Poor old Aaron...time to retire now.

LegendofCoop

I guess rangers are the only club in the uk not to blood the youngsters, even man u with that 17 yr old kid scored a cracker.

Saw that on MOTD tonight. Corker of a goal. Made my heart sink though. Our club could be like this too if only we gave them a chance!

walter will never change his ways, would rather play players out of position than play the youngsters.

Annoyingly frustrating eh? The trouble is, when we beat Celtic 4-2 everything was clicking into place. The only player that didn't have a great game that day was Charlie Adam.

All the talk from Walter was how these young players would need a bit of match fitness & then they'd be tried. EVer since, they've been rotting away.

You wonder just how long the likes of Efrem might stay too. Here's a guy who was highly thought of at Arsenal but chose to come here apparently because there was a better chance of 1st team football. Two years later & he's not even had a sniff!

You know, honestly, right now, I'd rather see Rangers struggle with a couple of younger players in the team (as you know there's a chance they will improve) rather than playing older diddies who are only going to get worse!

I find that hard to believe. So you wouldn't mind Rangers finishing in 7th or something, but playing a bunch of 19 year olds? I think part of the problem is that the current squad is pretty big right now, and its hard for some of these guys to get a game in the reserves, much less the first team. If we get rid of some guys in January, I think that might creak the door to force Walter to use some youth, but I wouldn't put my house on it.

Nah, what I really meant was, in terms of struggling, being as we are now...in second, struggling to kill teams off! I wasn't meaning a 'bunch' of youngsters either.

Really what I'm getting at is I'd rather have seen Edu in for Lee & Aaron/Efrem in for Adam! That would have been progress if you ask me (so long as we'd still have the 3 points)!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess rangers are the only club in the uk not to blood the youngsters, even man u with that 17 yr old kid scored a cracker.

Saw that on MOTD tonight. Corker of a goal. Made my heart sink though. Our club could be like this too if only we gave them a chance!

walter will never change his ways, would rather play players out of position than play the youngsters.

Annoyingly frustrating eh? The trouble is, when we beat Celtic 4-2 everything was clicking into place. The only player that didn't have a great game that day was Charlie Adam.

All the talk from Walter was how these young players would need a bit of match fitness & then they'd be tried. EVer since, they've been rotting away.

You wonder just how long the likes of Efrem might stay too. Here's a guy who was highly thought of at Arsenal but chose to come here apparently because there was a better chance of 1st team football. Two years later & he's not even had a sniff!

You know, honestly, right now, I'd rather see Rangers struggle with a couple of younger players in the team (as you know there's a chance they will improve) rather than playing older diddies who are only going to get worse!

I find that hard to believe. So you wouldn't mind Rangers finishing in 7th or something, but playing a bunch of 19 year olds? I think part of the problem is that the current squad is pretty big right now, and its hard for some of these guys to get a game in the reserves, much less the first team. If we get rid of some guys in January, I think that might creak the door to force Walter to use some youth, but I wouldn't put my house on it.

It's impossible to believe. Rangers must win - people so readily forget that when demanding youth players are thrown into the mix. And young players who do not perform would get pelters, just like any other player. That breaks some of them.

Smith knows all of this. Bottom line for me is this -

1. We have a number of players good enough. McGregor, Bhougerra, Papac, Davis, Mendes, Ferguson, Thomson and Boyd.

2. A number of players who can be good enough, but for various reasons may not be long term. Novo, Weir, Miller, Alexander.

3. A number of mibbes/who knows for sure. Edu, Smith, Lafferty, Aaron, Fleck.

4. A number who play but aren't Rangers class. Adams, Beasley, Burke, Broadfoot (despite all the improvements) JCD.

5. A number who should not be there. Velicka, Webster, Dailly, McCulloch.

6. A number of youngsters who Smith clearly believes are not ready.

In short - a squad top-heavy with players who aren't good enough.

The reasons? Lack of funds to buy a squad of those good-enough and a failure of ambition and method to develop our own.

While I think our cries for Walter to use more youth is justified, I think it's also a "The grass is always greener on the other side" syndrome, meaning because we're not satisfied with alot of players, we think that the young guys are going to come in and set the SPL on fire, which realistically speaking, probably isn't true in most cases.

