Kingston bragging We can split the OF

hope its just bragging overhype but at the rate we are going at he might be right

HEARTS star Laryea Kingston believes the resurgent Jambos can overhaul Rangers and split the Old Firm for the second time in three years.

The Hearts midfield ace also reckons that they key to victory was the extra aggression of the rejuvenated Jambos with Gers skipper Ferguson and Mendes marginalised by a swarming Gorgie midfield.

Kingston said: "We were more aggressive than Rangers and I also think we were a lot more positive than them and these were the two big things behind our win.

"We talked before the game that it was going to be vital we closed them down in midfield and stopped Ferguson and Mendes from having the time to dictate the game and that worked well for us.

"I think that was where we won the game in that we stopped their two best players from operating."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2472064.0.0.php

We would have got away with it (the shutting down of Ferguson and Mendes) had we played Burke/Novo on the right, and Beasley on left.

Instead we played Stupid Fat Charlie and a slow lumbering striker in the wide areas.

Hi by the way, been away for ages and just back (assuming I was missed of course :D)

evens

We would have got away with it (the shutting down of Ferguson and Mendes) had we played Burke/Novo on the right, and Beasley on left.

Instead we played Stupid Fat Charlie and a slow lumbering striker in the wide areas.

Hi by the way, been away for ages and just back (assuming I was missed of course :D)

evens

course we missed you Evens :D

good points by the way

the missing width has been standing out like a sore thumb for weeks

Hearts are pish - they couldn't even spell second. One win against a brutal Rangers side and they think they are World beaters. This is a reason why I hate Hearts and their fans.

They will go to Fir Park next Saturday and get crushed no doubt.

Am I right in saying the beat us last year around about this time at Tynecastle?

They beat us 4-2 in September I think.

They got two deflected goals, McGregor let one in and Hutton gave a penalty away.

After the dodgy first goal on Saturday, I don't think they can beat us without a huge slice of luck.

Am I right in saying the beat us last year around about this time at Tynecastle?

They got two deflected goals, McGregor let one in and Hutton gave a penalty away.

After the dodgy first goal on Saturday, I don't think they can beat us without a huge slice of luck.

If results go the same as last season, we've won an extra Old Firm match, taking three points that were theirs, thus making a 6 point swing.

They have completely outplayed us on two of our last three visits there.

I'm not specifically aiming this point at you, but too many of our fans appear to blame our short comings on luck, or rather a lack of, when in truth the team has simply failed to perform to an acceptable standard for the better part of ten months now.

They have completely outplayed us on two of our last three visits there.

I'm not specifically aiming this point at you, but too many of our fans appear to blame our short comings on luck, or rather a lack of, when in truth the team has simply failed to perform to an acceptable standard for the better part of ten months now.

We did beat them 4-0 the other time to be fair. ;)

I said this in another thread.

We're still likely to drop a few points. All a Hearts or Dundee UTD have to do is keep some sort of consistant form and we could well finish 3rd.

They are only 7 points behind us, if we lose at Tannadice like people are predicting and they win they're next couple it'll only be 4.

We're not likely to add much in January, where as other teams will at least bring in a couple of squad players and that could well make the difference.