Ferguson must be dropped for the good of the team

Tontospal

Another anonymous performance last night and I even thought Jody Morris had a better game.

Forget it's Ferguson for a minute and imagine any other player putting in his performances of late. Would you want them dropped?

Davis and Mendes is the best option in the middle for me.

Another anonymous performance last night and I even thought Jody Morris had a better game.

Forget it's Ferguson for a minute and imagine any other player putting in his performances of late. Would you want them dropped?

I agree, but your post suggests that lots of fans still want him playing because it's Barry Ferguson.

Using RangersMedia as a demographic, I don't think that's the case any more Tonto.

I agree, but your post suggests that lots of fans still want him playing because it's Barry Ferguson.

Using RangersMedia as a demographic, I don't think that's the case any more Tonto.

Yes, but what do us fans know about football?

Yes, but what do us fans know about football?

Everything :D

Ferguson will not be dropped. It won't happen.

And if it does it will practically be a national shock of epic proportions.

I don't doubt what you are saying but if Smith won't drop any player that is not playing well or contributing to the team then he should be sacked, pure and simple.

Perhaps this is why Ferguson is 'allegedly' for sale as it will save him from making that decision.

He should have been dropped, 'games' ago. He's been woeful since coming back from injury. He's holding the team back.

But he won't be so we'll continue to see anonymous performances from our captain.

The excuses from some have to stop, he's finished - has been for a long time!

Ferguson will not be dropped. It won't happen.

And if it does it will practically be a national shock of epic proportions.

I don't doubt what you are saying but if Smith won't drop any player that is not playing well or contributing to the team then he should be sacked, pure and simple.

Perhaps this is why Ferguson is 'allegedly' for sale as it will save him from making that decision.

The thing is, what are the repercussions to Smith if he does drop Ferguson?

Will Barry's hauners track Smith down and beat him or something?

I would say its starting to look worrying for Ferguson - thats quite a few games under his belt and he is still way out of touch.

Last night he was actually a liability - not just poor - a liability.

How long before the fans start to boo the captain?

That would be embarassing for all concerned, particularly Smith, although as with Miller he would almost certainly continue to play Ferguson to spite the fans.