Tottenham's Dos Santos "a strong possibility to join Rangers on loan in January"

thomas_91

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness, he's really impressed me whenever he's had to do a job there.

I'm sorry but he's never impressed me when he's played in the middle.

I always got the impression the fans were a bit easy on him and didn't want to criticize him too much when he played there because he was getting played out of position.

I really wanted Giovani Dos Santos to succeed at Spurs.

Unfortunately, he hasn't made the most of the (comparitively few) opportunities he's been given so far.

I still think that there's a top class player in there somewhere, so perhaps a high profile loan move to Rangers might be the catalyst to get his career back on track.

Giovani Dos Santos Career Stats

Now Naismith can play anywhere, this site at times. doh

Naismith has played in that CM position 2-3 times and looked good, however over a whole season and with that team that Naismith was added in midfield with would get found out and struggle badly. There is no balance at all!

Can't make any sense of that, am I right in saying that because naismith has looked good any time he's played at centre-mid, the team would struggle badly if he was played there ? Wit ?

When naisy plays at centre-mid he makes Davis look ordinary.

I'm with Rangers_no1, I don't think Naismith can be considered as a CM.

He's the sort of guy that could play two or three matches at left back and get an eight out of ten through pure effort and overall ability, but you can't really put him anywhere but attacking midfield, wide right or up front for a long period of time.

To say he was 'average' in midfield at the game at Fir Park is beyond stupidity though.

I'm with Rangers_no1, I don't think Naismith can be considered as a CM.

He's the sort of guy that could play two or three matches at left back and get an eight out of ten through pure effort and overall ability, but you can't really put him anywhere but attacking midfield, wide right or up front for a long period of time.

To say he was 'average' in midfield at the game at Fir Park is beyond stupidity though.

Agree... Naismith needs that bit of freedom and having to play him in a CM role would surely take a lot of the quality out of his game in an attacking sense.

Teams do not always pay the entire weekly wage of players they are loaning in. It is totally possible that spurs will continue to pay a good percentage of his wage.

Redknapp wants rid. Sevilla had a deal up but tied up at the death of the last window, but red tape held it up.