When did RMers opinions on Green change?

FernandoR20

I will still back the man who said he would save the club and did so.

I fail to see what Green has done wrong here

There is a massive push by the usual suspects to paint him as the baddie so TBK can have another shot

Those bastards don't care how much grief they cause as long as they get aboard.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still back Charles Green. I also have noticed an influx of anti-Green posters on RM over the last few days.

This always happens, relatively low post count "sleepers" or new posters.

I have no doubt that they are mobilised and briefed to come on here.

I wish Green would sell up and leave i supported him when he came in and he saved our club when nobody would touch us and i thank him for that but him and his investors are tearing this great club apart so if this takeover happens and i hope it does so we can get a bit of stability back and move on.

Was wary of him at first then warmed to him. That soured quickly, for me anyway, when it became obvious that he loved the headlines too much.

While I welcome someone with a voice that is willing to defend us, I don't appreciate our name being attached to the absolute shite he was spouting at times, especially the "paki" interview.

I'd really prefer if he was nowhere near our club. I appreciate that a lot of folk like how vocal he is, and how he won't take any shit from anyone. Unlike Sir David Murray who was happy to let the fans be walked over time and again. For me, Charles Green is far too vocal, he goes way beyond his remit. You seen that at the weekend.

Rangers are a club with a lot of dignity, that's how we have always been. With Charles Green fronting us, we lose a lot of that. In the public eye at least.

This always happens, relatively low post count "sleepers" or new posters.

I have no doubt that they are mobilised and briefed to come on here.

There does seem to be an 'agenda' from some. I'm sure a few (or more) have popped across from another forum with a distinctly different flavour!

The Dallas Cowboys

The Channel 5 programme

Stadium redevelopmemt

The Adidas kit deal

Badmouthing the team in public

His reappearance when things were starting to settle with a good CEO, good signings...

Playing some of our support like fools.

In my opinion he is back to just make himself more money. I would much rather if the club is making money, then that money stays within the club for reinvestment. We d not need him back right now. Not at all.

The Dallas Cowboys

The Channel 5 programme

Stadium redevelopmemt

The Adidas kit deal

Badmouthing the team in public

His reappearance when things were starting to settle with a good CEO, good signings...

Playing some of our support like fools.

In my opinion he is back to just make himself more money. I would much rather if the club is making money, then that money stays within the club for reinvestment. We d not need him back right now. Not at all.

If he is making money then, by default, the club is. He has shares and when he sells them (whatever the price) no money will go in or out of the club. The better the share price the better the club is doing (financially). Ergo, for CG to 'make more' money the club has to make more money!

I can't believe some actually still back Green, probably the same group of Bears who backed Whyte to the hilt right up until admin.

After all the shite we have been through in the past 18 month or so, my own instinct is to back a group of known Rangers men(Not angels themselves) than some crook who has constantly lied and lied and conducted himself with no respect for the club and fans.

Prior to the announcement of Green's return we had Marvelous Mini and his band of Merry Men plotting to oust the CEO and FD. Hardly 'things running smoothly'.

Mather has invest one million quid of his own money, conducts himself (as you say) with dignity, seems to have business acumen...... yet the club 'de-stabilizers' want him out.

That's why I said 'seemed.'

We didn't know about it until after Green came back.

Got to say think him being brought back is to counteract the EGM, don't believe he is to blame for the shit storm, consistent in his belief of the team from last season, no personal attacks.

Truthfully don't know what or who to back now, Green reigned in a bit might not be a bad thing. Maybe being a bit too outspoken at times.

Apart from the motion about the EGM, what else has actually been put forward to indicate a vision for the future that the fans can get behind by McColl and Co.

I never really trusted him at all to be honest. Right now, it's hard to trust anyone involved with the club. He just comes across as a moonbeams telling chancer.

This. I was growing weary of his self-publicising and inability to shut his mouth before he left the first time. Lo and behold, his return brings absolute chaos. That doesn't mean he won't come through and do right by us, but it means I won't trust him until he does.

This. I was growing weary of his self-publicising and inability to shut his mouth before he left the first time. Lo and behold, his return brings absolute chaos. That doesn't mean he won't come through and do right by us, but it means I won't trust him until he does.

Much of the chaos, as evidenced by Walter's statement, revolves around the requisition of an EGM. Something that Walter was against.

That request was filed before Green was back in his consultancy role.

I can't believe some actually still back Green, probably the same group of Bears who backed Whyte to the hilt right up until admin.

After all the shite we have been through in the past 18 month or so, my own instinct is to back a group of known Rangers men(Not angels themselves) than some crook who has constantly lied and lied and conducted himself with no respect for the club and fans.

By "known Rangers men" I take it you mean known for destabilizing the club to lower the share price so they can gain control.

They have previous for this and were at it before Green came back.

Those Rangers men were liars when it mattered.

Green exaggerated a bit in his sales pitch. Hardly the same thing. Nothing Green has said or done has threatened the club.

The Rangers men can't say the same.

So for that reason They're out !!

I personally am not against him - I was disappointed when he left but I am now very wary of his intentions - I trust Walter and his leaving coupled with rumours ( and I see them as rumours not facts) of his wages and desire to sell his shares worrying. I also think we need stability and that means keeping Ally. Most of all though I am concerned about Walters comments on a dysfunctional board and that is the worst thing a company can have. So while I have downgrade my opinion to Green as neutral I have real concerns for the clubs direction - if green is to lead get back on board and lead as CEO or Chair but lets get the infighting and snipping stopped

The telling factor between who is right and wrong will be the finances. We need to see the balance sheet. If we are in a mess as McColl suggests then change is needed. If the numbers are solid then why change.