Do You Support Fan Ownership?

simplythebestest

Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum so don't know if you have discussed this yet but the topic of fan ownership, or just who might be the next owner of Rangers is something that interests me - especially when you consider that David Murray isn't exactly loved by all. I think Rangers are one of the few clubs in the world where the fans are precious enough about their team to put their money where their mouth is and actually take control of the club without the expectation of financial gain.

1/ Do you support fan ownership?

2/ If so, in what context (e.g a small group of a wealthy and hard core owners, mass free-to-all ownership, Barca style?)

3/ How much would you be willing/able to contribute?

4/ What rights/privileges would you expect?

5/ Who would you like to see in charge of your investment and under what hierarchical structure?

I don't see any stupid rich person coming along to make us his personal plaything spending 100's of millions in the process. What's he going to win realistically?

The SPL, Scottish and league cup. He wont get anything like the exposure of the EPL either.

I don't see fans coming up with the dosh to buy the club either. Will they be expected to have a whip round every time we fancy buying another quality player?

If the fans managed to rustle up the cash they'd have to run the club within it's means ie spending less than Murray is.

The fans would not contribute much to a previous share issue, so I cannot see this being a realistic proposition.

50,000 fans would need to contribute 1,000 pounds just to buy it.

To run it properly thereafter, would cost each fan probably a minimum of 200 pounds per annum plus the cost of a season ticket.

Doable - in theory, but very unlikely.

The fans would not contribute much to a previous share issue, so I cannot see this being a realistic proposition.

To run it properly thereafter, would cost each fan probably a minimum of 200 pounds per annum plus the cost of a season ticket.

I'm not sure you can judge by the last rights issue. It was clear that this was to be used to reduce the debt which many blamed SDM for.

I'm not sure you can judge by the last rights issue. It was clear that this was to be used to reduce the debt which many blamed SDM for.

Perhaps so, but can you see 50,000 fans coughing up 1,000 pounds initially PLUS 200 pounds +season ticket each year?

Perhaps so, but can you see 50,000 fans coughing up 1,000 pounds initially PLUS 200 pounds +season ticket each year?

I think if we had a scenario like Celtic had in the 90s they might. However many would put much more in and others less. Also, I think that with someone really creative running the club we wouldn't need the additional £200 per year from season ticket holders.