Recent signings being treated like crap

Danny

As soon as Wally, McCoist and McDowall came in, you knew he was going to be back to his first division level.

You don't blame the player ? Others improved under the current coaching regime, the fact Adam couldn't and doesn't look fit is more his fault than anyone elses......

I blame the player and the management - the player for letting standards slip and not working hard on his game and the management for giving him an easy time. We can see he's shite, out of shape and not fit enough, yet Wally Smith continues to play him. What makes it worse, he plays them in the harder games.

Charlie Adam's condition is that of an amateur footballer. A disgrace for a professional footballer and totally unacceptable for a Rangers player.

If I was the manager, he'd be lumped into the reserves away from the 1st team and told to get to the required condition or fcuk off.

As soon as Wally, McCoist and McDowall came in, you knew he was going to be back to his first division level.

You don't blame the player ? Others improved under the current coaching regime, the fact Adam couldn't and doesn't look fit is more his fault than anyone elses......

I blame the player and the management - the player for letting standards slip and not working hard on his game and the management for giving him an easy time. We can see he's shite, out of shape and not fit enough, yet Wally Smith continues to play him. What makes it worse, he plays them in the harder games.

Charlie Adam's condition is that of an amateur footballer. A disgrace for a professional footballer and totally unacceptable for a Rangers player.

If I was the manager, he'd be lumped into the reserves away from the 1st team and told to get to the required condition or fcuk off.

I don't think you can describe it as continues to play him, he occasionally plays, how many appearances has he had this season, or how many game sin a row has he played....

I don't know what happened at the last old firm game but he was done in twenty minutes, I could see Ally asking him if he could continue.....

He gets the same fitness straining as the rest of the squad yet is obviously unfit, I agree with you though he should be nowhere near any games right now, never mind the bigger ones

I don't think you can describe it as continues to play him, he occasionally plays, how many appearances has he had this season, or how many game sin a row has he played....

I don't know what happened at the last old firm game but he was done in twenty minutes, I could see Ally asking him if he could continue.....

He gets the same fitness straining as the rest of the squad yet is obviously unfit, I agree with you though he should be nowhere near any games right now, never mind the bigger ones

too many greggs sausage rolls imo

His treatment of Edu would probably be justified with something along the lines of 'Barry wanted his place in the team back'.

Or edu has been injured the majority of time Ferguson has been fit....

That's only partly true. He was certainly a lot more fit than Ferguson was when Thomson got injured, and looked much more similar in style to Thomson as well. I said it at the time and I'll say it again, throwing Ferguson straight back into the team was an awful idea.

You really have to wonder what is going on at Ibrox when you focus on a significant number of major signings we've made in the last year and a half or so.

We've spent a lot of money on Lafferty, Whittaker, Velicka and Edu yet none of these guys come close to paying back their transfer fee.

Simply because the management have either ignored the player entirely, played them out of position, or used them sparingly and not in a settled manner.

I cannot understand what can justify a 9 or so million outlay only for the investments to be this disregarded.

We complain about Man City potentially 'wasting' 100M and 500K a week on Kaka - how is this any different? It's around 10M and probably 40 or 50k a week total wages completely frittered away.

And it's sickening.

Considering the number of games Lee McCulloch has played recently and the position he played in he too could be added to your list.

I feel really sorry for these guys,they have been treated like shit. Youv'e got to wonder about what potential signings(in the future) think,when they

see what happens,when you sign for Walter. <cr>

Hi PB,

Good point. If you were a young player would you now sign for Rangers? Especially if you were American?

Our left wing area has been a problem area since day 1 for us, he brought in Aaron yet refused to play him..explain?

Velicka has a great scoring record..scored on his debut for us then left to rot..somewhere..explain?

Thomson got injured and Barry Ferguson has been off form badly since he came back..why not give Edu a chance...explain?

Lafferty CLEARLY struggles on the left wing for us, he is a striker, the management team have said so themselves, so why not give him a chance there? Especially since Miller has been dire since god knows when..explain?

I think its an embarrassment the way our signings have been treated. A complete shambles.

Charlie Adam scored more freekicks than Nakamura in his first real season here.

Sadly, 40% of them were into the error-prone pub player that is Andrew McNeil.

Simon Brown was the hivs goalie, not McNeil. Though I agree with the error pronepub player bit (tu)

But Brown was worse :lol:

I wonder why we do this sometimes. We bring players in, treat them like shite, with the result that we can't sell them for any kind of fee, and we get no benefit from them. Its the almost constant "ruining" of some players, I think Beasley and Lafferty fit this example, where we either never play them, or play them in the wrong position, with the end result that theylose all their confidence and their performances suffer. :anguish:

I wonder why we do this sometimes. We bring players in, treat them like shite, with the result that we can't sell them for any kind of fee, and we get no benefit from them. Its the almost constant "ruining" of some players, I think Beasley and Lafferty fit this example, where we either never play them, or play them in the wrong position, with the end result that theylose all their confidence and their performances suffer. :anguish:

tbf Beasley definitely lost form after his injury. He's been catastrophically dire this season and on his displays thus far doesn't deserve his place.

Funnily enough the same applies to Barry. Andeven more oddly enough it was DMB who said that Ferguson doesn't have to deserve his place, he gets it by default. Yes, he actually said that.