Tartan sectarian army now officially Scotlands shame

BLUEDIGNITY

I come into contact with football supporters through my work and have done for many years. I have heard some horrible bigoted opinions from both celtic and scotland supporters towards Rangers fans. They think it's totally acceptable and have the audacity to call us bigots.

Maybe because we are?

Mate, like you i have heard the like from Celtic Fans and some Scottish fans about us - but we do the same to them, and part of the Tartan Army does to them also

Sometimes think it would be better to have 2 Scotland teams - one made up of players who play or have played for the Old Firm and another team made up of the rest of the mob

(we would gub that lot)

They don't get labelled as bigots though, do they? and they don't accuse fellow supporters of being bigots either. What is wrong with you people? Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I come into contact with football supporters through my work and have done for many years. I have heard some horrible bigoted opinions from both celtic and scotland supporters towards Rangers fans. They think it's totally acceptable and have the audacity to call us bigots.

Maybe because we are?

Mate, like you i have heard the like from Celtic Fans and some Scottish fans about us - but we do the same to them, and part of the Tartan Army does to them also

Sometimes think it would be better to have 2 Scotland teams - one made up of players who play or have played for the Old Firm and another team made up of the rest of the mob

(we would gub that lot)

They don't get labelled as bigots though, do they? and they don't accuse fellow supporters of being bigots either. What is wrong with you people? Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

They do though, most of the non old firm tartan army have a disdain for both our clubs

Anyway, what has this got to do with Wed night?

Maybe because we are?

(we would gub that lot)

They do though, most of the non old firm tartan army have a disdain for both our clubs

On Thursday I witnessed a group of Celtic supporters laughing about the NA incident, being derogatory to the Royal Family and spouting bigoted abuse about Rangers fans. They had joined in the booing and thought it was a great laugh. But of course they're not bigots, just having a bit of banter.

Maybe because we are?

(we would gub that lot)

On Thursday I witnessed a group of Celtic supporters laughing about the NA incident, being derogatory to the Royal Family and spouting bigoted abuse about Rangers fans. They had joined in the booing and thought it was a great laugh. But of course they're not bigots, just having a bit of banter.

Dont know if that makes them bigots, but it certainly makes them idiots IMO

How old were these guys? 12?

Guest johngers
Making bigoted remarks doesn't make them bigots.....and no they are adults....educators mostly!

I would venture immature idiots at best

So they're not bigots even if they make bigoted remarks?

Hmmm...

Making bigoted remarks doesn't make them bigots.....and no they are adults....educators mostly!

Hmmm...

Not necessarily

I am not defending the idiots, I have no idea what they said, maybe you wish to enlighten us?

But on that subject, I have sung TBB at ibrox many times, doesn't make me a bigot

Football does that to the bestof people, makes us say stuff without thinking that we would never dream of saying usually - that doesn't define who we are, it just shows that we are human

Hmmm...

Waiting for the first, "Jog on Declan" remark lol

Hmmm...

Waiting for the first, "Jog on Declan" remark lol

Jog on :sherlock:

Dont understand your problem with that Jim - you beleive that Rangers fans cannot have politically different views from the accepted Rangers norm? I hold similar views and I certainly aint no Jungle jim

Which bit of 'I don't doubt for a second that some bears hold reservations about unionism etc.' do you find tricky?

Missed the point totally again I see

The point is that he starts off by saying that and then labels the poster a Tim because of his opinions.

Which is ludicrous - actually, to get it out in the open it is discriminatory

Some folk never get the point.

Accusations of timmery are never just based on people's opinions (well in my case anyway and I suspect Jim's).

There's a lot more to it than that.

But you peddle yer wee lie if it rocks your boat....

They're based on what then if not opinions?

Good question.

But bear in mind I said not just opinions ;)

It is a matter of style as well.

Those of us who dirty our hands by lurking on timmy fora detect a style of posting that is not common on our boards. Poor grammar is one sign.

Names that include '1690', 'FTP' and the like, combined with a low post count and daft anti rc posts is another.

These things together and maybe an 'instinct' do it.

There was one last night or the night before I challenged slightly and he denied being one then 'outed' himself shortly afterwards on another thread.

It's hard to pin down, but if you look through those of us who make these accusations, you would know that it is not just about opinions, a diversity of opinions is to be welcomed.

I strongly disagree with lots of folk on here about a range of issues, but the thought that they are tims hasn't entered my head.

Exactly.

So many just can't see that.

Maybe because we are?

(we would gub that lot)

You know I was starting to think you might not be one.....

Maybe because we are?

(we would gub that lot)

LOL - nice one

Im not saying we are all big bad bigots - I am saying that most clubs, us included have a section of fans who are are lets say, less than exemplary when it comes to behavior

We have them, Celtic certainly have them, Aberdeen, Killie, Hearts, etc etc etc

I am also saying (later on) that football does this to us. Most of us though are reasonable guys who can drink together after the game with most opposing fans like nothing had happened

Maybe because we are?

(we would gub that lot)

LOL - nice one

Im not saying we are all big bad bigots - I am saying that most clubs, us included have a section of fans who are are lets say, less than exemplary when it comes to behavior

We have them, Celtic certainly have them, Aberdeen, Killie, Hearts, etc etc etc

I am also saying (later on) that football does this to us. Most of us though are reasonable guys who can drink together after the game with most opposing fans like nothing had happened

Sice when did the Rpmanovs have fans?

Team GB anyone?

I'd like to see it personally, for purely footballing reasons. With it being under 23 mainly the likes of Fleck would get a look in - I think it would be really interesting to see

Of course some would use it to spout of their political agendas but I'm all about the footy

Well i've read through it, quite a thread.

One issue shines out for me, a bit off topic.

Why do so many bears feel the need to criticise our Club for its signing practices?

Even if it were a 'policy', for which there is no substantial evidence - what is so wrong with a Protestant Club signing Protestant players?

Sporting Institutions throughout the World have had discriminatory signing policies - Athletic Bilbao still only sign Basque born players for example.

Have you really been so indoctrinated that you can't see that this is a non issue?

[/quote

Placing a geographical restriction on who can play for a club isn't nesacerrilly discriminatory but it can be.

Take Yorkshire County Cricket Club as an example. For years they had a policy of only playing Yorkshiremen, which was fair enough. Where it became discriminatory was when it was used as an excuse to avoid playing people of Asian decent even though they had been born in Yorkshire - on the grounds that real Yorkshiremen (ie white Yorkshiremen) had parents that also came from Yorkshire.

As far as I know Athletic will play any Basque born player regardless of ethnicity or religion, which I don't think is discriminatory.

The fact that we as a club contributed to the poisonous sectarian divide in Scottish society by not signing catholics is a dark chapter in our history.

And before anyone comes on and says that there wasn't such a policy etc etc., why did WVB got such a great reaction when he answered the thread about if you owned Rangers by saying, he would get rid of all the Beads (ie catholics) and this was normal service being resumed?

Guest johngers

Well i've read through it, quite a thread.

One issue shines out for me, a bit off topic.

Why do so many bears feel the need to criticise our Club for its signing practices?

Even if it were a 'policy', for which there is no substantial evidence - what is so wrong with a Protestant Club signing Protestant players?

Sporting Institutions throughout the World have had discriminatory signing policies - Athletic Bilbao still only sign Basque born players for example.

Have you really been so indoctrinated that you can't see that this is a non issue?

Placing a geographical restriction on who can play for a club isn't nesacerrilly discriminatory but it can be.

Take Yorkshire County Cricket Club as an example. For years they had a policy of only playing Yorkshiremen, which was fair enough. Where it became discriminatory was when it was used as an excuse to avoid playing people of Asian decent even though they had been born in Yorkshire - on the grounds that real Yorkshiremen (ie white Yorkshiremen) had parents that also came from Yorkshire.

As far as I know Athletic will play any Basque born player regardless of ethnicity or religion, which I don't think is discriminatory.

The fact that we as a club contributed to the poisonous sectarian divide in Scottish society by not signing catholics is a dark chapter in our history.

And before anyone comes on and says that there wasn't such a policy etc etc., why did WVB got such a great reaction when he answered the thread about if you owned Rangers by saying, he would get rid of all the Beads (ie catholics) and this was normal service being resumed?

And I guess you don't think Atletico are adding to the 'poisonous' Spanish-Basque relationship?

:rolleyes:

We live in a country where approximately half the population wants to split from the UK. It's not surprising therefore that the British National Anthem is not treated with respect. A lot of people just do not feel British and you can't force them to be. It's not "anti-English". It's anti UK. And it's a political issue not racist, sectarian or bigoted.

whether you like it or not the national anthem is yours and mine until the day that it changes then it is disrespectful and we should remember it was a football match not a political rally so any derogitory chants were unwelcome to our guests who travelled in theyre thousands to watch the football

Never been to an OF game? What is the union if not a political union?

"so your scottish and british but want independance im normally quite talkative but youve got me lost for words"

whats so hard about this one.

everyone on hears been banging on about being scottish and british . well I am both.

we have no choice but to be both.

I`d prefer to be just scottish though.

"if you took all the bigots (your words)traditionalists(my words) out of ibrox the ground would be less than half full"

thats what all the bigots believe.

Rangers would have no problems getting supporters in if they got rid of the bigots.

You're a fucking retard. Stop bringing politics in to your justification to label Rangers fans bigots.

You ask me? I reckon you are a dirty kiddy fiddling pervert who glorifies the deaths of innocents.

That's a pretty pathetic reponse.