How much are rangers in debt?

krisyrfc

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The year end (30th June) debt was £21.6million in the annual figures released in September.

Since then we've spent £11million on players which was largely recouped from the sales of Cuellar and Cousin. Unfortunately being knocked out of Europe so early means our finances will be affected badly. Selling a player (or players) now for around £3-5million will offset that to a degree but costs will have increased (ie wages) so the debt will rise again come June.

It increased by about £7 million despite a £25 million euro run last season. This year we have increased our squad, spent lots of money on very poor players and got nothing from Europe.

At he last annual figures it was £23 million, I honestly think at the next annual results it may be pushing £50 million hence the panic sales from Murray. When you are struggling to make monthly interest payments then things are bad...very very bad.

It increased by about £7 million despite a £25 million euro run last season. This year we have increased our squad, spent lots of money on very poor players and got nothing from Europe.

At he last annual figures it was £23 million, I honestly think at the next annual results it may be pushing £50 million hence the panic sales from Murray. When you are struggling to make monthly interest payments then things are bad...very very bad.

It won't be anywhere near £50million.

It will rise and that places the club under lots of pressure but if he do sell players this month (rightly or wrongly) then any fees and saved costs (wages/bonuses) will ease that pressure.

It shouldn't go above much more than £30million at worst.

However, even at that level, it shows just how important our participation in next year's CL Group Stage is.

That's the sort of thing that a nutjob tim would claim and hope.

It will rise and that places the club under lots of pressure but if he do sell players this month (rightly or wrongly) then any fees and saved costs (wages/bonuses) will ease that pressure.

However, even at that level, it shows just how important our participation in next year's CL Group Stage is.

You must have been reading my mind Oleg :craphead:

We shall see. Murray is in a panic, I think things are way way worse than most people realise. If we finish 2nd which anybody with any real knowledge of football will tell you is more than likely with a manger like Smith in charge, then we have almost zero chance of qualifying for the Champions League due to the new format. If celtic win the league, they will get automatic qualification, and that combined with there financial stability then we are seriously looking at a future 10 years dominated by celtic.

We really are at a crossroads and facing an abyss. The complete incompetance of Murray will soon become very very clear and the consequences shall be dire. Thankfully I ahve been through it all before in the early 80's, but younger fans don't realise what they are about to face.

We shall see. Murray is in a panic, I think things are way way worse than most people realise. If we finish 2nd which anybody with any real knowledge of football will tell you is more than likely with a manger like Smith in charge, then we have almost zero chance of qualifying for the Champions League due to the new format. If celtic win the league, they will get automatic qualification, and that combined with there financial stability then we are seriously looking at a future 10 years dominated by celtic.

We really are at a crossroads and facing an abyss. The complete incompetance of Murray will soon become very very clear and the consequences shall be dire. Thankfully I ahve been through it all before in the early 80's, but younger fans don't realise what they are about to face.

meh

Are you sure you werent through it all in the early 90's :craphead:

they were saying on Clyde that a payment for Lafferty is due :( and that this was also causing probs

10 mill lost when we went out of CL about 7.4 mill wasted on Edu Lafferty and velicka .....17 mill doon the drain

But they didnt tell you on Clyde that a payment for Hutton is due. The joys of kicking a dog when its down (tu)

they were saying on Clyde that a payment for Lafferty is due :( and that this was also causing probs

10 mill lost when we went out of CL about 7.4 mill wasted on Edu Lafferty and velicka .....17 mill doon the drain

But they didnt tell you on Clyde that a payment for Hutton is due. The joys of kicking a dog when its down (tu)

true they are relishing all this....bit like the Vulture Club right now

Perhaps but what is clear is that the club are in financial trouble and no European football next season (of the level required) will be a huge blow which would likely result in another period similar to the last 7 years.

meh

Are you sure you werent through it all in the early 90's :craphead:

They'll be going through it again starting this season.

The wheels will come off that Celtic trolley. It's already started this season with Boruc and McGayDay.

Let's face it. They only won the league because McLiesh and LeGuen messed up badly and last season was purely down the SPL forcing us to play 4 games in the last week, as well as dodgy refereeing. A ref at the lower levels told me that refs are more scared of giving bad results against Celtic, because they've got more and worse bigots, who'll vandalise their homes, spit at or attack their wives and family in the street.

Perhaps but what is clear is that the club are in financial trouble and no European football next season (of the level required) will be a huge blow which would likely result in another period similar to the last 7 years.

I think we're not so badly placed, given that Celtic's wage bill is much higher and they have a hugely inferior quality of player, despite hype over the likes of McGayDay, Borat and NackeredMoron.

I think we're not so badly placed, given that Celtic's wage bill is much higher and they have a hugely inferior quality of player, despite hype over the likes of McGayDay, Borat and NackeredMoron.

You must be living in a fantasy world. Celtics higher wage bill is not a problem for them as their debt is £3 million, their turnover 50% higher than ours and their debt comes down every year thanks to their infinitly superior management. As for us having far better players...do you watch Rangers??? 80% of our squad is complete bollocks.

