Jordan McMillan to Accies

disgruntled_bear

Hamilton have made a bold bid to sign highly rated Gers reserve star Jordan McMillan in a six month loan deal.

Accies boss Billy Reid is desperate to bolster his squad for their relegation scrap.

And McMillan has been targeted as the man to help keep the club in the top flight.

The 20-year-old is one of the most promising youngsters on the books at Ibrox.

McMillan has yet to make his first-team debut but is a regular on the bench as one of the under-21 players.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...icle2081746.ece

I'm both gutted and happy about this news.

I have been calling for him to step into the RB position for almost 2 months now. He's the best option at the club and he'll show that at Hamilton.

Billy Reid has a problem at RB and he isn't scared to give younger players a game. I really hope McMillan shows us and the SPL what he's all about and comes back to Rangers and makes the RB position his own.

A great chance for him - show the sauras what your all about (tu)

I have been calling for him to step into the RB position for almost 2 months now. He's the best option at the club and he'll show that at Hamilton.

Billy Reid has a problem at RB and he isn't scared to give younger players a game. I really hope McMillan shows us and the SPL what he's all about and comes back to Rangers and makes the RB position his own.

or win a permanent move to hamilton :anguish:

or win a permanent move to hamilton :anguish:

and we probably re-sign himfor a few million

fantastic move for the lad and rangers, as long as he is given a run...he needs game time so we can see what he is all about, there would be no point him going to hamilton to warm the bench...think it would be a great move, they dont really have any solid rb

He should be given a run inmour 1st team - especially after witnessing the performances of Broadfoot and Whittaker!

Thats a bit harsh. Broadfoot hasnt let us down playing at Right Back. Hes just had a couple of questionable performances at Centre Half recently... IMO not helped by Davie Weir clearly being past his best.

Better he goes, struggles a couple of games, then gets in his stride for them than us. And comes back as our number 2 next season. Nice to see people have realised he is a RB not a CB too haha

I agree what you said about Whittaker mate, not sure about Broadfoot, hes not exciting, but, solid enough, but Whittaker has been so bad its not funny.

I have always been impressed with him at right back in the reserves and felt he should have had his chance last season.

He will not get a chance to play for us and this is a step to get him off our books unless Walter has changed his philosophy about youth progression to the first team; if he was going to be part of our future he would have been given his chance and he is now over Walters "if they have not been playing first team football by 20 they have no future at the club" ( told to me by one of our youth coach in his previous time at the club).

I agree with this sentiment, it would give him experience at a club that's going through a more difficult time than us, even though I would prefer it if he was given the chance to play for us.

hopefully get some good first team experience and can be our rb next year. Whittaker has been awful this year and broadfoot isnt that much better. Think i would rather give him a chance for us right now though. I think he could be our rb for the rest of the season. Cant be any worse than whittaker

Rangers defender joins Accies on loan for rest of season

Dec 31 2008 by Andrew McGilvray, Hamilton Advertiser

HAMILTON have agreed a deal to sign Rangers reserve captain Jordan McMillan on loan until the end of the season.

The versatile Glasgow-born defender is expected to go straight into Saturday’s squad against Aberdeen.

And Accies have been given further good news as Reid is hopeful that influential defender Mark McLaughlin could also return to the squad after a back injury kept him out of Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at the hands of St Mirren.

Reid said: “Jordan is 20 years old, is very versatile and has played in numerous positions.

“He captains Rangers reserves, and can play at full-back, centre-back or in midfield.

“He’s a young, hungry Scottish player and is one of a posse of players we’re interested in.

“I’m delighted to have him at the club. He is hungry and has a desire to do well.

“He’s a young boy with no first-team experience but that isn’t a concern for me as we pride ourselves in bringing through the best talent we can.”

On McLaughlin’s progress, Reid said: “I’m hopeful that he will make it for Saturday’s squad. That would be a major bonus for us, especially with Alex Neil suspended for the games against Aberdeen and Inverness.”

McMillan is one of around a dozen names given to chairman Ronnie MacDonald, and Reid is hopeful of further bolstering his squad as the month-long transfer window opens again on Thursday.

He said: “I’ve got 12 names on a list but whether we can attract them to New Douglas Park remains to be seen. I’ve got a budget to work with and it won’t be for the want of trying. We have finances to bring players in and we will be trying all the way up to the end of the window.”

Hamilton now face a tricky triple-header with a Homecoming Scottish Cup fourth round tie at Ross County in between back-to-back home league clashes with Aberdeen and Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Acknowledging where his priority lies, Reid is focusing on those league matches.

Hamilton’s home form has been decent of late, with crucial wins over Kilmarnock and Motherwell in their last two New Douglas Park encounters – both with the added bonus of clean sheets – and Reid hopes to keep that going.

However, he knows the Dons will be gunning for revenge following Accies’ 2-1 win at Pittodrie in September.

He said: “Aberdeen will come to our place looking for revenge but we feel we can give anybody a game at New Douglas Park.

“We’ve proved that already with excellent performances in the games against Celtic and Rangers, so why not Aberdeen?

“If we play to our potential, we can win the game.”

Reid said the absence of captain Neil and influential stopper McLaughlin was a major factor in the defeat at Paisley.

He also felt it was strange to play the match on a frost-covered pitch, a point that was echoed by rival boss Gus MacPherson.

Reid said: “The players didn’t do enough and we’re disappointed in how we played.

“It wasn’t pretty and the conditions weren’t great – it was a strange, strange park to play football on for both sides.

“We didn’t get high enough up the field at times and we didn’t win the battle in the midfield.”

Reid added: “To lose Alex and Marko was a big blow. I don’t know if we can handle that in the SPL.

“Alex Neil had a problem last week and played through it but he wasn’t quite right and we weren’t taking a chance on him.

“He plays a huge part in the whole shape of the team and helps the younger boys through when things are going against them and it was clear that we missed that. We tried to keep things together and James McArthur was in there working hard, but he’s only 21 years old.

“St Mirren won the battle in the middle of the park and the goal looked like coming, although I must say I thought we defended stoutly. However, I have no complaints because we didn’t do enough, and the players know that.

Reid said: “Jordan is 20 years old, is very versatile and has played in numerous positions.

“He captains Rangers reserves, and can play at full-back, centre-back or in midfield.

:unsure: That sounds like a Walter tip-off!

"Yeah, no problem, you can have him. Just remember... he plays up front too!"