Rangers Target a £10 million Saving in January

contacts

thanks for the info, im really worried about the state of Rangers however i do also understand the effects of getting knocked out of Europe and the credit crunch, i really think about 8 of the lesser players could be sold to make 10million though.

Gow 500,000

Dailly FREE

Hemdani 1.5million

Adam 1.5million

Burke 500,000

Greame Smith 250,000

S. Smith, 500,000

L. McCulloch 1million

Novo 2 million

Velicka 1million

Thats about nine or something but 10million is achievable

Adam £1.5m.......have you fell on your head???

The problem is no-one wants these guys that's why Boyd,Ferguson and Bogherra are going.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam £1.5m.......have you fell on your head???

The problem is no-one wants these guys that's why Boyd,Ferguson and Bogherra are going.

I think he meant that we need to pay someone £1.5m to take Adam :anguish:

How the hell we are going to win the league if we sell three of our starting 11 without making any efforts to find replacements... <cr>

Aye,Alexander will replace McGregor,and Boyd will be replaced by Naismith/Lafferty.But in defence we are totally fucked! Poor LB,poor RB and very old CB....

Fuck off WS and you SDM! :angry2:

Rangers have a target saving of £10 million over the month of January. Every player in the squad has a price and if clubs match this price then that player will be allowed to leave. The club have a number of cost cutting targets right through the club. An example of this is the number of youth players that are being loaned out to reduce the wage bill. The AC Milan game has been arranged to raise funds.

After spending up to £18 million in the summer on players (although we sold Cuellar) and the disastrous result in Europe the club know that the financial situation must be resolved.

As well as Boyd going to Birmingham for £3.75 million Bougherra will also be leaving the club this month with a number of clubs interested. Bougherra and the club are both happy for the player to move on.

Although Walter would rather lose Hemdani, Burke, McCulloch etc there has been no great interest from clubs to buy them. In fact Hemdani is not interested in leaving due to the favourable salary he has at Ibrox.

Any incoming transfers will be based on loan deals unless the deal is for a nominal fee.

This is the credit crunch football style.

I'll now put my tin hat on.........

It is not you that should be wearing a tin hat mate - it's Murray & Bain.

If the financial situation is that bad why are the players not taking wage cuts, after all they are not delivering on the pitch.

Same goes for that b*stard Bain.

Can someone explain to me the money made from

1) The Hutton sale

2) The European run

3) The Cuellar sale

4) The Cousin/Sebo sales

5) Season Book money etc

that we have had in during the past 12 months? Surely this lot covers our summer signings and the Euro black hole or am I missing something?

1) The Hutton sale

2) The European run

3) The Cuellar sale

4) The Cousin/Sebo sales

5) Season Book money etc

that we have had in during the past 12 months? Surely this lot covers our summer signings and the Euro black hole or am I missing something?

Maybe it's all been given to Walter.

He's promptly pissed a lot of money down the pan.

Murrays mismanagement FORCED him to absolve the debt into MIH by putting Rangers into the group-The group have nearly 700M debt & are being squeezed by the bank tho the group were reputedly worth 1.1 Billion a year ago the full worth is probably nearer the £700M now or less-No more money in overdrafts/loans.

What bank in this climate would give MIH any more money.The price of steel since the Olympics has crashed & Mad Vlads Aluminium smelter is struggling & paying off workers in Bosnia(This was the money which was keeping HMFC afloat) since he has told the Bosnian Gov he will shut the plant & let 1500 go jobless if they continue their crusade against him & MAKE HIM PAY TAX-which he doesnt as he says the companys who owns its offshore & isnt Bosnian.

MIH deal more in business property than steel nowadays. The MIM operations were sold off a couple of years ago.

Frankie

He has sold off MIM but then bought all these other Steel companies -many in England-& has made them more money than the previous MIM.Read an article on it but steel is down mega bucks from when they were making plenty a year ago.

Even if he is in business property more now-look how many are going bust & who in their right mind would start a business now.

I will try & re-grab the article

1) The Hutton sale

2) The European run

3) The Cuellar sale

4) The Cousin/Sebo sales

5) Season Book money etc

All of the money raised from the sale of Cuellar, Cousin and Sebo were given to Walter Smith in the summer, which he has spent very unwisely to say the least.

The cash from the European run last season and the JJB deal was put to balancing the money spent by Walter Smith last season along with financing wages and running costs. I am sure the money from the Hutton sale was reinvested in the team aswell.

All in all it is safe to say that the above money is no longer there and yet we are still in reall financial trouble. Thus we are once again having to sell our to players in order to supress a rapidly rising debt.

All of the money raised from the sale of Cuellar, Cousin and Sebo were given to Walter Smith in the summer, which he has spent very unwisely to say the least.

The cash from the European run last season and the JJB deal was put to balancing the money spent by Walter Smith last season along with financing wages and running costs. I am sure the money from the Hutton sale was reinvested in the team aswell.

All in all it is safe to say that the above money is no longer there and yet we are still in reall financial trouble. Thus we are once again having to sell our to players in order to supress a rapidly rising debt.

Walter's hopeless transfer policy has cost us dearest in my eyes.

Walter's hopeless transfer policy has cost us dearest in my eyes.

It most certainly has. The £10 million we would have recieved for reaching the Champions League would have kept us from having to sell any players this season, not getting there coupled with the fact that he spent a further £10 million on players in the summer, has left us in a very bad financial position.

I believe we were slightly in the red before the start of this season but now consider the fact that we have lost around £20 million already this season alone, due to the above, not to mention running costs, players wages or general losses, we now have accumulated something close to a £30 million loss already this season. The JJB money certainly won't address that, nor will season ticket sales.

All that can be done now to balance the books a little is sell our biggest assets, the players. :(

I hate to say it, but the future is bleak.

I won't hold my breath, but maybe Walter will play some of the youth players.

:lol:

That was a joke, right? :unsure:

It is clear that SDM has given up on winning the league this year. Is he doing this because the club is in a precarious financial position? Is he forced to net £10m in January to keep us afloat (ok, a bit dramatic, but could we be in more financial trouble than we think)?

I'm concerned :(

That was a joke, right? :unsure:

It is clear that SDM has given up on winning the league this year. Is he doing this because the club is in a precarious financial position? Is he forced to net £10m in January to keep us afloat (ok, a bit dramatic, but could we be in more financial trouble than we think)?

I'm concerned :(

Sadly it was a joke :anguish:

We must be in far worse condition than it appears if we are happily selling our top goal scorer half way during the season.

I thnk Contacts' post is entirely believable. After all, there IS a bona-fide offer for Boyd -- and it will increase. So he will go. Bougherra will also go. Anyone surprised?

The interesting one will be for Barry IF an offer is made. Clearly, he's out of contract in the summer, so any money for him needs to be looked at seriously. Would he go though?

Any decent offer for anyone and they're out. Simply put, we're bleeding money and it has to be fixed :-(

I thnk Contacts' post is entirely believable. After all, there IS a bona-fide offer for Boyd -- and it will increase. So he will go. Bougherra will also go. Anyone surprised?

The interesting one will be for Barry IF an offer is made. Clearly, he's out of contract in the summer, so any money for him needs to be looked at seriously. Would he go though?

Any decent offer for anyone and they're out. Simply put, we're bleeding money and it has to be fixed :-(

I thought his contract was until 2010, but a couple of people have said this now. Anyone who is really in the know care to enlighten us?