***The Official Rangers v Falkirk Thread***

Muff

McGregor

Broadfoot Webster Bougherra Papac

Aaron Davis Mendes Beasley

Novo Velicka

Aaron and Beasley can switch as both have played on the right/left, also Novo can drift out wide and Aaron can push up top alongside Velicka.

Fcuk Falkirk and matching up to them, let's give them something to think about.

Get Khenny Miller and Barry Ferguson away to fcuk. Give David Weir and John Fleck(keep him fresh and on his toes for Dundee United) a rest and give Andrius Velicka the opportunity to prove himself. Just ashame Maurice Edu is out injured.

No excuses, a good performance and a convincing win!

I forgot about Steven Naismith - swap him with either Aaron or Beasley.

ferguson was our best player so yes i did watch a different game from you. how can fleck a 17year old not be fresh?

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd keep Fleck for the Dundee United game. He had a good 1st half but he was poor in the 2nd, mainly because he never saw the ball and couldn't really get into the game.

We'll have to agree to disagree over Barry Ferguson.

McGregor

Broadfoot Webster Bougherra Papac

Aaron Davis Mendes Beasley

Novo Velicka

Aaron and Beasley can switch as both have played on the right/left, also Novo can drift out wide and Aaron can push up top alongside Velicka.

Fcuk Falkirk and matching up to them, let's give them something to think about.

Get Khenny Miller and Barry Ferguson away to fcuk. Give David Weir and John Fleck(keep him fresh and on his toes for Dundee United) a rest and give Andrius Velicka the opportunity to prove himself. Just ashame Maurice Edu is out injured.

No excuses, a good performance and a convincing win!

Why do you prefer velicka over boyd? and ferguson was good today, he was one of our only good players

just leave him. he does not want boyd or ferguson near rangers. muff's teams r his own selection, and he is entitled to them. to me i wonder when i see his selections, cause i know, as most folk do that the chances of seeing these guys out on the park is slimmer than an anorexic chick on speed. i sometimes wonder if muff, who is also a tennis coach and caddy, does not also moonlight as a sports agent for arron and velicka!!

:pipe:

:lol:

His Velicka choice baffles me.

How does it baffle people - I kept on getting told by many people on here that he's got an excellent scoring record, I kept on getting told he always played well against the Old Firm, many on here were quite glad and happy we signed him. I wasn't.

Now when Lafferty is injured, Naismith is just back from injury and Miller is failing to perform as usual, I pick a striker, who's had his rest, lost a lot of weight, got fit and scoring in the reserves. A player who Wally was on the verge of bringing on the other week - tell me what's baffling about that?

And it's not as if I have picked him all season, I have suggested him for the last four matches.

Now if Kris Boyd, Charlie Adam, Jean Claude Darcheville, Lee McCulloch, Steven Whittaker....are all allowed a chance, then why not Andrius Velicka - is it because I have him in the team before the beloved, Kris Boyd?

Fuck me, it's really not that hard to understand.

How does it baffle people - I kept on getting told by many people on here that he's got an excellent scoring record, I kept on getting told he always played well against the Old Firm, many on here were quite glad and happy we signed him. I wasn't.

Now when Lafferty is injured, Naismith is just back from injury and Miller is failing to perform as usual, I pick a striker, who's had his rest, lost a lot of weight, got fit and scoring in the reserves. A player who Wally was on the verge of bringing on the other week - tell me what's baffling about that?

And it's not as if I have picked him all season, I have suggested him for the last four matches.

Now if Kris Boyd, Charlie Adam, Jean Claude Darcheville, Lee McCulloch, Steven Whittaker....are all allowed a chance, then why not Andrius Velicka - is it because I have him in the team before the beloved, Kris Boyd?

Just don't see why in a semi final you want to try out a guy that has played 1 and a half games for us this season ahead of our top scorer who has a bit of a thing for the CIS cup.

I'd go with

------------------McGregor----------------

--Broadfoot--Bougherra--Weir--Papac--

----Davis--Ferguson--Mendes--Naismith--

----------------Boyd--Miller----------------

Subs: Alexander, Whittaker, Fleck, Novo, Velicka.

Miller and Davis have faded in recent weeks after excellent starts to the season but I'd start them both for this one with Miller on a last warning as he owes us a big performance. Think we'll win this one 2-0.

Just don't see why in a semi final you want to try out a guy that has played 1 and a half games for us this season ahead of our top scorer who has a bit of a thing for the CIS cup.

my thoughts exactly

why replace a goalscorer with someone who has scored in the reserves, great get charlie adam in as well

my thoughts exactly

why replace a goalscorer with someone who has scored in the reserves, great get charlie adam in as well

Shhhhh you may be have a claim of bumming Kris Boyd in a minute.

my thoughts exactly

Shhhhh you may be have a claim of bumming Kris Boyd in a minute.

I am sure I can handle that

Does that mean he shouldn't be given a chance?

I don't rate Lafferty and I still want him to be given the chance.

I can't be fcuked with talking about Boyd, it's boring.

McGregor

Broadfoot Bougherra Weir Papac

Davis Mendes Ferguson Fleck

Boyd Miller

Boyd for McCulloch is the only change for me. I don't see any point in dropping Miller for this game if it's a lack of confidence that's affecting his form, as he's more likely to nick a goal or 2 against Falkirk than some other teams.

If anyone seriously thinks Smith is even considering dropping Ferguson for this game you are living in your own personal dreamland. He played his best game of the season so far against the sheep and hopefully the improvement will continue in this game.

I also think Fleck will continue on the left, at least for this game. If he doesn't have a great game I can see him being dropped to the bench for the next couple tho.

3-1 win for Rangers, with Miller, Boyd and Ferguson to score.

If anyone seriously thinks Smith is even considering dropping Ferguson for this game you are living in your own personal dreamland. He played his best game of the season so far against the sheep

Yeah for 15 minutes, he actually decided to play. A pity he hid for the rest of the game and Lee McCulloch did more.

If anyone seriously thinks Smith is even considering dropping Ferguson for this game you are living in your own personal dreamland. He played his best game of the season so far against the sheep

Yeah for 15 minutes, he actually decided to play. A pity he hid for the rest of the game and Lee McCulloch did more.

Only Broadfoot, Fleck and occasionally Mendes and Bougherra showed any urgency outside that 15min spell, so should everyone else be dropped? :rolleyes:

In a purely footballing sense, Ferguson has to be one of the 1st names on the teamsheet unless his form gets drastically worse. Walter Smith and his coaching team clearly don't share the same pathological hatred for the Rangers Captain that you and a few others on here do, therefore he'll continue to be a very important part of the team.

Only Broadfoot, Fleck and occasionally Mendes and Bougherra showed any urgency outside that 15min spell, so should everyone else be dropped? :rolleyes:

In a purely footballing sense, Ferguson has to be one of the 1st names on the teamsheet unless his form gets drastically worse. Walter Smith and his coaching team clearly don't share the same pathological hatred for the Rangers Captain that you and a few others on here do, therefore he'll continue to be a very important part of the team.

And that's what's wrong with Rangers - Barry Ferguson has been poor since coming back into the team. Most of the time he is nowhere to been seen, contributes fcuk all and gets in the way.

If anyone else had continually played as poorly as him, they'd be getting dogs abuse.

Lee McCulloch played better than him on Saturday, yet he still got slated whilst Ferguson walked away scot free.

Shite captain, finished at the level we require!

I don't know about Velicka, maybe but I'd rather see my gran in that team than Kenny Fcuking Mhiller, he is becoming unbearable to watch! Cannot be any more excuses for that liability, get him tae fuck!!!!