Boyd says Birmingham move 'just wasn't right'

Boab

Ferguson played against Aberdeen.

I'm talking about Hibs, Celtic and first half v Milan.

We've looked so fast and fluent, although I place it more down to Ferguson than I do Boyd.

Milan was a friendly, if that was a CL game they would have gone all for that, and whilst we may have played well, it wouldn't have looked so great.

Kaka tore our players a new one, and if he was on from square one, well..

What i love about the Milan game was, if Boyd had scored, the good old "boyd can't score against better opposition" would have been knocked out of the park, but then again, not until someone came along and said "it was just a friendly"

Works both ways.

And AGAIN i can't believe i'm sat here discussing this over and over :lol:

Good day to you chaps, i'm out early on this debate, uni work to do :anguish:

I laugh at how you conveniently leave out the brilliant performances and Hibs and Celtic there to make your point ;)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I laugh at how you conveniently leave out the brilliant performances and Hibs and Celtic there to make your point ;)

And how you leave out the brilliant performances Boyd's put in, in the 28 appearences he's made.

There have been some dodgy ones, but some of his goals he's scored, from nothing, have been superb.

Like i said papa, we're both biased bassas :lol: we leave stuff out to make our point, always happens :)

Some people idolise him, why would he leave when he has it pretty easy?

I think thats unfair, would YOU (or anyone?) leave for birmingham? The guy is a bluenose, living out each and every one of our fantasies, especially mine! I wanted the Rangers no9 shirt, never got it.

And as for easy? surely you have seen the odd Boyd thread on here?

I know he gets slated by some, and, I know he isnt the "best", but, he is very good at getting the ball in the net, and, DOES play an important role for us, far far more than say, Dailly, Adam, LM etc, its not like he is costing us games on a regular basis, quite the opposite on occasions.

Be nice if we got round to actually supporting and encouraging our players again

And how you leave out the brilliant performances Boyd's put in, in the 28 appearences he's made.

There have been some dodgy ones, but some of his goals he's scored, from nothing, have been superb.

Like i said papa, we're both biased bassas :lol: we leave stuff out to make our point, always happens :)

When I see Kris Boyd put in a 'brilliant performance', I'll be the first on here to let you know.

And playing shite for 90 minutes but scoring three tap-ins isn't a brilliant peformance IMO, before anyone says it! :P

I agree, you are haha

When I see Kris Boyd put in a 'brilliant performance', I'll be the first on here to let you know.

And playing shite for 90 minutes but scoring three tap-ins isn't a brilliant peformance IMO, before anyone says it! :P

Theres a difference in playing shite and being the 'blue striker' i highlighted earlier and waiting for that crucial pass to him.

From 'ma baw' :anguish:

haha, makes us feel better tho, at the end of the day :P

I agree with you above bit tho, I think the 2 performances you mentioned were more about a lack of Ferguson, than a lack of Boyd. At least Boyd contributes goals, which is a help. I have a lot of respect for Ferguson as our club captain, but, at the same time, I am also one that sees he SHOULD be further down the pecking order, which I suppose is a tricky situation given he is the captain.

Well, I'd rather have the red type. Too many people think without Boyd we wouldn't score but the team benefits so much more when he's out of the side.

Ball in goal might help to 3 points but it's no guarantee. We'd still score plenty goals with a red type striker but the goals would be more spread around the team rather than relying on the same player all the time.

Thats what a strikers for.

So Boyd's goals aren't a guarantee?

Who says the rest of the team scoring is a guarantee? It's not, nothing is a guarantee, its just what you'd prefer personally.

If Beasley and Papac could do what they did against Milan week in week out against Dundee United and Hearts etc fine, but they don't on the most part do they?

(Albeit Beasley doesn't play :lol: )

If all the rest of the teams adopted Milan's defensive tactic of closing down space for the opposition rather than relying on scything tackles we would have a chance of playing flowing football.

In the real world we can look forward to our League opponents continue to try and play keepie-uppie with our forwards.

If all the rest in the teams adopted Milan's defensive tactic of closing down space for the opposition rather than relying on scything tackles we would have a chance of playing flowing football.

In the real world we can look forward to our League opponents continue to try and play keepie-uppie with our forwards.

The day that happens :lol:

FFS back to form - one positive post this morning and now a whole load of more negative posts from you about Boyd - scoring 3 tap ins isnt brilliant !!! Most forwards would give there right arm for a 3 tap in hat trick it just doesn't work. You have it in for Boyd and Ferguson (and most others that play for us) - why not just add I hate Boyd and Ferguson to your signature.

BTW: When McCoist was playing the critisism of him was 1. He was lazy. 2. He only scored in the penalty box. 3. He didn't contribute a lot when team was defending. Mmmmm who does that remind you of ? McCoist and Boyd '(If) All the do is score gaols. That will do for me!'

Boyd is doing a job right now for Rangers and he loves it. No-one is forcing anyone anywhere. If you honestly believe that SDM could force anyone out of the club, then there are a number of players who are picking up wages for nothing who would be gone by now! e.g. Brahim Hemdani.

Anyone who thinks SDM,WS,AMcC or KMcD want nothing but success for Rangers are wired up incorrectly!

Got to love the big man.

Anybody who wants rid of Boyd is talking through their arse, he has been in superb form this season, his job is to score goals. Given the curent financial situation and the players at the club nobody could replace him.

:pipe:

Got to love the big man.

Anybody who wants rid of Boyd is talking through their arse, he has been in superb form this season, his job is to score goals. Given the curent financial situation and the players at the club nobody could replace him.

his form has been nothing short of average