We are missing a "hard man" type in midfield.

nvager

Since Thomson was injured we are missing real bite in midfield.

If Edu cannot be trusted to do this we need to add someone. Edu should get a chance in my opinion.

Maybe Magic, if we buy another CH until Thomson recovers.

Just a thought.

If Edu cannot be trusted to do this we need to add someone. Edu should get a chance in my opinion.

Just a thought.

Although he aint that hard I think Hemdani would have done us a turn in midfield in Thomsons absence.

Just a thought.

Although he aint that hard I think Hemdani would have done us a turn in midfield in Thomsons absence.

I was thinking that too Hemdani did a good job in that position before and if he wants a move he should be in the shop window at least

We miss Thomson big time. We miss a player who is prepared to roll up his sleeves, cover every blade of the park, break up play, play a simple ball, put a foot in and ruffle up the opposition...the dirty work along with the assists and goals.

We also lack a leader and a captain!

We miss Thomson big time. We miss a player who is prepared to roll up his sleeves, cover every blade of the park, break up play, play a simple ball, put a foot in and ruffle up the opposition...the dirty work along with the assists and goals.

We also lack a leader and a captain!

Spot on. No one in the middle of the park is prepared to make a tackle. Tommos critics annoyed me when he played but now they realise how much of a key player he was

Edu is not a hard tackler, infact not many yanks are, believe it or not tackling is frowned upon among youth football [soccer] in the States so it's not bred into them, they much prefer reading the game and making interceptions, I think that may be the reason that Edu hasn't put in many apperances, and Walter and staff would have known that if they had watched him.

We play 4 in midfield but in the majority of games recently it could be argued that 2 out of whichever 4 are on the park are not involved or effective in their role.

Walter needs to sort out who is playing the holding role first of all and I do not think it should be Mendes.

He has to work out whether Davis is playing wide or narrow.

He has to work out if Barry is really able to get involved and to make him play in the role he is best suited;in front of the back 4, he does not have the pace, confident first touch or the engine to play the attacking role.

He has to stop thinking Adam, McCulloch and Lafferty are good enough to play wide left.

Ideally we need attacking pace on the left given that Papac is the better defending than going forward and Broadfoot and Whittaker are not competent defensively but are willing to push forward albeit with little end result.

Getting the structure right would be a big advantage and having the players know what they should be doing is imperative.

Like the defence the midfield often looks like a shambles; players too close together, little options and no one closing down or appearing to know who they should be tracking.

I've not seen much of Don Cowie but maybe this is why he's being looked at: a cheap, young and Scottish midfielder to fill the gap left by Thommo...

We'd do well to have a better scouting system in Africa, countries like the Ivory Coast are consistently producing talented midfielders who typically adjust to the British style of play quickly, we end up paying over the odds for that sort of player once a French/English club is ready to sell them - with some good scouting we could cut out the middle man.

I've not seen much of Don Cowie but maybe this is why he's being looked at: a cheap, young and Scottish midfielder to fill the gap left by Thommo...

We'd do well to have a better scouting system in Africa, countries like the Ivory Coast are consistently producing talented midfielders who typically adjust to the British style of play quickly, we end up paying over the odds for that sort of player once a French/English club is ready to sell them - with some good scouting we could cut out the middle man.

Do we have a scouting system in Scotland or elsewhere ? Many years ago we had a large network of scouts, employed as well as unofficially attached to the club,

Do we have a scouting system in Scotland or elsewhere ? Many years ago we had a large network of scouts, employed as well as unofficially attached to the club,

I know we have a chief scout in Ewan Chester, it is quite possible that he is our only full-time scout. In which case it must be presumed that he's lost his passport.