Wee question on kris boyd for yous all

Certainly not £9m!

I've been told before a player is worth what he can bring the club success wise by someone on here (Papa?) so if we win the league this season, mostly by his goals..

Is he worth the £10 million alone from that?

:craphead:

You get under £2m for winning the SPL.

So no.

:P plus £10 mil for champs league (this season at least)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kris Boyd is so good and teams need a goalscorer in their team, then why has no decent club bar Cardiff and Birmingham ever came in for him?

I'll tell you why, because teams and managers want more than just a terrible footballer who can put the ball in the net. If the game is not going your way, Kris Boyd offers fcuk all, bar a breather as he's either getting pulled up for a foul or being caught offside.

I can't see the 'terrible footballer' part, aye he's not as good as some at balls skills and doing this and that, but then there are plenty out there who couldn't hit a fucking barn door, but yet are good at the other stuff.

Its different skills that make them different players, the same way some players can run and take on a man, but yet not pass for shite, and others can pass really well and do nothing but hold it up, not MANY players offer EVERYTHING.

Players like him are rare, plus we paid £400k for him, i pretty much think we are getting our moneys worth.

Some moan about him like we paid £10 million for him.

If shite like Darren Bent can be worth 16 million then Boyd is certainly worth a decent price.

Darren Bent can actually control the ball and carve out his own chances. Yes he's not worth 16million but that's the EPL for you.

If Darren Bent came to the sphell he would shit on this league.

If Kris Boyd is so good and teams need a goalscorer in their team, then why has no decent club bar Cardiff and Birmingham ever came in for him?

I'll tell you why, because teams and managers want more than just a terrible footballer who can put the ball in the net. If the game is not going your way, Kris Boyd offers fcuk all, bar a breather as he's either getting pulled up for a foul or being caught offside.

I can't see the 'terrible footballer' part, aye he's not as good as some at balls skills and doing this and that, but then there are plenty out there who couldn't hit a fucking barn door, but yet are good at the other stuff.

Its different skills that make them different players, the same way some players can run and take on a man, but yet not pass for shite, and others can pass really well and do nothing but hold it up, not MANY players offer EVERYTHING.

Players like him are rare, plus we paid £400k for him, i pretty much think we are getting our moneys worth.

:lol:

Also players like Boyd aren't rare. The old Firm just can't afford decent strikers.

Players of Boyd's ilk are dying out though, simply because managers are looking to put 11 footballers out on the park.

Players of Boyd's ilk are dying out though, simply because managers are looking to put 11 footballers out on the park.

Oh he's not a footballer now :rolleyes: What the hell? :lol:

If you don't know what I mean, you're obviously dafter than I first thought after your Wenger comment :mutley:

because boyd hasn't played in the champs league and has done nothing in europe at all

no big team will come in and pay big money.

Not yet, i'd say he's in his best goal striking form at the moment, and this'll be the start of things, i reckon next season we'll see alot better from him, if he see's himself doing well now, he'll want to improve next year.

If you don't know what I mean, you're obviously dafter than I first thought after your Wenger comment :mutley:

I know what you mean doh:lol:

You consider a footballer to be able to do more than score.

Like someone else said though, if we saw some foriegn kid from LA LIGUE who had boyds goal rate and was his age we'd be going nuts over him probably.

we undervalue all our players, I think its part of the psychie (sp?)

To be pedantic, players are worth what someone is going to pay, so, easy as that.

I do love how people try to devalue goals though, I asked somewhere else, why is a "tap in" any less valuable than a 25 yarder? Do you get more points for the latter?

Regardless of other ability, and, without checking, the guy has scored quite a number of goals this season, that have meant the difference between win/lose/draw, so, he MUST add some value to the side

People say that all the time, yet players come here and find it hard to adjust. Depends really.

Any proper quality player that comes here with the right attitude will rape the sphell.

we undervalue all our players, I think its part of the psychie (sp?)

To be pedantic, players are worth what someone is going to pay, so, easy as that.

I do love how people try to devalue goals though, I asked somewhere else, why is a "tap in" any less valuable than a 25 yarder? Do you get more points for the latter?

Regardless of other ability, and, without checking, the guy has scored quite a number of goals this season, that have meant the difference between win/lose/draw, so, he MUST add some value to the side

To be honest i don't care how the ball gets in the fecking goal :lol: of course some screamers are nice, but a goals a goal, 1 digit on the board closer to winning a game.

Like someone else said though, if we saw some foriegn kid from LA LIGUE who had boyds goal rate and was his age we'd be going nuts over him probably.

If someone had Boyd's goal record in the Premiership, La Liga or Serie A then they'd need to have roughly 100 times the ability of our Kris.

He is an enigma. He divides the support. He is like big Dandy McLean was in that respect.

He offers goals and that to me is a precious commodity. If he goes we WILL miss his goals. He unfortunately could score many more and be world class if he had more stamina, PACE and a better first touch.

If K Miller could score goals and develop a better first touch he too could be world class.

Unfortunately it is what it is and both have real big deficiencies. However goals are very valuable and Boyd is a world class scorer. His deficiencies are such that his value is less than what it should be. On top of that SDM told the World we need a quick 3m quid so everyone knows now the value of ANY RFC player that is any good - 3m quid.

People say that all the time, yet players come here and find it hard to adjust. Depends really.

Any proper quality player that comes here with the right attitude will rape the sphell.

Darren Bent is absolute maw.

Boyd could have scored that header on Sunday with his eyes shut and head taped to his foot.

if the scotland goal keeper is worth £9m how much is scotlands top goalscorer kris boyd ?

As much as a team is willing to pay for him, and at the moment it under £4million.

Going on that logic how much is Barry Ferguson worth then afterall he is Scotland Captain :rolleyes:

thats different but kris boyd is doing someting with his club scoreing goals every week

whats barry ferguson doing at the moment nothing.?

I disagree papa, sometimes a player like Boyd is one teams cry out for. Man Utd were desperate to get a natural goalscorer what with Rooney and Tevez not having the best goal return ever despite being fantastic players. Again don't think i'm saying Boyd is as good as Berbatov, he clearly isn't, but i honestly don't think Berbatov is that fantastic a footballer, never seen him play as well as Rooney or Tevez but obviously he gets goals.

I'm not saying Boyd is an ideal player but hes similar to a luxury some fans of top class clubs would cry out for.

:lol: Look at the difference in the quality of the leagues though.

Outside the big two of Barca and Real they have a whole bunch of quality teams , Outside our big two of the Old Firm we have nothing but pish.

If someone had Boyd's goal record in the Premiership, La Liga or Serie A then they'd need to have roughly 100 times the ability of our Kris.

Oh yeh? :lol:

Get inside the 6 yard box and it doesn't really matter what defender you have, one powerful thump of the ball in the right place and it'll sneak in one way or another most of the time.

We'll see i guess, in europe next year. :lol: (unless we draw kaunus again :craphead:)