Peter Lovenkrands - Released by Schalke

bukket

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite his shortcomings in the so called 'lesser' games, he was a big game player and at this moment in time that is something that we are seriously lacking.

It also appears that Lovenkrands has realised that 'you don't know what you've got til it's gone' and if you couple that with the fact that he is older and probably more mature now I think I would take him back.

Velicka, Lafferty or Lovenkrands?

It's an absolute no brainer for me.

It's the temptation that Smith will have to deploy him as a winger that worries me.

If he was brought in as a squad striker then i'd happy enough. Whilst not an out and out replacement for Cousin, he's a striker you could rely on to hurt Celtic.

Who would Smith replace though? Miller, or Boyd?

If you take Smith's love for Miller out of the equation I think that Lovenkrands would push Miller very close for a starting spot beside Boyd

Maybe Smith would get adventurous and play a 433 :craphead: Miller, Boyd and Lovenpants

Then again maybe Celtic will stop flying the tricolour..

Shock!

Mcboyd has a go at Walter Smith!

Gelsenkirchen, Germany - Schalke 04 have released striker Peter Loevenkrands three days after banishing the Danish international to the reserves. The German Bundesliga club said Wednesday the player's contract until the end of the season had been terminated "by mutual agreement."

Club general manager Andreas Mueller said Loevenkrands, 28, was a top-quality striker with a good character "but unfortunately things did not work out with us over the last half year."

On Sunday, coach Fred Rutten banished Loevenkrands and midfielder Albert Streit to the reserves after they had both expressed a wish to leave the club.

Loevenkrands joined Schalke in summer 2006 on a free transfer from Glasgow Rangers and scored six goals in 44 games for the club. However injuries have prevented him playing this season.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/24...rt-company.html

six goals in 44 games thats a worse strike than kenny miller ffs. Injuries have prevented him playing this season. Aye exactly what we need. Had one good half season for us and that was it. No thanks

six goals in 44 games thats a worse strike than kenny miller ffs. Injuries have prevented him playing this season. Aye exactly what we need. Had one good half season for us and that was it. No thanks

aye but hes been played on the wing. pistol pete having medical at ross hall as we speak , it will end in march.

Good player, if he came back with a point to prove and cost nothing then i don't see the harm in giving it a go. On his day he's a match winner and thats what we need... along with a central defender or possibly two, two wingers, a deadball specailist, someone to take the midfield by the scruff o the neck.... <cr>

Would love to see him back.

Score 57 goals for us in 120 appearance, not bad to be honest considering he was played out of position some times. Not forgetting that last minute winner against celtic and that cracker against villareal.

We are not in a position to say no when you consider what other shit we are linked with at the moment....

I dont think he's really in a position to ask for huge wages, and no transfer fee at this point in time is a huge bonus.

Despite what people say, when utilised correctly, he was a very effective striker. For free i'd take him.