Barry needs to retire from football

cooper1989

Guest The Brown Brogue

I think it really would be best for all concerned if he heads off to Qatar or somewhere like that in the summer a'la Prso, De Boer etc. They knew when their bodies were telling them it was time to go, Ferguson should accept this fact as well.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He played a great ball through for Boyd to completely fuck up at the start of the 2nd half but didn't do a lot else

I think its time for Rangers and Barry to part company but he is far from completely finished

He also played Miller in

Created 2 of our best chances

barry has been the face of rangers for the past couple of seasons and has been a great servant to the club and for that i thank im but sice he returned from the EPL he never quite got back to the same standard .Hopefully he will leave with some dignity but i know he wont leave until he has won one final league with rangers

barry has been the face of rangers for the past couple of seasons and has been a great servant to the club and for that i thank im but sice he returned from the EPL he never quite got back to the same standard .Hopefully he will leave with some dignity but i know he wont leave until he has won one final league with rangers

Oh shit, he could be here for some time then (td)

Guest The Brown Brogue

That shouldn't be his choice to make.

Barry doesn't offer anything anymore. I've always been a Barry supporter but he offers the team very little nowadays.

He doesn't have the engine of Davis

He doesn't have the tackling of Thomson

He no longer posses the vision or the passing ability of skill of a Mendes

I'd still have him in the team before Adam and McCulloch but we are choking for a straight 4 in the middle right now with Thomo being injured.

Aaron/Novo/Beasely...... Mendes.......... Davis......... Novo/Burke/Aaron

Would do me.

You can only fool the fans for so long but reality will always come about and the reality is he should be nowhere NEAR the first team. Hes been past it for a good few years now in all honesty.

He was AWFUL at the weekend, i barely seen him on the pitch. He was simply a passenger. So many rubbish passes. What summed him up was during the 2nd half. He goes to play a pass to switch play across goal and i think it was Samaras who comes out and just takes his pass and holds onto it and goes forward with it. That sums him up now.

We keep hearing the excuses that he's not fully fit but he's had about 10 games where he's played the full match. If he wasn't fit, he should have been nowhere near the first team.

The injury to Thomson should have meant moving Davis to his natural position or playing our £2.7m summer signing Edu. Even Hemdani could have came back into the team.

I'm fed up of hearing excuses for him.

The ball to Boyd to put him 1-on-1 with Borat

The ball to Miller that led to him being hauled down by Caldwell

Those passes came from whom?

What about the rest of the match?

2nd to nearly every ball, got in people's way, caught out of position, moaned, wayward passes, slowed the play right down, struggled against Robson, Hartley and Brown, certainly did not lead by example - the Mendes, Thompson and Brown situation is an example....he was posted missing yet again.

We keep hearing the excuses that he's not fully fit but he's had about 10 games where he's played the full match. If he wasn't fit, he should have been nowhere near the first team.

The injury to Thomson should have meant moving Davis to his natural position or playing our £2.7m summer signing Edu. Even Hemdani could have came back into the team.

People using that excuse are having a laugh.

Lets all just admit it, hes now crap. End of.

The ball to Boyd to put him 1-on-1 with Borat

The ball to Miller that led to him being hauled down by Caldwell

Those passes came from whom?

Yes, fair enough. Very decent passes but nothing I wouldn't expect from a half decent midfield player. Of course you'll always be able to pick out instances like that with any player (and of course ignore the missed placed passes and tackles avoided) but you need to look at it in the round. Ferguson is simply not good enough to recieve the special status he does and it has become damaging to the side IMO.

People using that excuse are having a laugh.

Lets all just admit it, hes now crap. End of.

(td)

The moment that summed up Ferguson's decline for me was when he picked the ball up in the left centre midfield role and cut infield with the intention of trying to spray a ball to the opposite flank.

He got in compltely wrong by failing to get the right bend on the ball, it was dully intercepted by Brown.

Five, no wait, three years ago that would have been a bread and butter pass for Ferguson.

He got in compltely wrong by failing to get the right bend on the ball, it was dully intercepted by Brown.

Rubbish - the pitch was dodgy and Davis never gave him the right angle to play it into :D

The moment that summed up Ferguson's decline for me was when he picked the ball up in the left centre midfield role and cut infield with the intention of trying to spray a ball to the opposite flank.

Five, no wait, three years ago that would have been a bread and butter pass for Ferguson.

One misplaced pass?

That could have been any footballer in the world

What about his through ball to miller, more than made up for it

Not really sure about Baz at the moment. Always been a huge supporter of him. However... he needs to realize that he is not the player he was. He's past it. I thank him for his service... but he needs to go (retire).

He's nowhere close to even the injured Barry of last season. No focus, poor passes, poor tackling. And.. letting that arse Samaras take the piss out of him at IBROX with his (fake) ball throwing antics said it all for me. He himself has had enough.

So... time to retire Barry. Of course, play the rest of the season, stay out of the way, and retire with some dignity.

back our captain ! :rangers: