If it were up to you...

cornelius11

Theres much talk of "will walter stay another season", "will ally take over" etc etc.

It seems most people dont want either.

but if it were up to you who would you approach for the managers job next season?

throw iin your suggestions and reasons why...

Theres much talk of "will walter stay another season", "will ally take over" etc etc.

but if it were up to you who would you approach for the managers job next season?

Slaven Bilic, intimated managing an old firm club would be an honour, with Big Dado as assistant.

They could get us playing attractive football and pick up some bargains from Eastern Europe.

If maclachlan is telling the truth...

that sounds very attractive.

but we need to remember our ways

Scottish, Protestant, A man of steel, A rangers man, a proven winner, a thinking man

as stated, i only speak the truth

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25032008/58/...d-firm-job.html

that would be very interesting if it happened. (tu)

Considering his age and the length of time he has been there I doubt he would move now, however i'd like to see somebody like Dario Gradi come to our club in an assistants/technical direcotrs role.

Despite their small budget, I think that the work he has done at Crewe is incredible and I think with the facilities we have available we could chrun out some real gems under his guidance.

If we could get him as an assistant to a young ambitious manager I think the future would be bright.

If it was up to me it would be a three man team of *insert name here*, Gradi & McCall.

I could actually see Billic at celtc once Strachan goes. That's if they decide to side swerve the likes of McGhee and go for a higher profile manager.

really think Billic would go to them, he is quite regarded in Europe doubt he would go there.........well hope anyway

I could actually see Billic at celtc once Strachan goes. That's if they decide to side swerve the likes of McGhee and go for a higher profile manager.

based on what? a gut feeling?

I could just see them pushing the boat out for a quality manager once Strachan goes - something similar to what we did by getting Paul Le Guen.

I'd actually like to see the Craig Levein. I think he's a good manager. The 2 Laudrup brothers involved together is another. There are so many to choose from, but I don't think I'd go for any of the Spanish or Italian managers that spring to mind (Capello and Trappatoni the exceptions but spoken for.) Actually, Rafa Benitez is a guy I hold in high esteem too. Good manager. Wouldn't be able to make my mind up really.

Some interesting names being banded about.

A key point to consider is that a new manager would most likely result in yet another rebuilding/transitional phase as I'd be very surprised if they thought the current squad was adequate.

Any new managerial appointment is a gamble and it is a decision that needs to be considered in line with what funds would be made available.

Levein would be another McLeish type appointment and probably more likely if little funding was available given his knowledge of the Scottish game.

If it was a straight choice between Levein and Smith at the moment I'd go for the younger,more ambitious man for those reasons.

As for the foreign names banded about I'd be very surprised if they'd come without substantial funding promises, particularly given what happened with PLG. Each of the names banded about would be an interesting proposition for me but how many of them would actually be in it for the long term and would have the welfare at Rangers at heart.

What we need is someone like Ferguson or Wenger (no chance of getting either but someone with their vision and qualities) to oversee a radical overhaul of all football related matters at Rangers because what we have at the moment is not producing results from youth development through to a successful first team.

I'm afraid that the new manager is already at Ibrox and I must admit the thought terrifies me.

Slaven Bilic, intimated managing an old firm club would be an honour, with Big Dado as assistant.

They could get us playing attractive football and pick up some bargains from Eastern Europe.

I'd pass out if we got Billic as manager.

A key point to consider is that a new manager would most likely result in yet another rebuilding/transitional phase as I'd be very surprised if they thought the current squad was adequate.

We'll be doing that anyway in the summer. We already have an unbalanced squad, we lack quality and basics in many positions, a lot of players are out of contract and surplus to requirements....this time we have no money.

For the 6th or 7th year on the trot, come the summer, we are going to have to rebuild!

Brian Laudrup

1. He knows what it means to be a Ranger

2. he would come with a remit to get rid of the hammer throwers and get us back to playing open, attractive and winning football

No disrespect but how is Laudrup qualified to manage Rangers when as far as I know he hasn't managed a club at any level.