*** Official Rangers vs Liverpool Thread ***

nvager

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll take more than Cuellar or ferguson coming back to sort that team out!

Weir, Broadfoot, Adam, Dailly, McCulloch can all get out the team they are no good to us!

4 out of 5 Smiths signings while that five should get to fuck they could maybe take Smith, McCoist, Durrant, and McDowell with them.

I think the EPL have finally disappeared over the horizon, all those years of big spending have finally left the teams up here completely unable to compete. To think it was only 20 years ago that were able to sign up the England internationals but needless to say those days are long gone

during the time that English teams were banned from Europe, that's the only reason they would come to Scotland.

Of course, nothing lasts forever

Look Ferguson or Cuellar aren't gonna help all that much are they if we continue to play the likes of Weir, Adam, Dailly, Broadfoot and McCulloch. Ferguson over the last few season has become injury prone and if we are relying on him well we are most definitely fucked and I'm not caring if he's your idol, he's not mine and he deserve critism as much any others do. What I'm saying he's not as good as he used to be. Cuellar no one is disputing how good he is, but his replacements are fucking dire!

Liverpool or Man Utd have won games without their top players in the ELP and in Europe. What I am getting at we are not good enough and even without those 2 players we should still be able to put up some fight, effort, spirit, passion because after all this is Rangers Football Club and if they can't do that then they shouldn't be playing for us!

Well said (tu)

It'll take more than Cuellar or ferguson coming back to sort that team out!

Weir, Broadfoot, Adam, Dailly, McCulloch can all get out the team they are no good to us!

I don't think so. Cuellar will shore up the defence and getting their captain back is always a boost.

Aye so it will Weir is passed it, Broadfoot is absolutely dire and should never get a game, Whittaker has only played 2 games at RB. Smith refuses to play Webster in friendlies when he needs match fitness.

Papac and Cuellar are the only decent 2!

A guy in my work just said a really interesting point there.

"This is Rangers football club, under no circumstances, does a club of Rangers stature and might, crumble 4-0 to Liverpool in a friendly. That defeat will send shivers down rangers fans spines and things need to change.

If you are to analyse this game at all, it tells you that their first team is slightly ahead of our first team, and their second team is miles ahead of ours. 5 changes each at half time and a further3 changes midway through 2nd half does not lead to an accurate portrayal of the two clubs involved.

If anything it shows that the money available in the EPL buys a much bigger squad with much more quality in depth.

You have to love the knee jerk reactions.

Let's bin half a dozen players and sack the entire coaching staff? Yeh! Great idea!

Walter is the manager and the players we have, barring maybe one or two extra, are the guys that will be representing us this season. We can either get behind them, support them and try to boost their confidence or we can continue with the wrist slashing, going into every single game looking forward to a wee moan and maybe a boo or two.

I would go for the first option. Support them because they need us.

disappointing but Im not completely gutted, is a friendly and we did make alot of changes during the second half, which we dont normally do.

Are you on the wind up?

For the last 30 minutes Liverpool played "Keep away" and we were chasing shadows.

We were murder from start to finish

In the same way that I said pre-match if we won 5-0 it would not change anything, a 0-4 humping tells us nothing about the coming season.

If it gets some players a bit more match sharpness, and we are now ready to play at the correct pace on Tuesday, then today has been a success, whatever the scoreline.

I am sure players dont bother too much about the scorelines in friendlies, I know I never have. The 2 good "results" last pre-season in the Ibrox rip-off, sorry glamour, matches told us absolutely nothing about our readiness for the season to come, and I am confident todays result will not affect the players too much.

Does anyone really believe that if we draw Liverpool in the CL group stages, they will win 4-0, when Barcelona couldn't even beat us?

Spot on (tu)

what was he thinking playing whittaker in right back

Ano mental playing him in his preffered position :rolleyes: . Look we beat Chelsea 2-0 this time last year and that didn't really change how the SPL panned out. Barca came tae Ibrox and couldn'tscore far less win. Bit of an overreaction from far too many bears. :rangers: :unionflag:

Ferguson is as good as finished and what was he meant to do?

It doesn't take Ferguson or Cuellar to win games, football is a team game and if we are a one or two man then that is ridiculous. On a whole we are just not good enough!

Ferguson is the captain and he is the idol to many of the younger Scottish players. Cuellar is our best player. Are you saying that we wouldn't be doing better if we had those two players available? Imagine Liverpool without Gerrard or Torres, Man Utd without Ronaldo and Rooney. Every team needs their best players playing at their peak to challenge teams above them. We don't have that and we are being outclassed.

It doesn't take Ferguson or Cuellar to win games but it would definitely help. We are not good enough to challenge Liverpool but thankfully, they are not going to be in the SPL.

Look Ferguson or Cuellar aren't gonna help all that much are they if we continue to play the likes of Weir, Adam, Dailly, Broadfoot and McCulloch. Ferguson over the last few season has become injury prone and if we are relying on him well we are most definitely fucked and I'm not caring if he's your idol, he's not mine and he deserve critism as much any others do. What I'm saying he's not as good as he used to be. Cuellar no one is disputing how good he is, but his replacements are fucking dire!

Liverpool or Man Utd have won games without their top players in the ELP and in Europe. What I am getting at we are not good enough and even without those 2 players we should still be able to put up some fight, effort, spirit, passion because after all this is Rangers Football Club and if they can't do that then they shouldn't be playing for us!

We need our best players to win games. Liverpool reserves are better than our and Celtic's first teams. It's the way football is. I didn't say Ferguson was my idol but the young Scottish players, on this game he is still top class. We have a better team spirit when he is playing. I know Cuellar's replacements are not good enough but that emphasises how much we need him fit.

We are different from Liverpool and Man Utd, they can afford to spend more money on backup players than we can on first team players. In the first half we did well and challenged them but their class told in the end. We can fight as much as we want but in the end, if a quality team is on form, there is no way that we can do anything.

I agree that we're not good enough though.

A guy in my work just said a really interesting point there.

"This is Rangers football club, under no circumstances, does a club of Rangers stature and might, crumble 4-0 to Liverpool in a friendly. That defeat will send shivers down rangers fans spines and things need to change.

I don't know where that leaves us for Tuesday night, this game should never have been played today

You have to love the knee jerk reactions.

Let's bin half a dozen players and sack the entire coaching staff? Yeh! Great idea!

Walter is the manager and the players we have, barring maybe one or two extra, are the guys that will be representing us this season. We can either get behind them, support them and try to boost their confidence or we can continue with the wrist slashing, going into every single game looking forward to a wee moan and maybe a boo or two.

I would go for the first option. Support them because they need us.

Knee jerk reactions?

You been living under a stone for the last year? The football has got worse and worse and for every signing we make our team gets weaker