Eustace To Sign

Bestie

People moaning at smile for not being happy at Rangers signing a 35 year old player fresh from a knee injury :lol:

This is a gamble, I can see both sides to this argument, but I will wait and see how he does for us before slating or praising him.

The thing is if i'm wrong i will happily admit it, its only an opinion.

People seem to have lost all sense of reality on here. This board is about opinions.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People seem to have lost all sense of reality on here. This board is about opinions.

(tu)

I remember being of the opinion that is re-signing boyd was a masterstroke and he was going to score a barra load of goals in the championship for us. How wrong I was :lol:

I'd like to think/hope we are signing another SDoW type player here. Time will tell.

The boards about opinions we could just close it down now if no one was able to comment on individual player.

Thinking a player at 35 with two knee injuries released from Derby who's not going to be match fit to start the season seems more like an honest opinion to me.

I think your concerns are fair enough. However, it seems to me that W&W are keen to sign him for his leadership abilities on and off the pitch as much as footballing abilities.

If he can instill a mindset that is shared by W&W amongst the squad and imparticular the younger members then he'll be a good signing.

Think it really is a great signing. With Foderingham all but due to sign we have sorted out the defensive side of the team with a few shrewd signings IMO. Add Wabara to that and I think were doing really well. 2 strikers a winger and another midfielder for cover and I think were good to go.

Oh shit, haha didn't realise he was in for a medical!

(tu)

I remember being of the opinion that is re-signing boyd was a masterstroke and he was going to score a barra load of goals in the championship for us. How wrong I was :lol:

I'd like to think/hope we are signing another SDoW type player here. Time will tell.

So did i, i also slagged of sportingintegrity all last season when he was saying Hearts would win the league.

Again i was wrong.

I dont get the posters who cant differentiate between opinions and what actually happens its all just guesswork.

It is. I think you are extremely hyperbolic right enough.

I don't think anyone can describe this legitimately as worthy of ridicule.

GM

explain ?. You sound like you want him to fail you are on other threads spouting the same negative pish.. your opinion means feck all to me but who needs enemies with "fans" like you.

Not at all, i want us to have the best chance possible i cant see that with an injury prone old footballer.

It is. I think you are extremely hyperbolic right enough.

I don't think anyone can describe this legitimately as worthy of ridicule.

GM

I think on the internet people make things more dramatic than they are and seem to think there opinion really means something, in reality all it does is keep threads going and provide entertainment at times.

You get it right you get it wrong that's what its about.

So did i, i also slagged of sportingintegrity all last season when he was saying Hearts would win the league.

Again i was wrong.

I dont get the posters who cant differentiate between opinions and what actually happens its all just guesswork.

(tu)

We disagree on this signing, from what I've heard and remember from a few years back, I liked the look of this lad, but I can totally see the point regarding his knee ops. If he passes the medical, I'll be happy with the signing and think he'd do a turn, but there's no harm in questioning it like you have done (tu)

Would you be as down on this signing if he hadn't had two knee ops? Or is it more his age you have an issue with? Or a culmination of all those things?

I feel we lacked a real leader last year, I'm sure you do too, and the various ''holding'' mids we tried, bar Murdoch, failed to impress me. Hutton, Black etc, never captain material, this Eustace is an improvement on them for his attitude alone. I'm feeling good about this, but as I say, if he fails his medical or his knees bother him too much, it'll be a drain on our already thinly stretched resources

Well unless I'm reading what was said wrongly, I believe what was said was that Eustace played the same role as Pirlo, and not that he was like him,

it seems people just read things they way they want so as to have a pop at each other

Eustace and Pirlo are old. Other than that they have othing in common. They may as well be playing different sports.

Correct me if in wrong, but of the 6 or 7 players we are seriously linked to, Eustace is the only one over 24 years old? People comparing this to Ally's approach are absolute clueless rockets. A team of 18-24 year olds needs a couple of experienced heads, exactly as Warburton has said repeatedly and exactly what he found so much success with at Brentford. Gies peace.

