Rangers Target a £10 million Saving in January

contacts

My post from sunday night;

" If we were offered £5 million it would be accepted in a flash but there is no way Ferguson would leave again; he tried the big bad world away from home and didn't like it.

On a different tack; I would not at all be surprised if we have circulated the availability of most of our players. "

The fact that Newcastle suddenly showed interest in 4 of our players would not be because they were so impressed with our form and style of play that our players became targets, more likely that we have again circulated english clubs with players available.

I know that the club was touting Boyd and Hemdani this time last year but didn,t get the offers wanted.

Big earners are Ferguson, Hemdani, Mendes, Davis,Bougherra while McGregor got a new deal last year so we may not have seen the last fire sale.

IMO

McGregor will be here for a while yet

Hemdani will stick around to pick up his wages

Bougherra will be offski (we seem to be doing this a lot with central defenders- Boumsong, Cuellar...)

Ferguson will not leave Rangers unless forced to do so

Davis will not be sold

Mendes seems happy enough here but who knows

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am lost for words at the state of our club.

Does it even feel like our club any more?

I feel like we pay to watch and support, but they just get on with their own thing.

It certainly is grim times.

I really fear for where the club is heading but there is little we can do at this present time.

This also makes the tuning down of 1.5million for McCulloch in the summer into a right balls up . :(

Consistency .

Celtic have had near enough the same team for past 3 years .

And we have a compeletly different squad each year <cr>:rolleyes:

They've stuck with McManus, Naylor, Wilson, Boruc, McGeady and Nakamura. Castlemilk too. All of them have been there for at least 3 years if not more.

I can't think of many of our current players bar Ferguson who have been here for 3 years now?

I think you might just have nailed a major problem we have.

My post from sunday night;

" If we were offered £5 million it would be accepted in a flash but there is no way Ferguson would leave again; he tried the big bad world away from home and didn't like it.

On a different tack; I would not at all be surprised if we have circulated the availability of most of our players. "

The fact that Newcastle suddenly showed interest in 4 of our players would not be because they were so impressed with our form and style of play that our players became targets, more likely that we have again circulated english clubs with players available.

I know that the club was touting Boyd and Hemdani this time last year but didn,t get the offers wanted.

Big earners are Ferguson, Hemdani, Mendes, Davis,Bougherra while McGregor got a new deal last year so we may not have seen the last fire sale.

IMO

McGregor will be here for a while yet

Hemdani will stick around to pick up his wages

Bougherra will be offski (we seem to be doing this a lot with central defenders- Boumsong, Cuellar...)

Ferguson will not leave Rangers unless forced to do so

Davis will not be sold

Mendes seems happy enough here but who knows

I agree that Ferguson will not go unless forced out and possibly Hemdani will stick around but I am sure that we are trying to offload as many first team squad players as possible especially the highest earners. The urgency which Smith seems to want to offload McMillan, Furman and other youngsters at this time, however, baffles me.

I would like to know where people get information like this from

Not saying your wrong or anything but were do you get it from

The name speaks for itself.

I dread reading his threads in the Bears Den sometimes :lol:

The club I truly love is in 1 sorry state and I don't know how much more misery our fans will have to suffer, it rips me inside!! A continual exodus of the clubs top players. To sell our top scorer with 18 games to go in a championship race we must win stinks of a major financial crisis, a chairman with a dwindling interest in Glasgow Rangers IMO! I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see either Bougherra, Ferguson or Mendes follow Boyd out the door!

I am fearful of what will be left of the squad come 2nd February and I think it's time SDM offered a full explanation NOW!!!!

Me too. I said at the time the Kaunas farce undid all the good work of last season in a stroke and set the club back years.

It was a totally unacceptable performance due in part to a terrible summer recruitment policy and Walter should have got the bullet then and there.

If this is the case we're screwed.

Any club bidding for our players will offer a pittance and just hold out for a few days as they know we are desperate to sell and will just accept their offer.

I'd say we're now looking at:

Boyd - 3.75

Bougherra - 4

Mcgregor - 3

To make up the 10 million.

Who knows what else on top of that. Maybe the Mendes to Newcastle for 1.5 million isn't so far fetched after all, could this be his release clause?

I'm dreading this transfer window I really am :(

Obviously I'd prefer to lose the deadwood, but it wouldn't break my heart if all 3 of them were punted. I prefer Alexander anyway.

Bougherra? Would you rather see Wier and Big Kirk? Are you insane?

I don't want to sound naive but surely the money we earned from last year would've covered this year ? We made something like £25 million last year plus selling Hutton and Cuellar for £17 million. What about the £18 million we got from JJB up front ?

I don't want to sound naive but surely the money we earned from last year would've covered this year ? We made something like £25 million last year plus selling Hutton and Cuellar for £17 million. What about the £18 million we got from JJB up front ?

We'll never know.

I for 1 believe contacts.

If the bids come in we'll sell so don't be surprised to see this team

Alexander

Whitty

Broadfoot

Weir

Papac

Burke

Dailly

Hemdani

McCulloch

Miller

Lafferty

come February cos if we're paid enough Mendes,Bougherra,McGregor,Boyd,Beasley,Novo and Davis will be gone...maybe even ferguson if we push him.

Welcome to our very own sack the board period.....welcome to complete Celtic dominance for the coming seasons and watch season ticket sales drop and half empty Ibrox next season...

Not having a go at you mate but I hear this type of comment all this time from our (and their) fans. "We made x from season tickets, y from players sales so we should have z to spend." If only life and finances were so simple. My mortgage is x, my loans are y and I earn z - so why the f*** am I skint all the time?

Not trying to defend SDM or put the boot in but my view is that they want success same as us. Ok the motives may be different (glory v cash) but as the two are linked you would have to say that we wouldn't be selling if we didn't have to.

thanks for the info, im really worried about the state of Rangers however i do also understand the effects of getting knocked out of Europe and the credit crunch, i really think about 8 of the lesser players could be sold to make 10million though.

Gow 500,000

Dailly FREE

Hemdani 1.5million

Adam 1.5million

Burke 500,000

Greame Smith 250,000

S. Smith, 500,000

L. McCulloch 1million

Novo 2 million

Velicka 1million

Thats about nine or something but 10million is achievable

Rangers have a target saving of £10 million over the month of January. Every player in the squad has a price and if clubs match this price then that player will be allowed to leave. The club have a number of cost cutting targets right through the club. An example of this is the number of youth players that are being loaned out to reduce the wage bill. The AC Milan game has been arranged to raise funds.

After spending up to £18 million in the summer on players (although we sold Cuellar) and the disastrous result in Europe the club know that the financial situation must be resolved.

As well as Boyd going to Birmingham for £3.75 million Bougherra will also be leaving the club this month with a number of clubs interested. Bougherra and the club are both happy for the player to move on.

Although Walter would rather lose Hemdani, Burke, McCulloch etc there has been no great interest from clubs to buy them. In fact Hemdani is not interested in leaving due to the favourable salary he has at Ibrox.

Any incoming transfers will be based on loan deals unless the deal is for a nominal fee.

This is the credit crunch football style.

I'll now put my tin hat on.........

Cheers for the info mate

God save Rangers :(

Surely Murray should know that keeping these players for an extra 6 months will win us the league and we will gain automatic entry to Champions League <cr> he's practically giving away the league again in January.

???????????????????????????????????????????????? <cr>

Optimism eh! during a fire sale too.