Tartan sectarian army now officially Scotlands shame

BLUEDIGNITY

We live in a country where approximately half the population wants to split from the UK. It's not surprising therefore that the British National Anthem is not treated with respect. A lot of people just do not feel British and you can't force them to be. It's not "anti-English". It's anti UK. And it's a political issue not racist, sectarian or bigoted.

whether you like it or not the national anthem is yours and mine until the day that it changes then it is disrespectful and we should remember it was a football match not a political rally so any derogitory chants were unwelcome to our guests who travelled in theyre thousands to watch the football

I agree mate. I'd love to keep politics out of football but a lot of people can't separate them.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing is when angry Scots with chips on their shoulder about the Dastardly English try to reason their prejudice with lame stuff like 'It's the English commentators!!!' and stuff.

so scotland isn`t a country anymore.

and sorry for using the word alliance instead of union bad me but same thing no .

why do we use the olympics as an example and not the comonwealth games .

Do we sing GSTQ when we win a medal there.

We will be independant some time but maybe not to soon.

At least the irish got a vote on it.

they made a choice. good on them.

but our country is different from theres.

for you who think i`m for team ireland then thats no surprise as this is the type of pish you always talk.

1 thing I know for sure is Glasgow rangers fc would rather have me as a supporter than you lot who can

only bring up religion ( tattie muncher , must support ireland guff)

rangers want rid of the bigots. your not wanted by your club.

rangers formed to be a scottish football team nothing to do with the troubles in ireland

and sorry for using the word alliance instead of union bad me but same thing no .

for you who think i`m for team ireland then thats no surprise as this is the type of pish you always talk.

1 thing I know for sure is Glasgow rangers fc would rather have me as a supporter than you lot who can

rangers formed to be a scottish football team nothing to do with the troubles in ireland

Oh do fuck off

Yes Rangers want rid of the bigots and your the kind they want rid of ! :sherlock:

Can I give you the benefit of the doubt that it is 10:30pm on a Friday and you have been drinking? Doubt it.

Listen to this idiot on the radio.

tic fan.

1. 3rd verse... wtf?

2. stems way way back bought and sold for english gold? wtf....

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR COUNTRY?!?!?!?!?

Unfortunately many things my friend. It doesn't help one jot when an over-compensated minority don't even recognise themselves as Scottish (which they are) nevermind British (which the also are). Then you have the others who are fervently anti-British/English/Monarch. In between you have the silent majority who are either too apathetic or scared to speak up and teach these morons some sense.

To be completely honest, I bet Canadians would cheer GSTQ. We still sing it here on certain occasions and definetely as a country celebrate our roots. I find it shocking that it goes on.

As well, didn't the crown of the two nations unite when King James VI of Scotland became King James I of England in the 1600s ffs?

The real divide in GB was made clear in the 45', with the majority protestant lowlanders helping to stamp out the rebels.

Actually the numbers of Protestant Highland clans supporting the government (my own included) and Catholic clans in support of Charlie were very similar - a fact that frankly gets up my nostril when I read a lot of disparaging comments about "teuchters" on this MB.

Yeah am highland protestant too mate and some of the teuchter remarks are a bit ignorant.

Never went to Scotland game till last year,never really been interested, but all the boys i go to Ibrox with are big Scotland fans so went to the Georgia game out of interest.

I was absolutely gob smacked by the anti- rangers bile some of these SNP types were aiming at THEIR OWN TEAM!

They guys behind me booed every time a Gers player got on the ball, h** this and that etc.

A real eye opener,

and the media always like to portray us as the bad guys???

You just made that up didn't you? I've been to loads of Scotland games and never heard anything like that. But it suits your agenda eh? I'd go as far as to call you a liar but of course I can't prove it. So in my opinion sir, you are a liar.

Yeah, I've been to a few Scotland games down the years and never heard any of that

Of course it suits some to claim that on here, it is the internet, so they can spout whatever pesh they like without having to substantiate it

i dont even think youve got enough intelligence to be an idiot

rangers would rather have you as a fan-you know this how

scotland is a country but as far as im aware the act of union is still very much alive so we are most definatley part of the united kingdom

would you rather we where like ireland and if so there is a companies looking for workers so im sure they would welcome a nationalistic person like yourself if you wished to relocate

Most Scottish people have a bizarre hatred for the English. Ancient rivals and all that, but we must be the best in the world at holding grudges. Isn't this in the wrong section anyhooo?

Depends what you call ancient. Neither group of illegal immigrants have been here that long in the great scheme of things. ;)

Actually, I think the original statement is nonsense anyway

Most Scots have a good natured rivalry with the English and certainly do not hate them - there will be a minority wo do of course, but as we found out in Manchester, a minority is sometimes all it takes to tarnish an image

scotland is a country but as far as im aware the act of union is still very much alive so we are most definatley part of the united kingdom

would you rather we where like ireland and if so there is a companies looking for workers so im sure they would welcome a nationalistic person like yourself if you wished to relocate

Ofcourse the act of union is very much still alive, it was only only last year that we (orangemen) 30000 strong, walked through the streets of edinburgh and right past the scottish parliament.

Long live the union!

Anybody hear RR earlier on and the guy from Cambuslang who was trying to make light of the booing of the NA, only a Scotland England rivalry thing he said, then he told us of the time when Scotland played England, the Don Hutchison win at Wembley. Am a cellic supporter he chimed which was more than obvious an a watched the game in Cambuslang Orange club way wan o ma Rangers supportin mates and half of them were booin the NA, it wis jist the rivalry thing he said a bit of craic ! Who the fcuk do these people think they are kiddin ? :sherlock:

I come into contact with football supporters through my work and have done for many years. I have heard some horrible bigoted opinions from both celtic and scotland supporters towards Rangers fans. They think it's totally acceptable and have the audacity to call us bigots.

I've just been to the funeral of my uncle who died of cancer last friday at the age of 68, i was really close to him and hes born and bred in Sheffield, i've just been up there for it. Half my family are from Sheffield. It makes me feel even more sick about the anti-english shite that goes about Scotland, my uncle was one of the best men you could ever meet yet you have some Scots who hate everything associated with England for stupid petty reasons.

They are an embarrassment and make most Scots cringe.

Yes, but they are in a minority - very few actually hate England or the English - most have a healthy bit of banter with the English, most know where to draw the line, as the English do with us

Some few cross that line occasionally, but then most club sides have smaller elements that occasionally cause embarrassment

I know rangers want me as a fan because i`m not a bigot.

they want rid of the bigots full stop.

if you even read this post i`ve already stated i`m scottish and british .

so your scottish and british but want independance im normally quite talkative but youve got me lost for words

if you took all the bigots (your words)traditionalists(my words) out of ibrox the ground would be less than half full

"At least the irish got a vote on it.

they made a choice. good on them."

when I said that I was talking about NI.

BUT TYPICAL :

"would you rather we where like ireland and if so there is a companies looking for workers so im sure they would welcome a nationalistic person like yourself if you wished to relocate "

yes I would prefer it if we were like NI and got a vote.

let the people decide.

if they vote to stay in the union fine , I`d live with that.

your the type of fan who would sell the club done the river, remember it was the protestant fans who made our club so big and we will never go away.

Basically my take on this is that I consider myself Scottish - Scotland is a part of the United Kingdom, I hope one day we vote to break away but I recognize we are part of the UK as it stands

Now, whatever my politics are or who I support, I was brought up to be diverse and respectful - so I would never boo another nations anthem, no matter the politics involved. it is not about politics actually, it is about manners and respect

Bigot this bigot that!

Like a fucking drone from terrorist minded.

"so your scottish and british but want independance im normally quite talkative but youve got me lost for words"

whats so hard about this one.

everyone on hears been banging on about being scottish and british . well I am both.

we have no choice but to be both.

I`d prefer to be just scottish though.

"if you took all the bigots (your words)traditionalists(my words) out of ibrox the ground would be less than half full"

thats what all the bigots believe.

Rangers would have no problems getting supporters in if they got rid of the bigots.

I come into contact with football supporters through my work and have done for many years. I have heard some horrible bigoted opinions from both celtic and scotland supporters towards Rangers fans. They think it's totally acceptable and have the audacity to call us bigots.

Maybe because we are?

Mate, like you i have heard the like from Celtic Fans and some Scottish fans about us - but we do the same to them, and part of the Tartan Army does to them also

Sometimes think it would be better to have 2 Scotland teams - one made up of players who play or have played for the Old Firm and another team made up of the rest of the mob

(we would gub that lot)

"so your scottish and british but want independance im normally quite talkative but youve got me lost for words"

everyone on hears been banging on about being scottish and british . well I am both.

"if you took all the bigots (your words)traditionalists(my words) out of ibrox the ground would be less than half full"

Rangers would have no problems getting supporters in if they got rid of the bigots.

You're a fucking retard. Stop bringing politics in to your justification to label Rangers fans bigots.

You ask me? I reckon you are a dirty kiddy fiddling pervert who glorifies the deaths of innocents.

what makes the majority of rangers fans (who every time you use the word bigots offends them)bigots please enlighten me cause i might be 1 as well according to your take on what makes a bigot