Celtic are simply a far far better run club financially. Any bear who cannot see this must be stupid.

If celtic spend any reasonable amount of money in January then it will be the nail in our coffin for the next 10 years...our only hope is that their biscuit tin mentality remains.

That is your subjective opinion on their playing staff. They're still 5 points ahead of us, have won the last 3 titles and are more than capable of winning this years and more. Especially with their better financial position which could be as much as £30million or more come the end of the season - league title or not - then they are still placed better than us.

For that to be the case given the opposite situation around 10 years ago is a damning indictment of the current Rangers administration.

I commend your confidence and agree they are not a better team than us but our confidence doesn't change the status quo which is one of current, past and ongoing underperformance from our players and our club.

You must be living in a fantasy world. Celtics higher wage bill is not a problem for them as their debt is £3 million, their turnover 50% higher than ours and therir debt comes down every year thanks to their infinitly superior management. As for us having far better players...do you watch Rangers??? 80% of our squad is complete bollocks.

Celtic are simply a far far better run club financially. Any bear who cannot see this must be stupid.

Their turnover is not 50% higher generally. It may get close to that when they get the CL money and we don't, but we have the higher turnover when it's the other way about.

Also, turnover is misleading since Celtic still pay a lot for the upkeep of their shops and staff whereas Rangers have no retail costs.

So there is little underlying difference, other than £3m for the extra 7,000 cheapo seats at the Gary Glitter Arena.

Also, Celtic's youth players never turn out well, due to the emotional scars from the molestation visited upon them from youth coaches.

As for me being "stupid", I very much doubt there is, has ever been or ever will be, a Celtic fan with an IQ even approaching mine, thus rendering your opinion unqualified.

Their turnover is not 50% higher generally. It may get close to that when they get the CL money and we don't, but we have the higher turnover when it's the other way about.

Also, turnover is misleading since Celtic still pay a lot for the upkeep of their shops and staff whereas Rangers have no retail costs.

So there is little underlying difference, other than £3m for the extra 7,000 cheapo seats at the Gary Glitter Arena.

Also, Celtic's youth players never turn out well, due to the emotional scars from the molestation visited upon them from youth coaches.

As for me being "stupid", I very much doubt there is, has ever been or ever will be, a Celtic fan with an IQ even approaching mine, thus rendering your opinion unqualified.

Then maybe you can explain why celtics debt is £3 million and our is £23 million going on at least £30 million but could be as high as £50 million at the next set of results. You are living in a fantasy world. We have had a higher turnover than celtic once in the last 10 years. In fact, at the next announcment of financial figures, you may well see a turnover from celtic almost doubling ours due to the fact we had no european money this year.

but go on burying your head in the sand...i'm sure that will fix things.

That is your subjective opinion on their playing staff. They're still 5 points ahead of us, have won the last 3 titles and are more than capable of winning this years and more. Especially with their better financial position which could be as much as £30million or more come the end of the season - league title or not - then they are still placed better than us.

For that to be the case given the opposite situation around 10 years ago is a damning indictment of the current Rangers administration.

I commend your confidence and agree they are not a better team than us but our confidence doesn't change the status quo which is one of current, past and ongoing underperformance from our players and our club.

Watch the next few months for concrete evidence of the long-standing "Oleg was right yet again" phenomena.

After that, their wage level will be a major handicap and their fans will walk away.

There were only about 3,000 at Parkhead today, but they reported it as 20,000+.

Also, the recession will hit everyone, but Celtic fans moreso than us, due to the fact that they come from a lower socio-economic strata, limited as they are by their inferior genes, education and culture.

They are a house of cards, waiting to fall in the coming financial storm.

Then maybe you can explain why celtics debt is £3 million and our is £23 million going on at least £30 million but could be as high as £50 million at the next set of results. You are living in a fantasy world. We have had a higher turnover than celtic once in the last 10 years. In fact, at the next announcment of financial figures, you may well see a turnover from celtic almost doubling ours due to the fact we had no european money this year.

but go on burying your head in the sand...i'm sure that will fix things.

Our debt was last reported at £21.6million.

It will not be anywhere near £50million in the summer.

I'd also be surprised if we've only had one higher turnover since 1998.

Please stop the scaremongering and people may take your points more seriously.

Watch the next few months for concrete evidence of the long-standing "Oleg was right yet again" phenomena.

After that, their wage level will be a major handicap and their fans will walk away.

There were only about 3,000 at Parkhead today, but they reported it as 20,000+.

Also, the recession will hit everyone, but Celtic fans moreso than us, due to the fact that they come from a lower socio-economic strata, limited as they are by their inferior genes, education and culture.

They are a house of cards, waiting to fall in the coming financial storm.

either you are a tim or you are on the wind up....if you are a bear then I do apologise as I didn't realise you were having a bit of banter.