Eustace To Sign

Bestie

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think some have lost the plot on here.

Mate, I was the first to criticise McCoist for filling the team with old stiffs but maybe MW sees this guy as the lynchpin of the team. I'll give him a chance at least until I see him play.

Good arguement.

Its not an Argument at all, why would it be its my opinion. signing a guy who Derby released as he could not earn a contract after two knee operations is ridiculous.

What's more ridiculous is posters comparing him to Busquets, Pirlo, or saying i'd want to sign Song Or Flamini.

If Ally the Gardener had signed this player we would all be scratching our heads.

Its not an Argument at all, why would it be its my opinion. signing a guy who Derby released as he could not earn a contract after two knee operations is ridiculous.

What's more ridiculous is posters comparing him to Busquets, Pirlo, or saying i'd want to sign Song Or Flamini.

If Ally the Gardener had signed this player we would all be scratching our heads.

Indeed we would be.

Whats your point? That everyone has much more faith in Warburton, his judgement and his plan than we do with Ally? Because you'd be correct.

I think the vast majority trust w & w in re-building our team and club. Transfer dealings and style of play, he has always said we need to supplement the team with older heads.

Eustice is no way Pirlo, have u watched him much over the years

I never said he was, I'm saying Pirlo is the older experienced head that starts attacks in the Juve team, Busquets is the hard working type, covers for full backs and allows Barca's front three and other midfielders to go and express themselves. We're getting a very good alternative to them, considering where we are.

The two holding mids are the anchor in a 4-2-3-1 set up. Someone like Eustace who has leadership qualities would be great to have in there.

If we had signed a young, 19 year old holding mid, how much would that help the development of Murdoch? There needs to be a balance, and I can see Eustace and Wallace, with potentially one other, being the only players over 25 playing in our ''best'' 11.

Indeed we would be.

Whats your point? That everyone has much more faith in Warburton, his judgement and his plan than we do with Ally? Because you'd be correct.

Why Warburton unproven at Rangers, yet we seem to be giving Warburton praise he has not earned yet.

lets leave the backslapping till he has earned it.

I actually thought my point was clear overage over the hill injured players are not what's needed at Rangers.

I for one trust Warburton 100times more than I trust McCoist, if this is what you're assuming then ur right.

Always easy to find a negative rather than judge the guy on the pitch

Obviously a guy that W&W like, it's not always about what the guy can do on the field, it's what he may bring to the training ground, the group of young players etc. The way that Mark has gone about getting people who fit a 'profile' I'm 100% sure there is method to what others perceive as madness!

Good signing if it happens, last season we were always outplayed in midfield, Eustace will add that defensive solidity to the midfield, having a midfield consisting of players like allan or murdoch will be far too weak with no height, besides we need at least one or two experienced players in the team, and I think a CDM is the perfect role for an older player!

I never compard him to Pirlo, jesus wept :anguish:

I'm saying, that role, if the team compliments it, doesn't require a 19 year old whippet, running around, chasing and tackling, providing the older alternative has the know how. Eustace is a very good option for the role considering where we are (tu)

I never compard him to Pirlo, jesus wept :anguish:

I'm saying, that role, if the team compliments it, doesn't require a 19 year old whippet, running around, chasing and tackling, providing the older alternative has the know how. Eustace is a very good option for the role considering where we are (tu)

We are not going to agree on this but i respect you opinion.

Why Warburton unproven at Rangers, yet we seem to be giving Warburton praise he has not earned yet.

lets leave the backslapping till he has earned it.

I actually thought my point was clear overage over the hill injured players are not what's needed at Rangers.

What he achieved at Brentford earned faith in what he does.

We are not going to agree on this but i respect you opinion.

Fair enough (tu)

I could well be wrong, it all depends how he is after two knee op's, but if he can prove he's fit and passes a medical, I have no qualms with the potential signing.

I think it may be the type of player and position we're talking about, people would rather see forward thinking midfielders like Allan through the door and I agree to an extent (tu) Not expecting many people to have ''Eustace 4'' on the back of the shirts this year, but maybe you will by the end of the year ;)

Regardless of what age he is or how good we think he is or may not be...it's another option in a pretty bare looking first team. Experienced in the championship (several levels above our championship and SPFL) and by all accounts it's a short term deal.

That can only be good right?

Regardless of what age he is or how good we think he is or may not be...it's another option in a pretty bare looking first team. Experienced in the championship (several levels above our championship and SPFL) and by all accounts it's a short term deal.

That can only be good right?

On it's own it looks like a poor signing but when you look at the bigger picture it's actually a good signing.

The dodgy knees are a bit of a concern though.

Its not an Argument at all, why would it be its my opinion. signing a guy who Derby released as he could not earn a contract after two knee operations is ridiculous.What's more ridiculous is posters comparing him to Busquets, Pirlo, or saying i'd want to sign Song Or Flamini.If Ally the Gardener had signed this player we would all be scratching our heads.

I take the point re our reaction to Ally signing this guy. Difference is Ally would also sign two 33 year old FBs, a couple of 35 year old strikers and two veteran CBs. Let's face it, if McCoist was still manager, he would be tying up deals right now for Stephen McManus, Plug Pearson, Scott Mcdonald and the guy who Mohsni banjoed as our token youth signing.