***The Official Rangers v Falkirk Thread***

Muff

McGregor

Broadfoot Webster Bougherra Papac

Aaron Davis Mendes Beasley

Novo Velicka

Aaron and Beasley can switch as both have played on the right/left, also Novo can drift out wide and Aaron can push up top alongside Velicka.

Fcuk Falkirk and matching up to them, let's give them something to think about.

Get Khenny Miller and Barry Ferguson away to fcuk. Give David Weir and John Fleck(keep him fresh and on his toes for Dundee United) a rest and give Andrius Velicka the opportunity to prove himself. Just ashame Maurice Edu is out injured.

No excuses, a good performance and a convincing win!

I forgot about Steven Naismith - swap him with either Aaron or Beasley.

Do you reckon we'll see DMB again?? :unsure:

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've discussed the sheep game with a lot of people since Saturday, the majority of them being fairly knowledgeable football guys, and the only ones who thought Ferguson didn't have a decent game are a few of the Rangers supporters among them! Most neutrals I know can't believe the abuse and OTT criticism he gets from some of our support. Sure, he's not been at the top of his form for a while now, but those who think he's not one of our most influential players are kidding themselves.

I've even had a couple of sellick-minded mates moaning about Ferguson regaining some form just in time for the Old Firm game. They fear him above Mendes, Fleck or Boyd, believe me!

If this is Ferguson coming into form then we're in deep trouble. I've said it before, the fact that the Aberdeen game was his best this season is as good an indication of any that he's a shadow of the player he was. As for the celtic fans fearing Ferguson above Fleck and Boyd, that makes sense. There's little to no chance of Fleck playing in the OF game, and Boyd is useless against them. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would fear Ferguson more than Mendes though. I'm assuming they didn't see his 'performances' away against Hearts and St Johnstone. Baffling.

No-one would be happier than me if the Ferguson of old were to reappear, but I just can't see it happening. He hasn't been the most influential player at the club for a while now, unless by influential you mean he has to slow down the pace of the game because he can't handle it going any faster.

I also take it they never saw the last Old Firm match on the 27th December - Ferguson was minging that day!

Mendes has given celtc more trouble in his 1st two matches than Ferguson has in his last 5 against them!

I also take it they never saw the last Old Firm match on the 27th December - Ferguson was minging that day!

Mendes has given celtc more trouble in his 1st two matches than Ferguson has in his last 5 against them!

Actually, Ferguson's 5th last match against Celtic he was outstanding and controlled the match in the 3-0 game.

Actually, Ferguson's 5th last match against Celtic he was outstanding and controlled the match in the 3-0 game.

Last 5 Old Firm matches:

Rangers 1-0 Celtic

Celtic 2-1 Rangers

Celtic 3-2 Rangers

Celtic 2-4 Rangers

Rangers 0-1 Celtic

Last 5 Old Firm matches:

Rangers 1-0 Celtic

Celtic 2-1 Rangers

Celtic 3-2 Rangers

Celtic 2-4 Rangers

Rangers 0-1 Celtic

Ferguson was injured for the 4-2 game (tu)

Last 5 Old Firm matches:

Rangers 1-0 Celtic

Celtic 2-1 Rangers

Celtic 3-2 Rangers

Celtic 2-4 Rangers

Rangers 0-1 Celtic

Ferguson was injured for the 4-2 game (tu)

Forgot about that :blush:

My team would be:

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Broadfoot Papac

Davis Fleck Mendes

Aaron Novo

Boyd

Give Weir a rest but not for fecking Webster! That would be madness. Drop Ferguson and switch to a Midfeild 3 with Fleck playing a more advanced role. Supported by Aaron and Novo, both nippy and quick with Boyd up top to finish things off.

Would love to see it, won't happen though :D

Me and my mate are going to this game, but we don't know how to get tickets. Can we go to hampden on the night and buy some?

Short answer is no. Rangers ticket office or online only.

Just read in the paper - tickets on sale at Rangers till four and at Hampden from 5 till KO - must be a really low crowd.

These semi finals should be played at a neutral venue. It's ridiculous playing it at Hampden, it never sells out and it completely devalues the general feeling of visiting the national stadium.

Just got back from Ibrox ticket office... tickets are right at the halfway line, right up in the middle.

Get in.

Lucky bassa!

Mine are for A6 - I think that's behind the goal? :(

May have an outside chance of making it down now depending on the boss' mood this afternoon... :21: