Tartan sectarian army now officially Scotlands shame

BLUEDIGNITY

it was and still is embarrassingly dated and ridiculous.

You've got to judge it in the context of those days. Rangers did nothing to be ashamed of by the prevailing standards/morals. I think most of us have moved on, and I'm fully behind that, and we will never go back, but it annoys me when people judge by today's, (admitedley more enlightened), viewpoint.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scottish and british proud to be. I was disgusted at my nation the other night booing our british national anthem on wed night. It seems like it is accepted to be affilated with republic of ireland in scotland even though there is no fucking link as oppose to being british were we hold british passports. driving licences.

Do these mindless twats not realise that gstq is our anthem. as a poster said before bet they werent booing it when we were taking golds in bejing.

Im all for pro british but as a scotsman i still want england to fuck up in everything they do when there not representing britian.

Well i've read through it, quite a thread.

One issue shines out for me, a bit off topic.

Why do so many bears feel the need to criticise our Club for its signing practices?

Even if it were a 'policy', for which there is no substantial evidence - what is so wrong with a Protestant Club signing Protestant players?

Sporting Institutions throughout the World have had discriminatory signing policies - Athletic Bilbao still only sign Basque born players for example.

Have you really been so indoctrinated that you can't see that this is a non issue?

Also Zenith were allowed to get to a EURO Final with shock horror a no coloureds policy ???????? And we get threatened with religious genocide because some mope complains about TBB. :sherlock:

"and what were septic formed to be? "

I don`t give a toss what they were formed to be.

Do we then have to stoop to there depths by making us a religious team.

we would then be the same as them.

No we are a scottish football team . end off . no religion / NI links .

I`m a rangers fan not a septic fan so I don`t care a jot about them / there agends etc.

But I also don`t give a jot about religion in football. or anything to do with NI .

put all the spin you like on it, we are a protestant team and have been for generations, and always will be.

We weren't formed for that reason, more hijacked than anything by protestant fans in the 20's who wanted a team of their own to take on the catholics.

you are correct but the club must have been happy to be hijacked, thats how we became one of the biggest clubs in the world, because of our protestant support.

Fair point but wouldn't you rather we became one of the worlds biggest clubs because of our football? We've been outrageously poor in Europe over the piece 3 or 4 seasons excepted.

Why do so many bears feel the need to criticise our Club for its signing practices?

Even if it were a 'policy', for which there is no substantial evidence - what is so wrong with a Protestant Club signing Protestant players?

Sporting Institutions throughout the World have had discriminatory signing policies - Athletic Bilbao still only sign Basque born players for example.

Have you really been so indoctrinated that you can't see that this is a non issue?

A racist policy and action should be taken against them.

I see the old sweepin brushes have out again for this shower of shite ? :sherlock:

Scotland won’t face music over supporters’ booing of anthem

MARTIN McMILLAN August 22 2008

Scotland will not face sanctions from UEFA after Northern Ireland's national anthem was booed and jeered by the Tartan Army before Wednesday evening's goalless friendly at Hampden.

Home supporters ignored pleas from the Scottish Football Association to treat God Save the Queen' with respect. UEFA spokesman William Gaillard said that while the game was outside the jurisdiction of European football's governing body, there was nothing in its rules which could have been used to punish disrespect of that nature.

He said: "Friendly matches are in the domain of FIFA, it is not UEFA's responsibility.

advertisement

"Unfortunately this is not a new thing but there are no sanctions we can impose.

"We ran a successful campaign during the European Championships to get fans to respect their opponents' national anthems. It's about education and we can only hope that respect is shown."

After the game, which was attended by 7000 Northern Ireland fans in a crowd of over 28,000, the SFA issued a statement claiming it was "disappointed" in the actions of a section of the Scotland support.

‘If the fans want to protest they can always sit down and say nothing’

The statement read: "The SFA is obviously disappointed that a minority of our fans chose not to respect the visitors' national anthem.

"The Tartan Army have a richly-deserved reputation as fantastic ambassadors for their country. We do not condone this kind of behaviour."

A representative of the Tartan Army added his voice to those condemning the booing. Alan Duncan, the chairman of the North of Scotland branch, believes supporters must learn their lesson, especially after being warned for similar misbehaviour when Lithuania visited Glasgow less than a year ago.

Duncan said: "We have built up a fantastic reputation around the world for our behaviour.

The last thing we need do is to sully this by getting punished for jeering national anthems.

"I am sure some of the Scotland fans do it as a bit of fun, but there could be serious implications for us.

"We don't want to spoil a proud reputation that has taken decades to create."

He added: "If the fans want to protest they can always sit down on their seats and say nothing. That is the sensible way. A silent protest would not harm our reputation and the national team.

"Anthems only last a couple of minutes and then it would be over and done with. Certainly, we wouldn't like it if other countries booed and jeered Flower of Scotland in our away games."

The Scottish Government also criticised those who took part in the jeering. A spokesperson said: "It is unfortunate that the actions of some supporters have tarnished the outstanding reputation of the Tartan Army. All fans should respect the national anthems of all teams."

FIFA said they had received "no official information" regarding booing at the gam

A racist policy and action should be taken against them.

Nah, they don't sing songs that annoy earls.....

I see the old sweepin brushes have out again for this shower of shite ? :sherlock:

Scotland won’t face music over supporters’ booing of anthem

MARTIN McMILLAN August 22 2008

Scotland will not face sanctions from UEFA after Northern Ireland's national anthem was booed and jeered by the Tartan Army before Wednesday evening's goalless friendly at Hampden.

Home supporters ignored pleas from the Scottish Football Association to treat God Save the Queen' with respect. UEFA spokesman William Gaillard said that while the game was outside the jurisdiction of European football's governing body, there was nothing in its rules which could have been used to punish disrespect of that nature.

He said: "Friendly matches are in the domain of FIFA, it is not UEFA's responsibility.

advertisement

"Unfortunately this is not a new thing but there are no sanctions we can impose.

"We ran a successful campaign during the European Championships to get fans to respect their opponents' national anthems. It's about education and we can only hope that respect is shown."

After the game, which was attended by 7000 Northern Ireland fans in a crowd of over 28,000, the SFA issued a statement claiming it was "disappointed" in the actions of a section of the Scotland support.

‘If the fans want to protest they can always sit down and say nothing’

The statement read: "The SFA is obviously disappointed that a minority of our fans chose not to respect the visitors' national anthem.

"The Tartan Army have a richly-deserved reputation as fantastic ambassadors for their country. We do not condone this kind of behaviour."

A representative of the Tartan Army added his voice to those condemning the booing. Alan Duncan, the chairman of the North of Scotland branch, believes supporters must learn their lesson, especially after being warned for similar misbehaviour when Lithuania visited Glasgow less than a year ago.

Duncan said: "We have built up a fantastic reputation around the world for our behaviour.

The last thing we need do is to sully this by getting punished for jeering national anthems.

"I am sure some of the Scotland fans do it as a bit of fun, but there could be serious implications for us.

"We don't want to spoil a proud reputation that has taken decades to create."

He added: "If the fans want to protest they can always sit down on their seats and say nothing. That is the sensible way. A silent protest would not harm our reputation and the national team.

"Anthems only last a couple of minutes and then it would be over and done with. Certainly, we wouldn't like it if other countries booed and jeered Flower of Scotland in our away games."

The Scottish Government also criticised those who took part in the jeering. A spokesperson said: "It is unfortunate that the actions of some supporters have tarnished the outstanding reputation of the Tartan Army. All fans should respect the national anthems of all teams."

FIFA said they had received "no official information" regarding booing at the gam

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it our national anthem too.

Mixed up Trannies get it wrong again.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it our national anthem too.

Mixed up Trannies get it wrong again.

Folk are in denial.

I listened to Real Radio for about 10 mins last night and he called it the NI, English, Welsh National Anthem.

Obviously couldn't bring himself to admit that it is also Scotland's (or maybe he feared the backlash that the truth would cause).

You must be joking.

GSTQ is the welsh anthem ! pish

GSTQ is the scottish anthem ! pish

I`m sure the english use sweei chariot for the rugby and the football yahoo`s use GSTQ because they have no clue.

they wave union jacks around at england games ?

GB is an alliance of 4 country`s which all have there own flags and national status.

individually we should all have our own teams / flags / anthems

but when added together for an event we become GB and we have a n anthem called GSTQ and we also have a flag

called the union jack.

What a lot of scots hate is the fact england fans think the union jack is theres alone. they also think GSTQ is theres alone.

the welsh would never have gstq as a national anthem , same here in scotland . the NI folk only use it to get it up the catholics in there country which has sweet fa to do with us.

GSTQ is not my National anthem or yours but it is my GB anthem.

Scotland is a country with its own anthem.

GB is not a country !

You must be joking.

I`m sure the english use sweei chariot for the rugby and the football yahoo`s use GSTQ because they have no clue.

GB is an alliance of 4 country`s which all have there own flags and national status.

but when added together for an event we become GB and we have a n anthem called GSTQ and we also have a flag

called the union jack.

What a lot of scots hate is the fact england fans think the union jack is theres alone. they also think GSTQ is theres alone.

the welsh would never have gstq as a national anthem , same here in scotland . the NI folk only use it to get it up the catholics in there country which has sweet fa to do with us.

GB is not a country !

check your passport.

so is GB a country ! no

is scotland a country ! yes

we use GB passports because we have an alliance thats all.

GB is not a country.

if it is then scotland , england , wales , NI don`t exist anymore.

or I come from 2 countries = pish

My country is scotland end off.

my alliance is GB end off.

so is GB a country ! no

GB is not a country.

you can get misty eyed as take the high road and river city will be on soon, and i bet your the type that fill your bath with highland spring water. :lol:

You must be joking.

called the union jack.

GB is not a country !

I usually ignore incoherent rambling, but that needs a reply:

• I am not joking.

• Both Wales and Scotland are in the UK, therefore our national Anthem is GSTQ.

• I have no idea what 'I`m sure the english use sweei chariot for the rugby and the football yahoo`s use GSTQ because they have no clue. they wave union jacks around at england games ?' means.

• Close, the UK is a Union, not an alliance of 4 Countries.

• We can have whatever we choose to have, but so long as we are in the Union, GSTQ is our national Anthem.

• When Scotland England and Wales come together we form Team GB and use GSTQ and The Union Flag.

• Scots may well 'hate' such attitudes, but I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

• The Welsh and Scots might well choose to play other songs before sporting events, but that does not make them National Anthems. You are right about one thing, what Anthem NI choose to use if f all to do with you.

• As I have already stated you are simply wrong GSTQ is the National Anthem of the UK and I am a Citizen of it therefore it is my National Anthem. If you are Scottish it is yours as well. This is a fact, you may not like it, but that doesn't change facts.

• Scotland is a Nation within the UK but does not have its own National Anthem.

• GB is not a Nation but the UK is, and it is also a Union of Nations.

You obviously don't even know the difference between GB and The UK, what makes you think you are in a position to lecture us?

so is GB a country ! no

GB is not a country.

Ignorance and confidence so often go hand in hand...

so is GB a country ! no

GB is not a country.

you can get misty eyed as take the high road and river city will be on soon, and i bet your the type that fill your bath with highland spring water. :lol:

whats with the mentality on this board if you are not one of us you are one of them. Just because the guy is clearly proud to be a scot and accept his british idenity you feel you have the right to mock him.

is it because he aint singing about northern ireland. and staying loyal to the crown????

You guys having a go at a guy being proud of his nation. WE ARE SCOTTISH BE PROUD OF THAT FACT!!

so is GB a country ! no

GB is not a country.

whats with the mentality on this board if you are not one of us you are one of them. Just because the guy is clearly proud to be a scot and accept his british idenity you feel you have the right to mock him.

is it because he aint singing about northern ireland. and staying loyal to the crown????

You guys having a go at a guy being proud of his nation. WE ARE SCOTTISH BE PROUD OF THAT FACT!!

i am proud of being british and scottish, just a shame some of the tartan nutters are not proud of being british.

so is GB a country ! no

GB is not a country.

What a load of ignorant pish. Actually Scotland, England, Wales and N.Ireland have far less claim to being countries than The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. An alliance my arse.

Booing National anthems is childish. Ive never done it never will.

Opinions?

I'll air mine.

I am Scottish. FOS is my anthem.

British? Yes I am. GSTQ - my anthem? Probably is tho I hold no feelings for it. I¡m a republican.

The Union? I think its days are numbered and i'm fine with that.

But for me here, I support Rangers and all the rest of this guff has little to do with football and my beliefs and politics are NOT incompatible with supporting the Gers.

End of speel.

Good night, may the sun shine prosperously on you all tomorrow. :rolleyes:

That's all you are.

And if Admin don't ask you to leave with a polite banning then I'll need to reconsider posting here, there's only so tolerant you can be towards guff like this tattie muncher.

I don't doubt for a second that some bears hold reservations about unionism etc. But threads like these invite the tarriers out in to the open like a lamp does a moth. Here's a shining example

Declan. Know this. Even if Scotland becomes another state in the European Union and i pray it doesn't, Ulster will always remain part of the UK

Dont understand your problem with that Jim - you beleive that Rangers fans cannot have politically different views from the accepted Rangers norm? I hold similar views and I certainly aint no Jungle jim