Waghorn

G.E.C.

Do people actually read the posts before commenting on them or just skim over it and make up the rest to suit their agenda?

Perhaps you should engage your brain and proof read prior to submitting a post. Both players mentioned graft hard, they share no other attributes.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you say that, because he looks a natural number 10. I think he'll get a good many goals.

He is very Naismith esque in some ways.

I'm just delighted he's finally getting an opportunity in his favoured position and I have faith he will score the goals.

If he doesn't this year, we still go up, and we sign a striker. It'll happen.

Just watched the game again there.. He does miss some sitters, but I genuinely think that he was very unlucky with phenomenal saves etc. Remember - Luis Suarez was very unlucky with saves and coming very close for almost an entire season before he starting putting them away for Liverpool. We need to be patient. He also has a packed defence to deal with - not easy. No space.

Not wise to compare Waghorn with Boydy as boydys goal scoring stats put him on a different level while Waghorn has more of an all round game.

Aye, that level being the level no professional footballer ever wants to be. Kris Boyd is and was fucking shite

You're talking shite, he was a goal machine.

Aye, he fired in a fair amount of goals in a spell, i'll grant you that. Just that he downed tools in his last 6 months at the club first time around, was a joke at every club he played for other than the team he started his career at, and hes utter shite at football in general. Aye, goal machine though.

Aye, he fired in a fair amount of goals in a spell, i'll grant you that. Just that he downed tools in his last 6 months at the club first time around, was a joke at every club he played for other than the team he started his career at, and hes utter shite at football in general. Aye, goal machine though.

He's scored 249 goals in 521 games, a bit longer than 'a spell'. Ally never had a fucking clue how to use him or many others properly. He'd score for fun in this Rangers team with the amount of chances created.

Just watched the game again there.. He does miss some sitters, but I genuinely think that he was very unlucky with phenomenal saves etc. Remember - Luis Suarez was very unlucky with saves and coming very close for almost an entire season before he starting putting them away for Liverpool. We need to be patient. He also has a packed defence to deal with - not easy. No space.

My thoughts exactly.

He's hit the post, keeper's trailing leg, and some of the saves made by keepers have been sensational.

i think he just needs that little bit more composure when pulling the trigger, which will come with time, games and of course goals

Rather have him making umpteen chances for himself and others than struggling to make the chances.

Think he's gonna be great for us, though would be equally happy to have him on the right if we got a clinical CF in.

He's scored 249 goals in 521 games, a bit longer than 'a spell'. Ally never had a fucking clue how to use him or many others properly. He'd score for fun in this Rangers team with the amount of chances created.

How many has he scored in the last 5 years? Hes a fat lazy cunt, and hes shite.

SPL all time top scorer, pretty sure you'll be happy in ten years if Waghorn is the SPL all time scorer and dafties are saying he was "fucking shite ".

Yip, thats the classic, "he's the SPL all time top goal scorer..." So what? Waghorn wont be the SPL all time top scorer because hes not a poacher for a start. SPL top scorer for christ sake, how many Scotland caps has he got? How many goals against Celtic? How many in Europe? How many in the championship? He was found out

I would like to see Waburton buying a new striker and playing Waghorn on the right and McKay on the left. I think Waghorn is very effective out wide and I want to see him replace Templeton on one of the wings. But until or if a new striker is bought I'd be happy to see him played through the middle with McKay and Walsh on either side of him as his first touch is excellent and he is very good at distributing the ball out wide. Not really relevant to this topic but I don't really want to see Templeton start because I don't think he offers much to the team tbh. Majority of the time he cuts inside which usually ends up with us losing the ball

Looked very good on the right. Through the middle he has been a bit unlucky and at times been guilty of putting too much on the ball.

I like the idea of him on the right. It means we are likely to play either McKay or Templeton on the left.

Until we get another striker I'd play Miller, Clark or Hardie through the middle.

Hardie looked a very tidy finisher during the warm up.

Waghorn has never been prolific, although as the season goes on i'd expect him to probably score more than he has previously.

He fits exactly with the whole team style that Warburton wants though. His strength, energy and running bring others into the game and are a handful for defenders. Part of the problem previously has been lack of goals from midfield and Waghorn will create for them also.

My thoughts exactly.

He's hit the post, keeper's trailing leg, and some of the saves made by keepers have been sensational.

i think he just needs that little bit more composure when pulling the trigger, which will come with time, games and of course goals

Rather have him making umpteen chances for himself and others than struggling to make the chances.

Think he's gonna be great for us, though would be equally happy to have him on the right if we got a clinical CF in.

Yes. I remember. Certain Luis Suarez going through a similar thing before he started banging in the goals for Liverpool.

He played 37 games and scored 22 for a shit Kilmarnock side in a tougher division than we are in. If a guy that scores 249 goals is shite then who the fuck is good?

So because he scored that amount of goals, hes automatically a good player? The vast majority of our fan base were glad to get shot of the SPL all time top scorer he was that good. I think Adam Rooney hit 20 odd last season, hes some player aswell. And the season Boyd rifled in 22 goals for Killie, the same season John Sutton scored 20 odd for Motherwell, and Billy Mckay hit 18 for ICT!

Waghorn is good, imo. He wont score 220 goals for us, but he looks a better player than Boyd to me. Player, not poacher.

So because he scored that amount of goals, hes automatically a good player? The vast majority of our fan base were glad to get shot of the SPL all time top scorer he was that good. I think Adam Rooney hit 20 odd last season, hes some player aswell. And the season Boyd rifled in 22 goals for Killie, the same season John Sutton scored 20 odd for Motherwell, and Billy Mckay hit 18 for ICT!

Waghorn is good, imo. He wont score 220 goals for us, but he looks a better player than Boyd to me. Player, not poacher.

Exactly, Mohsni scored 12 for us in his first season, does that make him good

He's obviously not shite if he scored 249 goals, that's just an absurd opinion. A 20 goal a season striker is what we need right now ironically enough and Waghorn might get there but he does seem to miss some pretty easy chances.