Who is better... Bougherra or Cuellar

Markag1991

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too early to compare.

Someone quoted me earlier in this thread from an older thread. Due to Bougherra, we've not missed Cuellar so far. If he continues to play like he is then he could be better than Cuellar.

Not for me! Then again, I have the benefit of having seen him week in week out for Shef Weds when he was there prior to Charlton ;) So, I am judging him on a far longer period, and, have also seen the improvement, which is a bit. So, while those that dont know him may not be confident as of yet, they will be!

2nd coming of Lorenzo, just not as much of a bombscare at the back haha

I prefer him as a player to Carlos, he has more skill, which, may not be deemed overly neccessary, however, it gives a 2nd option when it comes to getting out of trouble, something I dont think Cuellar has as much. Also offers a greater threat going forward, especially in regards to creating, and has a very good shot on him (Assist for Lafferty's goal?). I think Cuellar is better in the air though

Have noticed alot of people are saying Bougherra is better than Carlos. I peronally think that although Bougherra is good.. there is no competition! Carlos was simply amazing! Very rarely did anyhing wrong. So i would say Carlos.

What do you think???

This is a question that needs to be asked at the end of the season.

Have noticed alot of people are saying Bougherra is better than Carlos. I peronally think that although Bougherra is good.. there is no competition! Carlos was simply amazing! Very rarely did anyhing wrong. So i would say Carlos.

What do you think???

who the fucks carlos cuellar

Cuellar was worth every penny of the £8m Villa paid, he was a cracking player for us, the haste in which he left lacked class/tact, but hey life rolls on and the money spent on Bougherra, although its early days looks like a huge bargain, so we made 6m on Cuellar bought Bougherra for 2.5m who in the fullness of time could be a Cuelleresque standout.

been looking at most replies, and as new to this stuff, cannot agree or disagree with most opinions. in my very humble opinion, we would have kept carlos, paired him with bueguerra(forgive spelling please folks), got st. smith fit, signed davis, mendes , kept fergie fit if poss, played tommo too, and up front on signings, miller to partner boyd, to feed him. this probably not most guys opinion, but that is what i saw in him signing miller.

as in big magic( again forgive spelling), i as a friend of davie weir, think he will benefit this year from a guy who will have the assurance of a guy with a bit of pace if thing go pear shaped in the air on the first challenge, so he can get back and cover. think this year lookin good, but dw is in his last year, and if webster is not up to the task the question will again be raised in may!

what do u guys think?

Little early for this, no?

T'is indeed.

Going on early impressions though I would say that Cuellar was the more 'solid' centre half, but Magic looks like a better footballer.