Eustace To Sign

Bestie

He did however provide an update on John Eustace who has been training with the club over the last few weeks.

He said: John is now training with the group, and thats great from where he was when he came in. Hopefully, that progresses well as John has done really well and the medical team have been outstanding with him.

Its a decision for all parties that John is comfortable that he can play a role and that we are comfortable it is the right thing to do for John and the squad as a whole.

John is fitting in well with the group and his views are greatly respected. Hopefully we can make good progress on that front.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not a gamble its fucking stupid we need a Younger player to play this role not an piss poor player who has knee problems.

I've a feeling these negative comments will bite you on the arse, Warburton seems to trust this guy big time and while young hungry guys with sell on value is the way to go, there are always exceptions to the rule like sir Davie. While it's important we build for the future it's crucial we get out the championship and to do that we'll need leadership on the park and the young guys will benefit from his experience so it's a no brainer for me as he's on a free.

I've a feeling these negative comments will bite you on the arse, Warburton seems to trust this guy big time and while young hungry guys with sell on value is the way to go, there are always exceptions to the rule like sir Davie. While it's important we build for the future it's crucial we get out the championship and to do that we'll need leadership on the park and the young guys will benefit from his experience so it's a no brainer for me as he's on a free.

We dont need an old player with Chocolate knees who spends his career injured. what's wrong with Halliday doing the job, been fine up till now, Davie weir was not injury prone.

We dont need an old player with Chocolate knees who spends his career injured. what's wrong with Halliday doing the job, been fine up till now, Davie weir was not injury prone.

Eustace isn't injury prone where are you getting this from?

Eustace isn't injury prone where are you getting this from?

Smile has been saying this since we were linked with him. Eustace has had 2 or 3 serious injuries over his career, but so far so good in his recovery thus far after his latest operation. If the medical staff, manager and player are all happy then what is the big problem?

i havent seen him at all, so can only ask,

is he good enough for the next division up?

Think Derby had a win percentage of 88% or something when he was in the side last season than when he got injured it drasticly decreased and they tailed off.. probably could of got promotion if he was still in the side by the sounds of it as i remember them being at the top before he got injured so i would say without a doubt he is good enough for the SPL easily

I don't know about now mate but John Eustace was a very good player in his prime.

Derby struggled when he and the boy that plays up top got injured last season. Chris martin I think he's called

Look at Derby's record before his injury and when he was out. He played a key part in their success. If MW thinks he can do a job (on and off the field) then I have no doubts.

Look at Derby's record before his injury and when he was out. He played a key part in their success. If MW thinks he can do a job (on and off the field) then I have no doubts.

As I said above mate, they stats are slightly skewed as during that time their top striker went out injured for a couple of months

As I said above mate, they stats are slightly skewed as during that time their top striker went out injured for a couple of months

I'm looking at his pretty injury performances and the widespread acknowledgment of those with a good knowledge of the Championship. I thin Eustace was slightly more of a loss to the team than Martin.

I'm looking at his pretty injury performances and the widespread acknowledgment of those with a good knowledge of the Championship. I thin Eustace was slightly more of a loss to the team than Martin.

I'm not against Eustace St all mate however I'm pointing out the goals kinda dried up and martins loss was significant as well.

Eustace was out a lot longer tho

I'm not against Eustace St all mate however I'm pointing out the goals kinda dried up and martins loss was significant as well.

Eustace was out a lot longer tho

I think he'll be a good signing despite Smiles reservations. I imagine he'll be made club captain in time and his off field presence will be as important as his on field influence. That seems to be MWs implication when he speaks about him.

He's at the end of his career with two chocolate knees and couldn't pass our medical. is that not a red flag.

Care to elaborate on 'two chocolate knees' He had a knee injury last season and one 10 years ago! He played a considerable number of games between the two with no significant issue. Not sure what chocolate you are consuming but I bet it tastes funny.

Care to elaborate on 'two chocolate knees' He had a knee injury last season and one 10 years ago! He played a considerable number of games between the two with no significant issue. Not sure what chocolate you are consuming but I bet it tastes funny.

He's had a knee operation twice one last season and a tidy up as it was still knackered, and could not pass a medical.

Wrong age and fitness level to take us forward.

Would be first to come on admit i'm wrong if he does great and does well for us. i dont mind being wrong.

He's had a knee operation twice one last season and a tidy up as it was still knackered, and could not pass a medical.

Wrong age and fitness level to take us forward.

Would be first to come on admit i'm wrong if he does great and does well for us. i dont mind being wrong.

So just the one knee then and as MW has said he's now done what's needed to get back to full training. Always one of the fittest players in the teams he's played for. I think you are over playing your reservations a little.

So just the one knee then and as MW has said he's now done what's needed to get back to full training. Always one of the fittest players in the teams he's played for. I think you are over playing your reservations a little.

Why's he not signed then. ?

You don't win anything with kids (unless they are Beckham Scholes Giggs etc) They are too inconsistent. W&W recognise this and prefer to go with players a little bit older with an experienced pro (or two) alongside. Eustace is that guy, and he has been on an extended trial to assess his fitness.

If he's even close to the player that I saw in the Championship last season then he will be a very good signing.

A free agent that the gaffer seems to want in to help the squad this season is just fine with me, not taking a big risk on this one so not going to make a big deal out of it either. From all that has been said and spoken about him on here he seems to have a solid head on his shoulders and is a good influence with the players on and off the field. DM is a great job for a more refined midfielder and a good position for a captain if that transpires to be the case.

Look at the injuiries the traitor Naismith had and then the form he had after them,in a role that had a lot more running involved.

Eustace in the sitting midfield roll will stroll it when he's fit,as its been said earlier in thd thread,he will do the sinple things like early passes to start moves and breaking up play and will add some much needed muscle in there for the tough games when we have a busy schedule.

If you look at the Juventus team you will realise the Pogba wouldn't be half the player he is claimed to be if it wasn't for Pirlo pulling the strings.

John Eustace will be a role model and on-field coach to the younger players in the team,i would be happy for him to get a 1 or 2 year deal.