Peter Lovenkrands - Released by Schalke

bukket

ok, how about this one then, we keep boyd, ship maybe bougie especially for 5m , get rid of few more shite, ie adam, mculloch. for all the wee teams let boydie do his thing, then come celtic, and the big european games we replace with lovenkrands then everyones happy lol lol lol

It could happen.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any truth in the possibility of him returning?

Seemingly he would love to come back,but to do so he would have to take a drastic cut in wages.(ala Kenny Miller)

I would take him back if we could afford him,but only to play up the middle.

He's free and he can do a job on the left wing if needed. IMO he is better on the left than what he have already. Admittedly having only seen 15 minutes of Aaron, I cannot make a judgement on him.

Peter Lovenkrands is willing to accept a token wage to return to Rangers after being released by Schalke 04.

Lovenkrands returned to his Glasgow home yesterday with his wife and child and has been offered training facilities at Murray Park by the manager, Walter Smith.

Rangers have consistently ruled out a return for the attacker for financial reasons but sources close to the Dane last night claimed he is prepared to reject all interested parties - Blackburn Rovers, West Ham United, Villarreal and Marseille - to stay in Scotland.

advertisement

The 28-year-old earned £40,000 per week at Schalke and has received a severance package for the remaining six months of his contract. He has made around £5m in total since joining Rangers from AB Copenhagen in 1999 and, while he could earn around £20,000 per week elsewhere, he will make it known to Rangers that he will accept a rate of pay in line with lower-ranking first-team players in order to stay in Glasgow for the sake of his family Lovenkrands admitted his regret at leaving Rangers despite the Germans doubling his salary. "There have been times when I have wondered what would have happened if I had stayed on and then had the chance to work under Walter Smith, Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall, all of whom I know are good men," he said. "I was not to know things were going to work out the way they have. That is hard to take at times."

Lovenkrands would be welcomed back by the majority of the Rangers support and could provide a cost-effective solution to the left midfield problem. Charlie Adam has been told he can leave, Lee McCulloch is attracting interest from Ipswich Town, Rangers will listen to offers for winger DaMarcus Beasley while Kyle Lafferty, who is out with a knee injury, will be given a run up front when he recovers.

Peter Lovenkrands is willing to accept a token wage to return to Rangers after being released by Schalke 04.

Lovenkrands returned to his Glasgow home yesterday with his wife and child and has been offered training facilities at Murray Park by the manager, Walter Smith.

Rangers have consistently ruled out a return for the attacker for financial reasons but sources close to the Dane last night claimed he is prepared to reject all interested parties - Blackburn Rovers, West Ham United, Villarreal and Marseille - to stay in Scotland.

advertisement

The 28-year-old earned £40,000 per week at Schalke and has received a severance package for the remaining six months of his contract. He has made around £5m in total since joining Rangers from AB Copenhagen in 1999 and, while he could earn around £20,000 per week elsewhere, he will make it known to Rangers that he will accept a rate of pay in line with lower-ranking first-team players in order to stay in Glasgow for the sake of his family Lovenkrands admitted his regret at leaving Rangers despite the Germans doubling his salary. "There have been times when I have wondered what would have happened if I had stayed on and then had the chance to work under Walter Smith, Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall, all of whom I know are good men," he said. "I was not to know things were going to work out the way they have. That is hard to take at times."

Lovenkrands would be welcomed back by the majority of the Rangers support and could provide a cost-effective solution to the left midfield problem. Charlie Adam has been told he can leave, Lee McCulloch is attracting interest from Ipswich Town, Rangers will listen to offers for winger DaMarcus Beasley while Kyle Lafferty, who is out with a knee injury, will be given a run up front when he recovers.

get him signed, if hes going to knock back the EPL for the SPL then thats commitment imo, not a bad player at all, we know what he can do.

PETER LOVENKRANDS would be set to take a substantial pay cut to pave the way for a return to Rangers.

As exclusively revealed in SportTimes, Lovenkrands was made a free agent by Schalke 04 and wasted no time in making his regret on leaving Rangers in 2006 public.

The Dane has now returned to his Glasgow home with his wife and child and has been offered training facilities at Murray Park by Rangers manager Walter Smith.

advertisement

After having made around £5million spanning his arrival at Ibrox from AB Copenhagen in 1999 and his near £40,000-per-week stint at Schalke, sources close to the flying Dane have made it known he would accept a pay deal in line with fringe players to secure a dream return to Ibrox.

That would see the 28-year-old snub interest from English Premiership outfits Hull City, Blackburn Rovers, Wigan, West Ham and Fulham, and from Spain where Real Betis and Villarreal would be keen to hand Lovenkrands a £20,000-per-week pay packet.

Meanwhile, former Ranger Ross McCormack has revealed how he helped smooth the way for Chris Burke's £150,000 departure to Cardiff City.

Burke returned to Cardiff today where he will finalise his move to the Bluebirds after agreeing personal terms yesterday on an £8,000-per-week basic deal with only a couple of minor aspects of his medical to be concluded.

And McCormack revealed: "The gaffer had a word with me about Chris because he wondered about his attitude since he had been out the picture for a while at Rangers.

"I just told him right away that Burkey's attitude had been great. I think Chris can be a real star in this league down here."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa..._to_rangers.php

Would love to take the guy back obviously, but we need to get rid of some of the shite players, apparently Burke has joined Cardiff, but theres nothing on Rangers or Cardiff's website to say he has. Adam, McCulloch, Hemdani could atleast get us atleast 1.5M in a fee and 45k in wages.

advertisement

Noooooooo please not on the left wing, he was much better up front. He would be rotten on the left.

That part worries me. If he is to come then I want him to play as a striker not at left mid.