HighlandBear

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A quick addition

Detective Superintendent Geoff Wessell, of Greater Manchester Police, said a few hundred drunken yobs had ruined "a festival of football" last May.

He stressed that a "very, very low proportion" of the 150,000 traveling Rangers fans rioted, and conceded that troublemakers from outside Scotland were involved.

Hmmm!

WE all know that there were people there from England

WE all know that there were thousands there who have probably never stepped foot in Ibrox

WE all know that those causing violence were a tiny minority

WE all know that the supporters at the stadium were praised for their behaviour.

However

I think we also know that some so-called rangers supporters were involved in these scenes. I don't think it does us any good to deflect and deny that some of our supporters let themselves, us, and more importantly, Rangers FC down that night. I for one hope that those who have their pictures in the paper are caught and dealt with heavily. Further, they should never be allowed inside Ibrox again (or in the Rangers end for an away match).

This was the biggest single movement of people since WWII within the UK. It should have been testament to RFC and its supporters. It was hijacked by a small group of thugs with whom we should have nothing to do with.

WE all know that there were thousands there who have probably never stepped foot in Ibrox

WE all know that the supporters at the stadium were praised for their behaviour.

However

I think we also know that some so-called rangers supporters were involved in these scenes. I don't think it does us any good to deflect and deny that some of our supporters let themselves, us, and more importantly, Rangers FC down that night. I for one hope that those who have their pictures in the paper are caught and dealt with heavily. Further, they should never be allowed inside Ibrox again (or in the Rangers end for an away match).

This was the biggest single movement of people since WWII within the UK. It should have been testament to RFC and its supporters. It was hijacked by a small group of thugs with whom we should have nothing to do with.

Only if they are guilty of any wrong-doing.

However

Well, indeed.

No surprise here then ? This is the creature a good friend of mine had to be restrained from banjoing when he started singing boys of the old brigade after a player of the year do. :sherlock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgo...est/7404511.stm

He believed Manchester's planning of the showpiece final were spot on....aye right!!

No surprise here then ? This is the creature a good friend of mine had to be restrained from banjoing when he started singing boys of the old brigade after a player of the year do. :sherlock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgo...est/7404511.stm

He believed Manchester's planning of the showpiece final were spot on....aye right!!

He should be hounded out of office for that statement alone, let alone the rest of it :2gunsfiring_v1:

The scotsman article has some interesting points, that I imagine will be conveniently left out when the record reports this, and also which really needs questions asked

As well as using facial recognition software, the force showed footage to almost 1,200 Scottish police officers in an attempt to positively identify people. - Surely if they were Scottish, and Rangers fans, this would have been easy to identify during this? no?

He said the force has already made several positive identifications, but would not divulge how many. "These people are not genuine fans, they are thugs." - why hasnt anything been made of this then? Perhaps they are not Rangers fans so, it wouldnt be deemed newsworthy?

Manchester City Council commissioned a report that found 99 per cent of Rangers fans had no involvement whatsoever in the antisocial behaviour in the city centre, with many rival fans and neutrals gathering together to celebrate the occasion. - "many rival fans and neutrals eh? That has never been mentioned before, apart from by us. Why not?

It's your third point that really interests me. Nobody has mentioned this report, as you say. That we all knew this was the case has been dismissed as us making excuses and trying to dodge the blame. Why has no-one in the media picked up on this? You'd have thought the Scottish media would be looking for something which would at least partially exonerate Scots from blame? No? :rolleyes:

No. Because it wasn't the Tartan Army that was caught up in this shambles.

However

Dont know if I would buy ANYTHING the mhedia or phurcell or most of that sh1te is calling for tbh. Remember your a religeous bigot if you sing the hokey cokey, ask someone to leave for home, or use a word which their own nation created to rejoice in their religeous fighters.

To agree that "someone" is a bad person where the judges are of that ilk - is just plain stupid. End of.

I couldnt agree with that type of mhankey mhuppet, its something which i am incapable of..... im gald to say.

Said before there were definitely Chelsea casuals down there, there were a group of them talking about the police a lot I walked past three times during the afternoon. Not 100% sure that's what they were obviously, but they were clearly up for a fight and were wearing Chelsea shirts.

Obviously it'd be good to see just where these guys are from etc, and everyone involved in the violence to get locked up like the animals they are though. Hopefully they catch them.

What a load of shit. if they were Chelsea casuals the last thing they would have been doing is wearing shirts and talking about trouble openly where normal scarfers could hear them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know, I have never once seen a casual with any colours on.

oops yeah, shouldn't have said 'casual' actually, keep forgetting the weird code of conduct those guys have, ie no colours etc.

Chelsea supporting thugs then :)

Again, obviously I don't know if these guys actually got into trouble later on or not, but they were having right go at some of the stewards around PG, being really provocative etc.

Certainly I don't think I saw any Rangers fans down there that didn't have either the home, away, or the three different colours of UEFA Cup Final commemorative T-shirt on. And only around 30ish of those in the photos had these shirts on...

Said before there were definitely Chelsea casuals down there, there were a group of them talking about the police a lot I walked past three times during the afternoon. Not 100% sure that's what they were obviously, but they were clearly up for a fight and were wearing Chelsea shirts.

Obviously it'd be good to see just where these guys are from etc, and everyone involved in the violence to get locked up like the animals they are though. Hopefully they catch them.

What a load of shit. if they were Chelsea casuals the last thing they would have been doing is wearing shirts and talking about trouble openly where normal scarfers could hear them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

oops yeah, shouldn't have said 'casual' actually, keep forgetting the weird code of conduct those guys have, ie no colours etc.

Again, obviously I don't know if these guys actually got into trouble later on or not, but they were having right go at some of the stewards around PG, being really provocative etc.

Certainly I don't think I saw any Rangers fans down there that didn't have either the home, away, or the three different colours of UEFA Cup Final commemorative T-shirt on. And only around 30ish of those in the photos had these shirts on...

I never had a Rangers top on, had a blue checked shirt on.

I aint in any of those pics though.

i can vouch for HB, i spotted him lying in a puddle of pish around 9am. He certainly wasn't in any state for rumbling.

Hehe, never got their till 2pm, was all very civilised, believe it or not..

Ended up boozing out the back of Edwards Bar on picadilly all day..

I was at Edwards till about 5, weird.

Anyway I love this picture. I'm sure such a conclusive likeness would stand up well in a court of law.

make that three of us, then headed for the ground about 4.30pm.

You're talking a load of pish mate. How can you say that out of 150-250,000 people, that you personally know each and every one of them had shirts or some sort of colours on?? I NEVER wear colours and haven't done since i was about 12.

Just because some people don't wear colours doesn't mean they are a hooligan. People are trying to wriggle Rangers out of this. face facts lads, it's Rangers and Rangers alone that have to take this on the chin, and i laughed mysaelf silly when some posters have even tried to blame celtic fans.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!

You are watching too many movies like Green street holligans etc which give a total FALSE account of what goes on.

You're talking a load of pish mate. How can you say that out of 150-250,000 people, that you personally know each and every one of them had shirts or some sort of colours on?? I NEVER wear colours and haven't done since i was about 12.

Just because some people don't wear colours doesn't mean they are a hooligan. People are trying to wriggle Rangers out of this. face facts lads, it's Rangers and Rangers alone that have to take this on the chin, and i laughed mysaelf silly when some posters have even tried to blame celtic fans.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!

You are watching too many movies like Green street holligans etc which give a total FALSE account of what goes on.

In all fairness, and im not saying that these were the only people causing trouble

but everywhere i turned i saw blue, or football tops, people in shorts, light trousers, the odds jeans, no tops at all in some cases :craphead: and or other types of rangers related gear, only in a lot of the cctv footage did i start to see people in non rangers colours, jeans boots, , heavy jackets, hats, backpacks etc etc, again im not trying to deflect but there was even an article soon after identifying (or at least pinpointing) the main people in that chase against that police officer, they looked well out of sorts, but there were people with rangers scarfs and tops all caught up in it too

Of course septic fans are all angels aren't they ... and no way would they welcome a good ruck at our expence :rolleyes:

Have you any idea how embarrassing that sounds? Blaming them for the trouble is plain stupid. And by your reckoning that means there would have been Rangers fans in Seville looking for trouble to blacken their names......................right???

Stop blaming everyone but our own fans, YES there would have been hangers on in the crowd, but there is NO WAY hooligans were going to travel far and wide for this game, the only ones that will have are one that support/like Rangers.

95% of those in that incident will have been Rangers fans that have sat in Ibrox stadium watching our team. Face facts please.

How do you arrive at the figure of 95% ... I hope you aren't going to embarrass yourself by admitting that you just plucked it out of the air :rolleyes:

It's probably higher.

You are being blind as well as stupid. it was Rangers fans that did this, no one else.