Broadfoot

gsa

kirk broadfoot being rewarded with a new contract is nothing short of a joke and shows how much of mess walter will leave us in. again. just as advocaat had to rid us of all smiths scottish 'tryer's' in 98 the next manager will have to do the same with the likes of broadfoot. let's not kid ourselves on he's any sort of a footballer. is not giving away possession every time you touch the ball or giving away needless penalties an indication of good performance?

the only improvement he has made has been from really shit to shit. im disgusted these are our standards now.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kirk broadfoot being rewarded with a new contract is nothing short of a joke and shows how much of mess walter will leave us in. again. just as advocaat had to rid us of all smiths scottish 'tryer's' in 98 the next manager will have to do the same with the likes of broadfoot. let's not kid ourselves on he's any sort of a footballer. is not giving away possession every time you touch the ball or giving away needless penalties an indication of good performance?

the only improvement he has made has been from really shit to shit. im disgusted these are our standards now.

I'll bite.

Broadfoot has been one of our most consistent performers from the beginning of this season.

1) He does not give possession away very often, nevermind all the time as you imply.

2) He does not give away "needless" penalties. Not any more than any other defender.

3) As for not being a footballer? He tirelessly runs up and down the wing and crosses ACCURATE balls into the box.

Not only is he being played out of his natural position, he is turning into one of the best right backs in the country, so much so he had an international call up!

Doing pretty well for not being "any sort of a footballer" ehh?

He deserves the new deal in my opinion, but it is just a shame some of the other squad members do not follow his lead by getting head down, getting fit and improving their overall game, now that is the real "joke".

Home Jamsie, it's over, and don't spare the horses ! :sherlock:

From shit to shit is harsh have you ever made a positive post or just something negative

it prob is harsh but is it untrue? you are correct most of my posts have been negative but i'm afraid i can't see that changing whilst walter is in charge. i will end up having to go into hibernation untill he is gone - hopefully for good this time. bringing him back will prove to be the worst mistake murray has ever made. it can only end in disaster with us being left with an expensive, overweight squad full of scottish 'drink together, win together' dross. sound familiar. the guy is prehistoric.

There is definitely better right backs than Broadfoot but your reasons just aren't the truth. He rarely gives the ball away in the right back position and the only penalty he gave that I can remember was against Celtic at Parkhead. Even then, that was outside the box when Scott McDonald stood on his foot. I still believe we need a better right back but a central defender is more important.

From shit to shit is harsh have you ever made a positive post or just something negative

it prob is harsh but is it untrue? you are correct most of my posts have been negative but i'm afraid i can't see that changing whilst walter is in charge. i will end up having to go into hibernation untill he is gone - hopefully for good this time. bringing him back will prove to be the worst mistake murray has ever made. it can only end in disaster with us being left with an expensive, overweight squad full of scottish 'drink together, win together' dross. sound familiar. the guy is prehistoric.

Is KDS shut or are you barred ? :sherlock:

So if not Broadfoot who do you place at right back and who would you have replaced Le Guen with then?

I agree i wouldnt have Broadfoot as first choice in the team but thats the cards we are dealt and he is playing well.

In an ideal world Hutton would be there but this aint an ideal world.

sorry you will have to explain what kds is to me?

The guy is allowed an opinion, there are a few Broadfoot haters out there. They were rife on RM during last season!!

But to gsa, I have to say that you have either not been watching the HUGE transformation over the last couple of months, or you have a personal vendetta against him.

It's a takeaway in the east end favoured by cellic park staff. Kiddies Delivered Sharpish ! :sherlock:

that makes sense, i don't rate broadfoot so i'm a kiddie fiddler??? if i was a celtic supporter i would love broadfoot playing for rangers!

mcweedy doesn't ! :sherlock:

It's a takeaway in the east end favoured by cellic park staff. Kiddies Delivered Sharpish ! :sherlock:

that makes sense, i don't rate broadfoot so i'm a kiddie fiddler??? if i was a celtic supporter i would love broadfoot playing for rangers!

35k31fs.jpg:mutley:

this has been a slight improvement but more than anything it shoes just how bad he was last year. his first half performane v fiorentina was the worst display by a pro footballer i haver ever seen. you just don't lose that lack of quality. whittiker should have been given the opportunities at right back that broadfoot has, if he was we would have a replacement for hutton now.

this has been a slight improvement but more than anything it shoes just how bad he was last year. his first half performane v fiorentina was the worst display by a pro footballer i haver ever seen. you just don't lose that lack of quality. whittiker should have been given the opportunities at right back that broadfoot has, if he was we would have a replacement for hutton now.

What does that mean?and you didnt answer who should play at right back or who should have replaced Le Guen?

35k31fs.jpg:mutley:

;) Exactly (tu):sherlock:

What does that mean?and you didnt answer who should play at right back or who should have replaced Le Guen?

it means he is a poor quality footballer and one or two games where he hasn't been totally rubbish doesn't change that. look how often he misplaced passes in first 30 mins for scotland on sat. whittiker should play right back, his defending isn't brilliant but he's athletic unlike broadfoot and he has good ability on the ball. smith ruined him by playing him too far forward and on the wrong side last year. in my opinion fergie should have gone not le guen but that's another matter. when it was clear that le guen wasn't going to work for whatever reason we should have went for someone like terim or maybe even tony mowbray. now i think michael laudrup would be a good option although he prob wouldn't take it on. in my opinion we need someone modern who will also kick the ferguson posse up the arse and show them the manger runs the team not wee barry sideways. i

it means he is a poor quality footballer and one or two games where he hasn't been totally rubbish doesn't change that. look how often he misplaced passes in first 30 mins for scotland on sat. whittiker should play right back, his defending isn't brilliant but he's athletic unlike broadfoot and he has good ability on the ball. smith ruined him by playing him too far forward and on the wrong side last year. in my opinion fergie should have gone not le guen but that's another matter. when it was clear that le guen wasn't going to work for whatever reason we should have went for someone like terim or maybe even tony mowbray. now i think michael laudrup would be a good option although he prob wouldn't take it on. in my opinion we need someone modern who will also kick the ferguson posse up the arse and show them the manger runs the team not wee barry sideways. i

So Whittaker's defending aint that brilliant but you would play him anyway?Do you think McGeady would have been kept quiet if Whittaker was fit?

I agree Whittaker is the better player...fuck me Stevie Wonder would agree but he couldnt defend his mothers honour.

Broadfoot adapts and personally Whittaker probably couldnt.You give me a sheet of paper and i will play Whittaker before Broadfoot everytime at right back but Kirkie does it better,right midfield?Yea Whittaker could be useful because he wouldnt have to defend