Could/should We Knock Back A Solid Bid?

TMB

Hypothetical question here - If a solid bid came in from down south could we, and should we, be knocking that back?

For example, let's say a £3m bid came in for Tavernier next summer. Obviously we want him to stay buy could we turn that money down? Is the company in a place whereby we can knock back that type of bid? Should we, or are we, trying to create a model whereby we buy cheap and sell big like the mhanky mob?

I don't want us to sell all of our best players even if there is a profit to be made. I'd rather we kept hold of our best players for the title push ahead. Sadly, that may be unrealistic.

Many opposition fans shit on the idea of a loan player. However, I see mhank players leaving after one good season so what's the difference there? A transfer fee is involved which is good for business but the team constantly weakens on the pitch. I want to see us build the best football team in the country and for that to happen we must keep our best players.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypothetical question here - If a solid bid came in from down south could we, and should we, be knocking that back?

For example, let's say a £3m bid came in for Tavernier next summer. Obviously we want him to stay buy could we turn that money down? Is the company in a place whereby we can knock back that type of bid? Should we, or are we, trying to create a model whereby we buy cheap and sell big like the mhanky mob?

I don't want us to sell all of our best players even if there is a profit to be made. I'd rather we kept hold of our best players for the title push ahead. Sadly, that may be unrealistic.

Many opposition fans shit on the idea of a loan player. However, I see mhank players leaving after one good season so what's the difference there? A transfer fee is involved which is good for business but the team constantly weakens on the pitch. I want to see us build the best football team in the country and for that to happen we must keep our best players.

The mhanks should want 5mil minimum. Time we took a leaf out there book (pains me ti say it) and play hardball in dealings

Think that this kind of management and transfer business will be the way we will head.As MW has said on a few occasions its about players adding value to our squad and if a bid comes in and its a no brainer then players will move.The trick is to have a replacement whos as good if not better to take that players place.

as much as the likes of Tav and Oduwa are enjoying their football just now and have really taken to the club, they are here to make an impression on clubs down south. we certainly shouldn't be knocking back millions imo, plus I'm confident Warburton would find more than capable replacements.

right now I'm just delighted to have these guys playing with us.

Perfectly calm, its you thats neurotic, Hypothetically loads of bad shit could happen, why worry about it?

We've only just brought some very exciting talent to the club, both managerial and playing staff, I'm happy to enjoy that without worrying about hypothetical problems.

It's fucking September. Let's wait and see eh?

Bugs my happiness when people bring up this sort of shit - Everything's going well, let's just enjoy it and be happy. No need to start worrying about players being offloaded.

Although I will say this; Mark Warburton has a competitive mentality; I don't think he'll sell us short when it comes to being able to compete with the teams around us.

The loan deals don't bother me. There is no best way to have players in your team while you play in Scotland .

If players excel they can be targets for clubs from down south with Sky money. If they under perform and are on good money, you have to loan deal them out. Where is there any real permanence, except for a few core players.

We may have more stability with players when we have bigger income and CL football. Until then , I am happy for MW to wheel and deal with sub contract.

Likewise if he sells for money, I am confident he can deal and buy again. Football is more transient now, with players freely available in so many markets.

I think we're not far off from where we want to be , so see no sense in knocking down all we've built so far ( albeit very early days ) just to start all over again.

After all what we , the fans , have been through recently , I think it could be a very dangerous game to play to start messing about , when for the first time in years there's a wee bit of light at the end of a dark tunnel.

If it ain't broke , don't fix it !

King said that to rebuild Rangers it would take north of £30M, let him buy us the quality we need.
A player like Tavernier offers us the quality we need, so he stays. We need a better quality centre half, a really good quality midfielder who is truly creative and we still need a strong quality centre forward ( striker ).
Now any players we have who prove to be of the quality we require should stay, anyone else is fair game to sell and make a profit.
CL means we need quality, ask C1888c about that.

I hate that cringeworthy whoring of your own players.

The tarriers are experts on phoning in and talking about how much they should sell a player for, it's like a trophy for them.

How about if you like a player you keep him?

Well said. (tu)

Thank Christ no one on here is an agent. Half our squad would have already been gift-wrapped and sold by now.

Whenever we get ourselves established back at the top of Scottish football as Champions and have all the other necessary football and business mechanics aligned throughout the club then yes we should definitely consider what is in the clubs best interests financially.

However we are a long way from achieving those goals and until then we need to be adding quality and value to the team on the pitch and in our academy, this is what we get us to the top.

We will need to cultivate and sell on players in the future in order to balance the books but our sole focus until such times should be treasuring the gems that we have.

Sad truth is when the time comes and a reasonable bid comes in for our best players they will be sold its the financial position we are in these days in world football. The best we can hope for is that Mr Warburton finds replacements and our youth set up really starts to step up to the plate.