***The Official Rangers v Falkirk Thread***

Muff

Novo Gets The Nod

Lindsay Herron reports from Hampden

NACHO NOVO and Kris Boyd have been given the task of shooting Rangers to the Co-operative Insurance Cup Final.

And Stevie Naismith has been charged with supplying the ammunition as he too has been given a starting slot for tonight's semi-final against Falkirk.

That means Kenny Miller, John Fleck and Lee McCulloch have moved to the bench from the side that drew with Aberdeen on Saturday.

Novo has been bursting to get back into the starting line-up and he will relish the chance of lining up with Boyd, who was left out at Pittodrie.

Boss Walter Smith has also ecided to freshen it up in midfield with Naismith given the left slot having played 17-year-old Fleck there for the past two matches.

RANGERS: McGregor; Broadfoot, Bougherra, Weir, Papac; Davis, Mendes, Ferguson, Naismith; Novo, Boyd.

SUBS: Alexander, Miller, McCulloch, Fleck, McCulloch.

Ref: Charlie Richmond

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1535280,00.html

Thanks Boab. :cheers:

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news about Novo and Boyd, as Miller has been woeful for a while now (though to his credit he was very good at the start of the season; fingers crossed a benching will wake him up help him reclaim that earlier form). I'm one who would also like to see Velicka get a shot sometime soon, as we could use someone apart from Boyd who can actually find the target on a regular basis.

OFFICAL:

:mcgregor:

:broadfoot: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :mendes: :ferguson: :Naismith:

:novo: :boyd:

I'm more than happy with that team - Miller and McCulloch both out :D

Only 4 players playing outwith their natural position. Not bad Walter. It's usually a lot more. :rolleyes:

OFFICAL:

Only 4 players playing outwith their natural position. Not bad Walter. It's usually a lot more. :rolleyes:

Would that be...

Broadfoot CB

Papac CB

Davis CM

Naismith CF

:rolleyes:

Anyone know what kit we are wearing ?

Home kit i would think, we are seeded as the home team. Although i would like seeing them wearing the 3rd kit as they never wear it, only Killie so far this season i think?

Good News. That white one we wore at __ittodrie is horrible - looks like a flag of surrender.

OFFICAL:

I only count that as being 2.

Papac is a much much better left back than he ever was at Center back.

And Naismith has always played either wide left or up top so again, not really out of position.

OFFICAL:

Would that be...

Broadfoot CB

Papac CB

Davis CM

Naismith CF

:rolleyes:

correct. :clap:

OFFICAL:

And Naismith has always played either wide left or up top so again, not really out of position.

Naismith is a striker even Walter Smith admits it's his natural position even though he's played on either wings for both us and Kilmarnock. I'd agree Papc is much better at left back than he his at centre back and for that you can only give credit to the manager.

Still pains me to see players outwith their natural position. Davis and Mendes in the middle would be nice with a Novo and Naismith on the wings both not in their natural positions. :D

finally miller gets dropped and nacho gets the chance he deserves. :clap: Hope he scores as well. Even though he has been more useful to us as an sub recently i am glad to see him get a start in his natural position. Miller is awful at the minute and nacho is doing well and definetly deserves to be in the team ahead of miller imo

McCulloch isn't mentioned as being dropped out tho so far? If not, where would he play? In goals or at full back? He hasn't tried these positions yet?

Any thoughts?

Aye, just go ahead and ask him on a date already, its clear you are obsessed (tu)

OFFICAL:

Naismith is a striker even Walter Smith admits it's his natural position even though he's played on either wings for both us and Kilmarnock. I'd agree Papc is much better at left back than he his at centre back and for that you can only give credit to the manager.

Still pains me to see players outwith their natural position. Davis and Mendes in the middle would be nice with a Novo and Naismith on the wings both not in their natural positions. :D

I can see Davis going more central, with novo and Naisy wider beside boyd, more 4-3-3... could be goals!

McCulloch isn't mentioned as being dropped out tho so far? If not, where would he play? In goals or at full back? He hasn't tried these positions yet?

Any thoughts?

Aye, just go ahead and ask him on a date already, its clear you are obsessed (tu)

The line-up was uncertain at the time :rolleyes: