Gers put £7.5m price on McGregor, Tuffey in?

adamlafferty

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers will ask £7.5million for goalkeeper Allan McGregor if English Premier League clubs seek to lure him away from Scotland.

The Ibrox No 1 is the most valuable remaining asset in Walter Smith's squad and is expected to attract offers during the January transfer window.

Rangers will not want to part with McGregor cheaply but, with no European income following the Champions League calamity in Kaunas, a significant bid could prove tempting.

The 26-year-old signed a new five-year contract last summer which runs to 2013 and therefore helps hold up his transfer market value.

Fellow Scotland cap Neil Alexander is already in situ as a capable deputy and there have been indications that Smith's scouting staff are checking out other keepers, including Partick Thistle's Northern Ireland international Jonny Tuffey....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...r.html?ITO=1490

Nobody will pay 7.5 million for McGregor.

there have been indications that Smith's scouting staff are checking out other keepers, including Partick Thistle's Northern Ireland international Jonny Tuffey.

While Tuffy is a talented young keeper, I think it would be very bold to expect him to make the step up from Partick Thistle to Rangers.

Nacho Novo being linked with Real Madrid.

Alan McGregor being linked with a multi million move to one of the EPL's big spenders.

Berra talk.

Fletcher talk.

God, i've missed the transfer window. :rolleyes:

Weren't Tottenham willing to pay £9 for him in the summer?

9 quid?!

ha

alexander is our true number 1

Nah.

IF we manage to sell McGregor for £7.5 million, we can buy a decent keeper, and also some creative players, it would be worth it!

The sale of Cuellar got us a few good players.

It might be bad though, as it would boost his ego even further!

If only but if we sold McGregor then we would have to go out and buy a new number 1 - I wouldn't feel confident with Alexander as our number 1.

I think that Alexander is a more than capable deputy, he was certainly getting the shout from most on here when McGregor was/is having his collywobbles.

I just wouldn't feel confident with Alexander as our number 1.

Nor would I Muff.

With that money, we'd be able to bring in a good goalkeeper from the EPL, some of the sub goalkeepers are good aswell!

We'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

If I was Martin Bain I'd be begging an EPL side to make an offer for McGregor.

There are a number of keepers who are not only better than McGregor, but also a number who don't carry the same baggage that he does.

My choice would be Bogdan Lobont as he's better at organsing and commanding his box, has better distribution and would be availble for less than we would recieve for McGregor.

OMG!!! Just a bit harsh lads!

This time last year we all thought McGregor was worth over 9 mill because Sunderland paid that for Gordon!!

the man just needs to regain the confidence of last year...he is an outstanding keeper when he is on top form, last year before his injury proved that.