Guest The Brown Brogue

I haven't watched nay of our reserve games this season, so have never seen Aaron playing in my life, but there are more than a few posters who have seen him play a lot and dont seem to particularly rate him.

I see a few posters saying that hes regarded as one of the hottest properties in Spain and had been expected to be in the international side by now, in which case I would ask why hasnt he been given a chance in the Valencia side yet?

I haven't watched nay of our reserve games this season, so have never seen Aaron playing in my life, but there are more than a few posters who have seen him play a lot and dont seem to particularly rate him.

I see a few posters saying that hes regarded as one of the hottest properties in Spain and had been expected to be in the international side by now, in which case I would ask why hasnt he been given a chance in the Valencia side yet?

Loaning great potential out for 2/3 seasons is the Valencia way.

Just ask David Silva (tu)

Has anybody actually seen this guy playing in the reserves? What kind of performances does he give?

It's on RTV all the time.

And he's easily good enough to be in our first team.

What games have you been watching?? Every game I saw him he looked not good enough for the first time. Then again though Charlie Adam isn't good enough either.

see a few posters saying that hes regarded as one of the hottest properties in Spain and had been expected to be in the international side by now

Don't know about the full Spanish side but he's just been called up into the Under 21's - a squad that consists of Sergio Asenjo, Gerard Pique, Juan Mata, Mario Suarez, Bojan, Busquets....

He hasn't played much professional football.
Season Club Country Level GP GS

2007-08 Iraklis GRE A 12 3

2007-08 Xerez ESP B 8 0

2005-06 Valencia C ESP C 0 0

Career Totals: 20 3

UEFA Champions League 2006-07

Date Venue Match MP GF AS FC FS YC RC

05/12 Stadio Olimpico, Rome Roma 1:0 Valencia 27 0 0 0 0 0 0

Competition Totals: 27 0 0 0 0 0 0

Competition Average: 27 0 0 0 0 0 0

Glossary

MP: Minutes Played, GF: Goals in favor, AS: Assists, FC: Fouls Committed, FS: Fouls Suffered, YC: Yellow Cards, RC: Red Cards

I'd play someone who has never kicked a ball ahead of Charlie Adam

i think people are quick to forget that Aaron has been constantly involved in a majority of the attacking play that has been good for the reserve squad...i have seen him set up a number of goals, as well as chip in with one...i think it is time that he is introduced, even for 20mins or so, just to get a feel and bring a little attacking edge to the team...can you imagine how more boyd could score if he actually got some decent delivery into the box?

see a few posters saying that hes regarded as one of the hottest properties in Spain and had been expected to be in the international side by now

Don't know about the full Spanish side but he's just been called up into the Under 21's - a squad that consists of Sergio Asenjo, Gerard Pique, Juan Mata, Mario Suarez, Bojan, Busquets....

Thats some squad!

I think Aaron will get his chance in time. We're over eager at this moment because we desperately need a player of his type in the squad.

i think people are quick to forget that Aaron has been constantly involved in a majority of the attacking play that has been good for the reserve squad...i have seen him set up a number of goals, as well as chip in with one...i think it is time that he is introduced, even for 20mins or so, just to get a feel and bring a little attacking edge to the team...can you imagine how more boyd could score if he actually got some decent delivery into the box?

:drool: he a class act him, if aaron is placed alongside him in a squad how can walter jutify not playing him in a mikey mouse squad in a mikey mouse league

(tu) with miller and aaron playing balls to boyd then we would piss all over any team we face

How Charlie Adam gets a game ahead of him I will never know - Charlie Adam is fcuking garbage!

I too feel for Aaron and he should have gone to another club. He's wasting away at Ibrox and I can't see when he's ever going to get a chance?

Thing is Muff, how long will it be before the lad gets seriously pissed off and lets it be known ?

Good point. WHen on international duty he's bound to say how pissed off he is at not getting a start. That's going to make our club less appealing to potential future signings!

Very good point Coop. And to your point Legend, not only is his opinion going to hurt us with future targets, its also bound to get back to managers and then he'll be off. :anguish:

Our best chance in building a truly exciting side again is in attracting solid players with experience like Mendes and then building an exciting interesting squad with guys like Aaron around them. If we can't attract young prospects, we'll be watching Burke, Weir et al for years to come.