It is no wonder that we are in so much of a financial mess

Tontospal

Yesterday's Sun had an article on Ronaldo driving his Bentley after smashing his Ferrari.

It also pictured 5 other players driving Bentleys:

Berbatov and Giggs

McGregor, Miller, Weir

Giggs has been an ever present in the Utd side over the last 18 years or so. A period in which he has become their most successful player and IIRC the most successful player in the history of the English is game. This period has also resulted in 2 CL triumphs.

Berbatov has just signed for one of the biggest clubs in the world, the reigning CL and World Championship holders in a multi million pound deal.

Compare that to our three who are playing for a supposedly 'downsizing' club in a footballing backwater who haven't managed to win the title in the last 3 years.

Weir has never won a top league title in his career.

IIRC Miller and McGregor have won title medals but their contributions have largely been as squad members and not as main players.

I don't have a problem with players being rewarded when they achieve success but there is something very wrong with the current situation at Ibrox where underachieveing players are being handsomely rewarded for being flops.

I totally agree with you, I work in IT and my job is worth about £24000 a year. If my manager was so stupid as to offer me £1 million a year in wages, I would happily sign that contract and buy an amazing car.

Nobody should blame the players for accepting huge wages as we would all do the same.

So you dont think these players deserve to drive fancy cars?

These guys have actually saved up wages to buy these fancy cars. If i save up my wages for the next (long) while and i buy a bently with it i think i deserve it.

So you dont think these players deserve to drive fancy cars?

These guys have actually saved up wages to buy these fancy cars. If i save up my wages for the next (long) while and i buy a bently with it i think i deserve it.

"deserve" is the wrong word...Mcculloch "deserves" a punch in the face. However, the are "entitled" to buy whatever they want and sign whatever contract they want.

Don't even ask me what Charlie Adam "deserves".

Weir's been plying his trade for years in Scotland and England and has been one of our most important players since his arrival.

I don't grudge him driving a nice car at all.

Anyway, I don't buy into all this 'shouldn't drive nice cars' bollocks. If they've made it in life and earned a contract as a pro, drive whatever car you want IMO. I'd do exact fucking same, except I wouldn't buy a Bentley.

Once a contract has been agreed a player can do what they want with THEIR money:whether that is driving a lada or a bentley is up to them.

There was one of the big name foreigners down south on millions, who stuck to his old banger which wasn't much better than said Laid.

Can't remember who it was, though.

Once a contract has been agreed a player can do what they want with THEIR money:whether that is driving a lada or a bentley is up to them.

There was one of the big name foreigners down south on millions, who stuck to his old banger which wasn't much better than said Laid.

Can't remember who it was, though.

Klinsmann.

He continued to drive a Beetle after he signed a mega money deal at Spurs.

You make it out to sound like because they drive the same car that they're on the same rewards, when they're clearly not. Ronaldo can buy a Bentley with a week's wages when Miller can not.

Its a rather churlish point being made here. What are you suggesting, the players get minimum wage unless they win? You cannot drive a good motor unless you earn it? Jim McLean tried that one. If these guys want to spend their wage, regardless of how it is earned, on fancy motors then so what. I would do exactly the same and so would you.

Weir's been plying his trade for years in Scotland and England and has been one of our most important players since his arrival.

Anyway, I don't buy into all this 'shouldn't drive nice cars' bollocks. If they've made it in life and earned a contract as a pro, drive whatever car you want IMO. I'd do exact fucking same, except I wouldn't buy a Bentley.

Exactly.

I'm sure the late,great Davie Cooper didn't drive at all.He relied on getting a lift or getting an all day ticket.

I remeber getting the underground out to Ibrox early doors one matchday, as a teenager & Stuart Munro was sitting opposite us on the carriage.

Even asked him if he was playing that day, to which he replied, he wasnt sure until he got in..

How times have changed.

Giving Chris Burke - £13000 a week, McCulloch £18000 a week - 2 sackable offences on their own in any other business.

Burke was on a basic of £8k. Sadly for most of his contract he wouldn't have got any appearance money or the like.

Of course players are entitled to spend their money on whatever they choose and I couldn't give a toos what sort of cars they drive. That was not the point I was making.

My point is that the club is paying our players far too much for being mere SPL players, and not even championship winners at that.

Our players are being rewarded simply for being Rangers players. By all means reward them for being great players but when the club is in such a financial mess that we are being forced to sell our 'star' players it sickens me to see our players being so well rewarded for being nothing more than second best to an extremely limited celtc side.

"I'd do"

You are, driving mummies left over Merc :lol:

Giving Chris Burke - £13000 a week, McCulloch £18000 a week - 2 sackable offences on their own in any other business.

Burke was on a basic of £8k. Sadly for most of his contract he wouldn't have got any appearance money or the like.

8k a week...f*cking £80 a week would of been robbery.

Poor wee burke on a basic of £416000 a year, oh my heart bleeds for the f@ckinh hopeless sh!te player that he was.

Honestly, our some of out fans completely schitzo or what? How can anyone feel sorry for Burke...he was on a basic of £416000 a year for playing football!!! It costs me £10 a week out my own pocket to play football! Burke is one of the luckiest people on the planet. Do you realise over 800 people starved to death in the Congo last week? Nope, forget that, let's all shed a tear for poor little Burke on his poor little wage of £416000 a year basic...it's a miracle the poor wee ginger bairn made it through the winter!

Yesterday's Sun had an article on Ronaldo driving his Bentley after smashing his Ferrari.

Berbatov and Giggs

McGregor, Miller, Weir

Giggs has been an ever present in the Utd side over the last 18 years or so. A period in which he has become their most successful player and IIRC the most successful player in the history of the English is game. This period has also resulted in 2 CL triumphs.

Berbatov has just signed for one of the biggest clubs in the world, the reigning CL and World Championship holders in a multi million pound deal.

Compare that to our three who are playing for a supposedly 'downsizing' club in a footballing backwater who haven't managed to win the title in the last 3 years.

IIRC Miller and McGregor have won title medals but their contributions have largely been as squad members and not as main players.

I don't have a problem with players being rewarded when they achieve success but there is something very wrong with the current situation at Ibrox where underachieveing players are being handsomely rewarded for being flops.

Apparently after crashing he complained to police that the tunnel wall hadn't been back ten yards!!

:harhar:

"I'd do"

You are, driving mummies left over Merc :lol:

McBoyd saaaaaaaaaaaaaahn, it's worth about £2k!

I did notice in Quentin Wilson's column today that he saw a 2000-reg, 3.0 V6 Jaguar go for £1800 at auction.

I'm sorely tempted :drool:

Berbatov and Giggs

McGregor, Miller, Weir

Apparently after crashing he complained to police that the tunnel wall hadn't been back ten yards!!

:harhar:

Apparently it's been moved back 10 yards now.