Brentford Manager Sacked

TheLawMan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be keen to know the thoughts of the fans, how many will be shouting for MW back?

I'd love to know their thoughts, too.

I can't imagine they were to happy with the club letting him go in the first place. They got a play-off place despite the players knowing he was leaving.

I must admit I saw this headline this morning and laughed. Their decision to sack MW is one of the more clueless ones in history.

He took Brentford from League 1 to the verge of the Premiership in a couple of years...then gone.

I also saw, a month or so ago, one of the Brentford players having a "pop" at MW for being too attack minded !

Brentford are now in a position they deserve...and MW is thriving at a massive club.

I've been a Brentford fan for around 50yrs. Mark Warburton gave us the best and most entertaining football i'd ever seen at Brentford. He and DW conducted themselves in exemplary fashion during their last few months , no doubt that was noted at Rangers.Everyone was stunned when we heard he was leaving and i don't think we'll ever find out the real reason until Warbs writes a book. Meantime he's the type to keep his opinions on the matter to himself. Unsettling and not a little confusing at the time but I have faith in Mathew Benham and we'll now get behind Lee Carsley 100% and hopefully he'll get us back to mid table at least. That said, Warburton looks to have been given a clean slate at Rangers to apply his philosophy and develop the footballing side of the club as he wants (which he apparently wouldn't have been allowed to do at Brentford). I'd say he was pretty lucky to get that kind of opportunity at such a massive club, as such, magic hats off to the Rangers board for having the balls to take a chance on him and DW. The fans and everyone associated with Rangers are now reaping the rewards and fully deserve to. Rangers are a pleasure to watch these days and will continue to improve. Match made in heaven in my opinion.

I've been a Brentford fan for around 50yrs. Mark Warburton gave us the best and most entertaining football i'd ever seen at Brentford. He and DW conducted themselves in exemplary fashion during their last few months , no doubt that was noted at Rangers.Everyone was stunned when we heard he was leaving and i don't think we'll ever find out the real reason until Warbs writes a book. Meantime he's the type to keep his opinions on the matter to himself. Unsettling and not a little confusing at the time but I have faith in Mathew Benham and we'll now get behind Lee Carsley 100% and hopefully he'll get us back to mid table at least. That said, Warburton looks to have been given a clean slate at Rangers to apply his philosophy and develop the footballing side of the club as he wants (which he apparently wouldn't have been allowed to do at Brentford). I'd say he was pretty lucky to get that kind of opportunity at such a massive club, as such, magic hats off to the Rangers board for having the balls to take a chance on him and DW. The fans and everyone associated with Rangers are now reaping the rewards and fully deserve to. Rangers are a pleasure to watch these days and will continue to improve. Match made in heaven in my opinion.

Thats a nice post mate. Brentford were the ones who gave Mark his first big opportunity so need credit for that. The way it ended was unfortunate for you guys and now Mark has came to Rangers and impressed the hell out of us.

It's funny the way such things work in football because I now have a soft spot for Brentford and wish you all the best in the future.

Excellent post mate, now fuck off!!!

Only kidding! :D

So, has warbutton lasted longer as a sacked manager at Brentford to see out the season, than his successor lasted in the job full time before being sacked himself? Lol.

Was Warburton sacked? I thought he left because the Brentford owner wanted the Team to be run in a different manner to the way Warburton wanted and that led to a parting of the ways.

More fool him.

At the end of the day you never know if a manager will be successful or not. I mean look what happened to us with Le Guen. While they will obviously be upset over losing Mr Warburton, theres no telling how he would have done for them

Im just glad hes here with us.