(tu)

We disagree on this signing, from what I've heard and remember from a few years back, I liked the look of this lad, but I can totally see the point regarding his knee ops. If he passes the medical, I'll be happy with the signing and think he'd do a turn, but there's no harm in questioning it like you have done (tu)

Would you be as down on this signing if he hadn't had two knee ops? Or is it more his age you have an issue with? Or a culmination of all those things?

I feel we lacked a real leader last year, I'm sure you do too, and the various ''holding'' mids we tried, bar Murdoch, failed to impress me. Hutton, Black etc, never captain material, this Eustace is an improvement on them for his attitude alone. I'm feeling good about this, but as I say, if he fails his medical or his knees bother him too much, it'll be a drain on our already thinly stretched resources

I'd be more than happy if he comes in and does well, I'm stating with his age and knee injuries plus a back injury at one time that also kept him out its a big gamble.

The Missing the start of our season is also a concern if he's going to be the midfield lynch pin.

I'd be more than happy if he comes in and does well, I'm stating with his age and knee injuries plus a back injury at one time that also kept him out its a big gamble.

The Missing the start of our season is also a concern if he's going to be the midfield lynch pin.

That's true, the second part is my biggest concern. I'd prefer our best 11 ready for the 25th, but it appears Eustace won't be ready in that time frame. If we line up with Murdoch and say Shiels there in the meantime, would Eustace be training but just not match fit? As, providing we're working on things as a team, his knowledge of the role should rub off on Murdoch etc, regardless if he's playing or not.

In my defence, I am assuming he's only going to be 3 or 4 weeks behind schedule, haven't read up on when he got this latest op and how long he's expected out for.

That's true, the second part is my biggest concern. I'd prefer our best 11 ready for the 25th, but it appears Eustace won't be ready in that time frame. If we line up with Murdoch and say Shiels there in the meantime, would Eustace be training but just not match fit? As, providing we're working on things as a team, his knowledge of the role should rub off on Murdoch etc, regardless if he's playing or not.

In my defence, I am assuming he's only going to be 3 or 4 weeks behind schedule, haven't read up on when he got this latest op and how long he's expected out for.

I actually thought Shiels did well in the latter stages of the season but seemed to lack Fitness at times, one thing about Shiels is even if he has a bad game he never hides.

We do need strength and power in the midfield we are quite a physically weak team filled with wee boys, it showed against Motherwell when we were unable to match them for strength and energy in the game but we had also gave our all previously against Hibs

He's not even signed yet so all this discussion may yet be pointless

Again i was wrong.

Aye its all about opinions.

Fwiw im worried again.

Whilst I reckon MW is the right man for us, I think our squad is too weak and even to get a few players in now wont be time enough for the start of the season. I fear we could lose ground similar to last year.

Some folk have MW down as some sort of messiah, I think he'll do well over time, but think the start will be bumpier than most on here seem prepared for.

As for this signing, yeah bring him in for a year its not a huge gamble. If he can prove his fitness as you say .

You do like a moan though!

Aye its all about opinions.

Fwiw im worried again.

Whilst I reckon MW is the right man for us, I think our squad is too weak and even to get a few players in now wont be time enough for the start of the season. I fear we could lose ground similar to last year.

Some folk have MW down as some sort of messiah, I think he'll do well over time, but think the start will be bumpier than most on here seem prepared for.

As for this signing, yeah bring him in for a year its not a huge gamble. If he can prove his fitness as you say .

That's my worry as well i'm being more realistic than last year when i stupidly thought we are Rangers, Hearts will Crumble.

Not enough signings so far No pre season no time for players to gel is a worry for me.

I hope the board come out and back MW to give him the best chance possible to succeed.

That's my worry as well i'm being more realistic than last year when i stupidly thought we are Rangers, Hearts will Crumble.

Not enough signings so far No pre season no time for players to gel is a worry for me.

I hope the board come out and back MW to give him the best chance possible to succeed.

Cant argue with any of that mate.

And whilst hivees would do well to have the consistency hertz did last year, I think they'll be stronger and more up for it than they were last year.

Every point counts from day 1, irregardless of how the petrofact game pans out.

No one on here knows the player better than the new manager its his opinion that counts not the internet Mourinho's .

Right!... The concensus among those who know the player are saying he's a midfield general, a great pro that makes others tick.

Mitigate the health risk with a strict medical then sign him up!