***The Official Rangers v Falkirk Thread***

Muff

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a purely footballing sense, Ferguson has to be one of the 1st names on the teamsheet unless his form gets drastically worse. Walter Smith and his coaching team clearly don't share the same pathological hatred for the Rangers Captain that you and a few others on here do, therefore he'll continue to be a very important part of the team.

In a purely footballing sense Ferguson should never be one of the first names on the teamsheet. The only way his form could get drastically worse is if he decided to play for the other team. He hasn't been important part of the team for a long time, and he's another one on the list of overpaid, underachieving players at Ibrox.

In a purely footballing sense, Ferguson has to be one of the 1st names on the teamsheet unless his form gets drastically worse. Walter Smith and his coaching team clearly don't share the same pathological hatred for the Rangers Captain that you and a few others on here do, therefore he'll continue to be a very important part of the team.

In a purely footballing sense Ferguson should never be one of the first names on the teamsheet. The only way his form could get drastically worse is if he decided to play for the other team. He hasn't been important part of the team for a long time, and he's another one on the list of overpaid, underachieving players at Ibrox.

I agree with SSKL here Roy.

It seems that you (along with many others) are looking at Barry's reputation over his performances, because he's simply not cutting the mustard at the moment. And as captain, 1st name on the teamsheet and highest wage earner, he's the one that should and will feel the brunt of the criticism.

3 - 5 - 2 attack attack attack please Walter

McGregor

Broadfoot Bougherra Papac

Ferguson ( Edu if available)

Novo Davis Mendes Fleck

Boyd Naismith

The Ferguson / Edu role is the holding mid / defensive cover role in my mind - I feel we should have introduced Edu as a like for like change when Thommo was injured

This formation in my mind is our best chance to getting back to footballing basics and keep the ball on the ground

McGregor

Novo Davis Mendes Fleck

Boyd Naismith

The Ferguson / Edu role is the holding mid / defensive cover role in my mind - I feel we should have introduced Edu as a like for like change when Thommo was injured

This formation in my mind is our best chance to getting back to footballing basics and keep the ball on the ground

No!

That back three is terrifying.

Me and my mate are going to this game, but we don't know how to get tickets. Can we go to hampden on the night and buy some?

Short answer is no. Rangers ticket office or online only.

Cool cool, i'll head to ibrox tomorrow then, cheers

If you've have said earlier, I'd have sent you mine.

McGregor

Novo Davis Mendes Fleck

Boyd Naismith

No!

That back three is terrifying.

Not to mention the wing-backs...

_________________McGregor____________________

_Broadfoot_____Weir______Bougherra____________Papac__

_Novo_________Davis______Mendes______________Fleck__

______________Boyd______Naismith____________________

Alexander, Aaron, Velicka, Beasley, Ferguson

_________________McGregor____________________

_Broadfoot_____Weir______Bougherra____________Papac__

_Novo_________Davis______Mendes______________Fleck__

______________Boyd______Naismith____________________

Alexander, Aaron, Velicka, Beasley, Ferguson

I agree with this team, but the chances of no barry are slim to none in this match

Supposed to be pretty heavy rain tomorrow night :anguish:

Freezing cold, rain lashing down, half empty stadium, high balls, dire football....just another Rangers game.

Freezing cold, rain lashing down, half empty stadium, high balls, dire football....just another Rangers game.

Muff blames Walter Smith for poor weather shocker

:cheers:

Yeah I read it earlier but was too lazy to start a thread on it - I remember watching RTV last week and Derek Ferguson was buming Lee McCulloch up(I'm sure I posted it in some thread?) and how he's been a family friend for years.

Lee McCulloch, Rangers PR man - he talks the biggest load of bollocks.

I was actually suprised that he never came out the tunnel on Saturday holding Ferguson's hand.

It seems that you (along with many others) are looking at Barry's reputation over his performances, because he's simply not cutting the mustard at the moment. And as captain, 1st name on the teamsheet and highest wage earner, he's the one that should and will feel the brunt of the criticism.

I've discussed the sheep game with a lot of people since Saturday, the majority of them being fairly knowledgeable football guys, and the only ones who thought Ferguson didn't have a decent game are a few of the Rangers supporters among them! Most neutrals I know can't believe the abuse and OTT criticism he gets from some of our support. Sure, he's not been at the top of his form for a while now, but those who think he's not one of our most influential players are kidding themselves.

I've even had a couple of sellick-minded mates moaning about Ferguson regaining some form just in time for the Old Firm game. They fear him above Mendes, Fleck or Boyd, believe me!

Muff blames Walter Smith for poor weather shocker

:cheers:

Wet Muff. :craphead:

--------------------McGregor-------------------

Whittaker-----Bougherra-----Weir-------Papac

Davis--------Ferguson------Mendes-------Fleck

-------------Naismith-------Boyd-----------------

We'll win 2-0.

(tu) Looks good

Barry Ferguson is now a player who can't turn, run - his legs have gone, he is even slower and his distribution is on the decline. He runs about getting in people's way, shouting and balling whilst the game passes him by.

When we try to up the tempo, he just slows it down.

He's now played 12 games from the start, including a start for Scotland, on top of the 2 reserve matches he started and the sub appearances he made in both the reserves and in the SPL and he's still struggling with his fitness - how long are people going to give Ferguson. Had this been anyone else, they'd be getting dogs abuse.

You'll get the occassional good 15-20 minute spell from him now and again but that's all.

He's now your average SPL midfielder and his limited leadership qualities have also gone - he's finished!

I've discussed the sheep game with a lot of people since Saturday, the majority of them being fairly knowledgeable football guys, and the only ones who thought Ferguson didn't have a decent game are a few of the Rangers supporters among them! Most neutrals I know can't believe the abuse and OTT criticism he gets from some of our support. Sure, he's not been at the top of his form for a while now, but those who think he's not one of our most influential players are kidding themselves.

I've even had a couple of sellick-minded mates moaning about Ferguson regaining some form just in time for the Old Firm game. They fear him above Mendes, Fleck or Boyd, believe me!

I think we all would LOVE to see Barry recapture the form he is or perhaps was capable of. As of now he is well short of it and looks like a shadow of the player he was. Sad to see.