Was Terry Butcher a better centre half than Richard Gough

kingtom28

Was discussingwith my son who was the better centre half: Richard Gough or Terry Butcher.

I say Gough as better all round tackling & distribution of the ball, my son says Butcher ......never say die attitude and hard tackling.....

Both are Legends !!! :rangers:

Just joined the Forum & my first post.....c'mon the Gers

Was he feck and any credit butcher did have was shot with what he said in his book , and his anti rangers stance on sehtanta added to that his moaning a groaning about a scottish hero Maradonna in regard to england when he is our supposed asst national manager get him to feck

Both great players, but for me if both players were at their peak, it is Butcher that edges it. I know Souness thought his left peg was as good as anyones in the country - he could ping 40 yard balls to mcCoist peeling off down the channels and he woudnt have to break stride to collect them

So Terry for me

I agree about it being difficult to be impartial but I think Butcher was a bit better player all round. Close though...in fact if the question was: 'who would you choose to be back at Rangers?', I'd go for Richard Gough.

Butcher was prone to the odd poor game whereas I dont think Gough had one. Ever! One things for sure, we were bloody lucky to have the pair of them at the same time.

december 1993 twenty mins gone rangers 0- 3 dundee utd big goughie and slim mcpherson hooked :unionflag: :unionflag:

Butcher was prone to the odd poor game whereas I dont think Gough had one. Ever! One things for sure, we were bloody lucky to have the pair of them at the same time.

december 1993 twenty mins gone rangers 0- 3 dundee utd big goughie and slim mcpherson hooked :unionflag: :unionflag:

Ye shag wan sheep !!!!! :rolleyes::sherlock: