Barry needs to retire from football

cooper1989

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that - but he should 'retire' from Rangers ie, find a new club.

If walter hadn't gone overboard in signing midfielders such as mendes and edu when we already had Davis, thomson and fergie for central midfield then I don't believe as many of the supporters would be saying that he should leave. Smith should have focused the millions spent on edu and mendes on possibly wide players (defensive or attacking) to compliment fergie and the other players we already had.

If he did leave we could replace him based on current form but as a 'level of player' he is still better than a LOT of players who get a regular game.

If supporters agree but still think he should leave then they're basically saying we should sell all but a tiny handfull of players, which while possibly 'desirable' based on our current position and feelings towards the team, is certainly over the top!

If we didn't have Mendes, Ferguson's awful performances would be highlighted even more - our midfield would be shocking, we'd be getting overrun in every match and the results would be worse.

If we didn't have Mendes, Ferguson's awful performances would be highlighted even more - our midfield would be shocking, we'd be getting overrun in every match and the results would be worse.

I disagree Muff.

If we didn't have Mendes then Ferguson's performances would simply be getting dragged down by the poor players around him ;)

I agree Mendes is a good player but at the time his position was not a 'problem position' like so many others in the team. Take fergie out of the team and we still had Davis and Thomson. I just feel fergie gets more stick than he deserves cos we currently have good players who could cover for him in his absence which is very unusual given the lack of quality within our squad.

I honestly don't think he get's enough stick. Today we had our manager saying he was still not 100% fit which in my eyes is complete and utter bullshit.

Any other payer and they'd be getting slated, and that includes Mendes, Thomson and Davis.

Personally i think it's an absolute disgrace the way some people of turned on OUR captain.

Tbh i think some of it is actually personal and because he left for Blackburn.

He is one of the BETTER players in the squad and we should be more worried about getting rid of players like Adam, McCulloch, Whittaker etc who are the real problems of our club.

How is it the saying goes, "the sign of a quality player is when even though he is playing poor he can still turn the game on it's head with one pass". He did that and if Boyd had finished the chance we all wouldnt be sitting here slating him, we would be praising him for the assist.

Ferguson created two of the best chances of the game. How many did Mendes create? yet he is getting praised from the skies.

Oh Barry Barry

Apart from 2 passes what else did he do? What about the numerous passes he miss-placed? I reckon I could have played that ball through to Boyd and most SPL players would have managed it.

What did Mendes do, well he carried Ferguson for a start, he was the only one in the middle of the park willing to get stuck in, he broke up play, looked for an opening and at times, was the only player looking to take the ball.

Some people need to take their 'Barry Ferguson tinted glasses off' - he can do no wrong in some people's eyes.

A lot of people are beginning to see that Ferguson is no longer the player he once was, that he's not as important and won't be missed.

My mum said he was finished 2 years ago, she's Killie daft, and I tell you what, she wasn't far wrong!

Personally i think it's an absolute disgrace the way some people of turned on OUR captain.

Tbh i think some of it is actually personal and because he left for Blackburn.

He is one of the BETTER players in the squad and we should be more worried about getting rid of players like Adam, McCulloch, Whittaker etc who are the real problems of our club.

How is it the saying goes, "the sign of a quality player is when even though he is playing poor he can still turn the game on it's head with one pass". He did that and if Boyd had finished the chance we all wouldnt be sitting here slating him, we would be praising him for the assist.

Ferguson created two of the best chances of the game. How many did Mendes create? yet he is getting praised from the skies.

Oh Barry Barry

I don't care about him leaving for Blackburn, it's the present and the future we have to worry about and Ferguson is not good enough to consistently perform at this level anymore.

A decent 45 minutes against the likes of Hamilton won't hide that. It looks like his many injuries have finally caught up with him. That's just not him being judged since he returned from his latest injury, it's been noticeable for at least a year now.

Lets get real,

he still is a quality player, he is just not finding his form right now, Thomson was given time when he came etc so why should our captain not when coming back from a serious injury?

I love Mendes but Ferguson was just as effective as him in the old firm IMO, although Mendes did have a noticeable better first half. If he doesnt pick up his performances soon then we all have reason to believe he is struggling etc, but his pals around him need ot start taking responsibility as well