Cardiff close on Rangers' Burke

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7816816.stm

Cardiff close on Rangers' Burke

Burke could be a replacement for the departed Wayne Routledge

Rangers winger Chris Burke is expected to undergo a medical on Thursday pending a transfer to Cardiff City.

The 25-year-old, who has two Scotland caps, is a former player of the year at Ibrox, but illness and injury have restricted his recent appearances.

Burke had a rare first-team outing against Inverness at the weekend but is thought to be close to agreeing a move.

The Bluebirds have refused to comment on the possible move, which could be worth around £150,000.

Cardiff are looking to quickly replace loan signing Wayne Routledge, who left Ninian Park for QPR last week.

606: DEBATE

Is Burke the right man to replace Routledge?

Rangers are known to be off-loading fringe players after an early exit from European football.

Burke, who is out of contract in the summer, has made just two substitute appearances for Rangers this season, meaning a move to Championship high-fliers Cardiff could appeal to him.

I'm no big fan of Burke, but £150k? IS THAT IT?

On what basis is Burke, who is injury prone, often very poor, just recovering from injury and hardly featured for us for two years, worth any more than £150k?

To be honest i'd rather he went for free, seeing him go for £150k from a team like us is just embarrassing.

Why? Your head's in the clouds son!

In the clouds? What are you on about?

Theres worse players at Killie and Hearts that would go for more, just because the club would demand more.

Murray is selling boyd only to 'balance the books', 150k will do sod all.

I suppose in fairness we'll be saving on his wages though :D

In the clouds? What are you on about?

Theres worse players at Killie and Hearts that would go for more, just because the club would demand more.

Murray is selling boyd only to 'balance the books', 150k will do sod all.

I suppose in fairness we'll be saving on his wages though :D

We are so skint we are playing friendlies during the season to raise cash and you don’t think we need 150k……bizarre……