can't beat kaunas, then we deserve fuck all :angry2:

FFS take the blinkers off, if we can't beat kaunas, then we deserve fuck all :angry2:

We still have a second leg (tu)

That's a big IF considering there's 90 minutes of the tie left. No doubt if we beat them four nil it will be smiles all round and maybe Walter won't be such a bad chap after all?

There's no point in being worked up about something before it even happens.

Ferguson is as good as finished and what was he meant to do?

It doesn't take Ferguson or Cuellar to win games, football is a team game and if we are a one or two man then that is ridiculous. On a whole we are just not good enough!

Ferguson is the captain and he is the idol to many of the younger Scottish players. Cuellar is our best player. Are you saying that we wouldn't be doing better if we had those two players available? Imagine Liverpool without Gerrard or Torres, Man Utd without Ronaldo and Rooney. Every team needs their best players playing at their peak to challenge teams above them. We don't have that and we are being outclassed.

It doesn't take Ferguson or Cuellar to win games but it would definitely help. We are not good enough to challenge Liverpool but thankfully, they are not going to be in the SPL.

Look Ferguson or Cuellar aren't gonna help all that much are they if we continue to play the likes of Weir, Adam, Dailly, Broadfoot and McCulloch. Ferguson over the last few season has become injury prone and if we are relying on him well we are most definitely fucked and I'm not caring if he's your idol, he's not mine and he deserve critism as much any others do. What I'm saying he's not as good as he used to be. Cuellar no one is disputing how good he is, but his replacements are fucking dire!

Liverpool or Man Utd have won games without their top players in the ELP and in Europe. What I am getting at we are not good enough and even without those 2 players we should still be able to put up some fight, effort, spirit, passion because after all this is Rangers Football Club and if they can't do that then they shouldn't be playing for us!

We need our best players to win games. Liverpool reserves are better than our and Celtic's first teams. It's the way football is. I didn't say Ferguson was my idol but the young Scottish players, on this game he is still top class. We have a better team spirit when he is playing. I know Cuellar's replacements are not good enough but that emphasises how much we need him fit.

We are different from Liverpool and Man Utd, they can afford to spend more money on backup players than we can on first team players. In the first half we did well and challenged them but their class told in the end. We can fight as much as we want but in the end, if a quality team is on form, there is no way that we can do anything.

I agree that we're not good enough though.

In a nutsell what I am trying to say even with Ferguson and Cuellar we are still not good enough. Smith needed to bring quality yet he went for quntity!

Smith signings are joke, Miller. I canny see where goals are gonna come from we've no creativity, no width. I think it comes down to Smith playing the likes of Adam and Broadfoot on a weekly basis and please don't say Weir is good enough to partner Cuellar! Fair enough he done job at the time, but he's too slow and I've noticed that he give the ball away way too much.

Like you I genuinely want the best for Rangers and us fans are not getting and of course we have the right to be mad, but if we can see where it's going wrong why can't the manager!

That's a big IF considering there's 90 minutes of the tie left. No doubt if we beat them four nil it will be smiles all round and maybe Walter won't be such a bad chap after all?

There's no point in being worked up about something before it even happens.

it wont be, it's only papering over the cracks that smith has made.

What total rubbish.

Rangers are trying to sign midfielders but haven't got anywhere yet. I'm sure he's quite aware where our deficiencies lie.

Your solution? Give him no more money. Great that'll help things.

Your moniker is a total paradox